Glu Needs To Make Game Save From Old Device To New Device

Hacky SackHacky Sack Registered Users 2 Posts
Glu you need to listen to your customers and start to make it where you can log in with Facebook or Google to save your game progress so if device is lost, stolen or damaged a player can login from new device and have their saved game levels on new device.

Comments

• ThormorThormor Registered Users 8 Posts
    You know that's not easy to do right?
    On iOS, they will need a server to host your data. Apple does not provide any services for that. And a server being able to host that is not necessarily free... If the games works and they generate money they might look into it. It's all about a question of cost vs Reward.

Finally, "listen to your customers". Since it's a free game, they don't owe you much. Maybe you spent some dollars, but if the cost is way too high for the money they make, you can forget about it.
  • ErwalesteErwaleste Registered Users 3 Posts
    Thormor wrote: »
    You know that's not easy to do right?
    On iOS, they will need a server to host your data. Apple does not provide any services for that. And a server being able to host that is not necessarily free... If the games works and they generate money they might look into it. It's all about a question of cost vs Reward.

Finally, "listen to your customers". Since it's a free game, they don't owe you much. Maybe you spent some dollars, but if the cost is way too high for the money they make, you can forget about it.
    thank you for ur explanation.
    now I understand why some devs implement this
  • fathang2005fathang2005 Registered Users 2 Posts
    It's not a free game, people can use real cash to buy gold
    While you are playing there are some Ads that force you to watch for at least few second, how come it is completely free?
    who will spend money on a game that if you change your device all stats is gone? No one
  • ThormorThormor Registered Users 8 Posts
    Erwaleste wrote: »
    thank you for ur explanation.
    now I understand why some devs implement this
    My pleasure :)
    It's not a free game, people can use real cash to buy gold
    While you are playing there are some Ads that force you to watch for at least few second, how come it is completely free?
    who will spend money on a game that if you change your device all stats is gone? No one

It's free in the sense you don't pay to download it.
    The money they make from advertisement is minimal. It will not even cover their advertisement cost. Only 5% of Mobile/Tablet user will give money. The average money users spends is 2 to 5$ (in average).
    What I'm saying is, it's super hard to make a lot of money in a Mobile/Tablet game. Which is why you have to choose carefully on what to implement as features.

How do I know this? I spent 3 years making mobile games as a developper for a big studio.
  • agent-markagent-mark Registered Users 10 Posts
    Thormor wrote: »
    On iOS, they will need a server to host your data.
    Clearly they have a server. It holds all player data- if they didn't, how do you believe they provide you with pvp matches, complete with opponent stats.