Unhappy with PVP

agent-markagent-mark Registered Users 10 Posts
I'm unhappy with a few aspects of the pvp implementation and am hoping this is the right place to express them.

1) I paid 125 crystals to find a target and was given a target which, if I win, will only yield 68 crystals. This is a bit of garbage, isn't it? To make matters even more fun, the target's stats greatly exceeded my own.

a) I feel that the reward from a pvp match should have a minimum which is at least some amount higher than what I had to pay to find the target. If the reward must be a direct relation to the crystals available on the target, targets that don't have enough crystals should simply be removed from the target pool.

b) I feel that the reward from a pvp match should not be directly tied to what the target has available. Rather, it should be based on that and also some multiplier (up or down) based on the relative strength the target has over the aggressor. Reward tough matches with more crystals.

2) I found a target via the revenge feature and was told the victory reward was 1,000 (approximately) crystals. I won the match and my reward was only 200 crystals. Simply not acceptable.

3) When I'm available as a pop target for others, some of my crystals should be protected. Like everyone else, we all have to sleep. It's a bit unreasonable in my opinion that if I go to sleep for 7 or so hours while I've got 5k crystals, I can wake up to having nothing and I see that I've been a punching bag for pvp'ers all night.

a) Perhaps a reasonable compromise, one I've seen in other games, is that when I am defeated in pvp in which I was the target, I am removed from the target pool for a few hours.

I realize that to implement these ideas would mean glu would have to get past their obvious "pay to win" cash grab - just a little. I feel that making these changes however would keep player interest for a longer time, and would pay off in the long run.

Comments

• NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    agent-mark wrote: »
    I'm unhappy with a few aspects of the pvp implementation and am hoping this is the right place to express them.
    1) I paid 125 crystals to find a target and was given a target which, if I win, will only yield 68 crystals. This is a bit of garbage, isn't it? To make matters even more fun, the target's stats greatly exceeded my own.

I'm with you on that but it can't happen otherwise.
    a) I feel that the reward from a pvp match should have a minimum which is at least some amount higher than what I had to pay to find the target. If the reward must be a direct relation to the crystals available on the target, targets that don't have enough crystals should simply be removed from the target pool.

You would then very soon & very often see the message: "Opponent not found"
    What you actually suggest cannot mathematically happen unless GLU drops the fees to 10 or 15 crystals instead of 125 to find a target. I see this highly unlikely...
    b) I feel that the reward from a pvp match should not be directly tied to what the target has available. Rather, it should be based on that and also some multiplier (up or down) based on the relative strength the target has over the aggressor. Reward tough matches with more crystals.

This is creating crystals out of the blue. Someone has to win and/or produce those crystals. Again highly unlikely...
    2) I found a target via the revenge feature and was told the victory reward was 1,000 (approximately) crystals. I won the match and my reward was only 200 crystals. Simply not acceptable.

Now this is something that MUST BE FIXED URGENTLY and thank you for bringing it up again.

3) When I'm available as a pop target for others, some of my crystals should be protected. Like everyone else, we all have to sleep. It's a bit unreasonable in my opinion that if I go to sleep for 7 or so hours while I've got 5k crystals, I can wake up to having nothing and I see that I've been a punching bag for pvp'ers all night.
    a) Perhaps a reasonable compromise, one I've seen in other games, is that when I am defeated in pvp in which I was the target, I am removed from the target pool for a few hours.

The situation you're describing is a built-in money making system of the game. We have to live with that (or not).
    The solution you suggest is excellent, just as it doesn't affect the availability of opponents when sb is paying his 125 to find one. You see the problem now? :)
    I realize that to implement these ideas would mean glu would have to get past their obvious "pay to win" cash grab - just a little. I feel that making these changes however would keep player interest for a longer time, and would pay off in the long run.

Totally agree.
    Cheers
    You will go where you look at...
    agent-mark wrote: »

I'm with you on that but it can't happen otherwise.

You would then very soon & very often see the message: "Opponent not found"
    What you actually suggest cannot mathematically happen unless GLU drops the fees to 10 or 15 crystals instead of 125 to find a target. I see this highly unlikely...

This is creating crystals out of the blue. Someone has to win and/or produce those crystals. Again highly unlikely...

Now this is something that MUST BE FIXED URGENTLY and thank you for bringing it up again.

The situation you're describing is a built-in money making system of the game. We have to live with that (or not).
    The solution you suggest is excellent, just as it doesn't affect the availability of opponents when sb is paying his 125 to find one. You see the problem now? :)

Totally agree.
    Cheers
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    What I really don't like about the cost of PVP is when you add up what you spend looking for a match that you can win.

I am currently at Level 23 and the cost progress in jumps of 55. So if you have the misfortune of drawing 4 max bases in a row, you are in a world of hurt.

It works out to be 55, 110, 165, 220, and 275, which equals to 825 diamonds.

At this point, all to many times the payout is now the who 68 crystals, for a net loss of 757 crystal. Very hard to overcome, especially if you are really lucky and it happens 2 or 3 times in a row.
    concerned wrote: »
    What I really don't like about the cost of PVP is when you add up what you spend looking for a match that you can win.

I am currently at Level 23 and the cost progress in jumps of 55. So if you have the misfortune of drawing 4 max bases in a row, you are in a world of hurt.

It works out to be 55, 110, 165, 220, and 275, which equals to 825 diamonds.

At this point, all to many times the payout is now the who 68 crystals, for a net loss of 757 crystal. Very hard to overcome, especially if you are really lucky and it happens 2 or 3 times in a row.

I'm on level. I don't want to disappoint you but this is how it works for me:
    125,250,375,500,620,745,870,995,1120,1240,1240,.... same as in CKS
    So by the 4th time you spin the wheel, you've already paid 1250, which as you know is really really hard to get back from a single PVP
  • bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    NK14 wrote: »
    I'm on level. I don't want to disappoint you but this is how it works for me:
    125,250,375,500,620,745,870,995,1120,1240,1240,.... same as in CKS
    So by the 4th time you spin the wheel, you've already paid 1250, which as you know is really really hard to get back from a single PVP

Completely agree!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand the concept of raising the ante to play, but when PvP awards are regularly less than 150, the cost to enter needs to be kept in line.