Fix Empty Buildings

HenkieHenkie Registered Users 57 Posts
The update had a drastically updated damage calculation algorithm, making the damage done much more realistic; looking at player offense/defense. However, the problem is that some Alliances in rank 6 (Letsgodrink, Invictus) made two buildings on their A line empty. Leaving one building open with always a VERY VERY strong defender that spent thousands of cash on the game. This defender is only beatable with our own players that spent tons of money. The other 95% of our Alliance can't do a thing and will slowy have to wait; sucking a lot of fun out of the game.

My suggestion is to force all three buildings on each column to contain at least 1/2 agents so people can't block the entire war.

Comments

• HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    I have reported your suggestion to the team.

However, there are specialization skills you can purchase and upgrade in game that allow you to attack past defenders or into other columns. the Spy "Surprise" skill is one such skill, allowing you to attack other structures in other columns.
  • HenkieHenkie Registered Users 57 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    I have reported your suggestion to the team.

However, there are specialization skills you can purchase and upgrade in game that allow you to attack past defenders or into other columns. the Spy "Surprise" skill is one such skill, allowing you to attack other structures in other columns.

Yes, I'm very much aware of that. You can either use Snipe or Surprise but that doesn't take away from the fact that this "Tank strategy" is a major buzz kill.

And both abilities come with a -30% damage penalty, the second level and 8000 spec. coins for -20% take a pretty long time. And I can't even imagine how expensive the next upgrade is, let alone how extremely long it will take to gather enough XP. (I've been playing pretty much every war since I started playing at the end of september and I'm only at 25.000xp; halfway through level 3.)
  • ValhallaValhalla Registered Users 55 Posts
    Henkie wrote: »
    Yes, I'm very much aware of that. You can either use Snipe or Surprise but that doesn't take away from the fact that this "Tank strategy" is a major buzz kill.

And both abilities come with a -30% damage penalty, the second level and 8000 spec. coins for -20% take a pretty long time. And I can't even imagine how expensive the next upgrade is, let alone how extremely long it will take to gather enough XP. (I've been playing pretty much every war since I started playing at the end of september and I'm only at 25.000xp; halfway through level 3.)

You're a lot further than me Henkie in spec class exp. I know a lot of others feel the same way about this and buzz kill is a great way to describe the reaction we feel. I'm not sure why we even need an objective system anyway, why not assign bldgs a point value and have the next bldg visible once the one in front of it is destroyed. Like if you destroy a3 you can see b3 or if you destroy a1 you can see b1 no objectives. Just like it is now if one teams demos all the bldgs of the other team first it's an instant victory.
    What's next?
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Henkie wrote: »

Very aware of this, and this was in fact already brought up in my reporting of this. But had to bring up the skills in this thread anyways in case other players read this and did not know of the skills abilities.