(Specific) Ad complaint

agent-markagent-mark Registered Users 10 Posts
One of the "watch a video" ads for gold is problematic. There are (as far as I am aware) two Gateraid ads, a short one (about 30 seconds, maybe 15) and a long one (300 seconds... this is not a typo). The short one is fine, but the long one rewards 1 gold. One gold. ONE freakin' gold in return for 5 minutes of my time. The same reward received for short ads (hell, some short ads reward 2 gold).

This is unreasonable. Either yank the ad or convince Gateraid to pay based on the length of that thing.

Comments

• concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    agent-mark wrote: »
    One of the "watch a video" ads for gold is problematic. There are (as far as I am aware) two Gateraid ads, a short one (about 30 seconds, maybe 15) and a long one (300 seconds... this is not a typo). The short one is fine, but the long one rewards 1 gold. One gold. ONE freakin' gold in return for 5 minutes of my time. The same reward received for short ads (hell, some short ads reward 2 gold).

This is unreasonable. Either yank the ad or convince Gateraid to pay based on the length of that thing.

Since it has been determine that you need to periodically restart the app in order to prevent some of the game's problems for occurring, any time that the 5 min GatorAid ad pops up, take this opportunity to close and restart the app. I also have better things to do that waste my time for 5 minutes watching this ad.