Spy "surprise" ability (fog of war)

philipagphilipag Registered Users 38 Posts
Can anyone explain how this works?

Comments

• HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    You attack using "Surprise", which does lower damage than a normal attack. However right after the attack, before you spend any other action points, you can view the entire map of the enemy base. While it will not show you where the objectives are it will allow you to see how many agents they have in each building, their levels, structure types and their HP. Kinda allows you to start planning ahead once you get the objective of the column your are already on.
  • HenkieHenkie Registered Users 57 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    You attack using "Surprise", which does lower damage than a normal attack. However right after the attack, before you spend any other action points, you can view the entire map of the enemy base. While it will not show you where the objectives are it will allow you to see how many agents they have in each building, their levels, structure types and their HP. Kinda allows you to start planning ahead once you get the objective of the column your are already on.

Handles, are you supposed to be able to attack the players that get revealed by fog of war? Because at the moment you can and that seems like a bug.
  • philipagphilipag Registered Users 38 Posts
    Henkie wrote: »
    Handles, are you supposed to be able to attack the players that get revealed by fog of war? Because at the moment you can and that seems like a bug.

You may be thinking about Snipe (Commando).

I think "Surprise" needs a boost compared to the other abilities, would never use it.

Whats your:

Ingame name
    Device used
    Device OS

I'll be testing this today, but the devs might need your info to do further investigation if this is in fact the case.
    I'm being told that "Surprise" is working as intended. It is not a bug.
  • HenkieHenkie Registered Users 57 Posts
    philipag wrote: »
    You may be thinking about Snipe (Commando).

I think "Surprise" needs a boost compared to the other abilities, would never use it.
    No, I'm talking about Surprise. Spies in my alliance have tested and reported that you can look up locked columns and even attack them with Suprise. For example: You've gotten 0 objectives so you can only attack column A, B and C are locked. Surprise allows you to see B and C and then even allows you to attack them.
    Handles wrote: »
    I'm being told that "Surprise" is working as intended. It is not a bug.
    So it's intended that spies can attack locked rows? (This isn't mentioned in the ability description)
    No, I'm talking about Surprise. Spies in my alliance have tested and reported that you can look up locked columns and even attack them with Suprise. For example: You've gotten 0 objectives so you can only attack column A, B and C are locked. Surprise allows you to see B and C and then even allows you to attack them.

So it's intended that spies can attack locked rows? (This isn't mentioned in the ability description)

Yes, I passed on the suggestion that the description of the ability be more clear of what it does.
  • philipagphilipag Registered Users 38 Posts
    You need to enhance this ability I think. A.W. has degenerated into unbeatable tank players sitting on the front row objective until the game is over.
  • pforhanpforhan Registered Users 44 Posts
    I've seen a couple of those. Undamageable, and I have a disproportionately high offense rating. I did 0hp damage every time. It made me a bit sad.

Other times, folks with 4000+ hit points let me do triple or quad damage to them, not sure why.
  • ValhallaValhalla Registered Users 55 Posts
    pforhan wrote: »
    I've seen a couple of those. Undamageable, and I have a disproportionately high offense rating. I did 0hp damage every time. It made me a bit sad.

Other times, folks with 4000+ hit points let me do triple or quad damage to them, not sure why.

Defense and health are two different stats. Someone can have high health and no defense so they look tanky but when you hit them they take a crazy amount of damage per hit. Someone else can have high defense and high or moderate health, these are the real tanks that take no damage and may have huge health pools. It's hard for me to speak about alliance wars, I participate but haven't really formulated a strategy for them. I have ran into the problem of the front line being almost all tanks and we are just shut down at that moment. All I can say is activity and luck play a huge roll in success. It doesn't matter if your clan is 100 members if you constantly getting 3-5 people showing up for wars then your screwed. You can have a good turnout as far as members being active for your war but the actions just get dumped on buildings without the objectives so you still lose. Someone should start a thread about war strategies.
    What's next?