HANDLES: Next update/content???

NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
Hi everyone

Dear Handles

7 weeks after the last serious content update, I wonder when we will see something new.
It's been too long since the last TIER 5 release.
On CKS we were complaining about how frequently GLU presented new TIER's.
On MIRN we will have the opposite situation?
Where is the balance point people?
OR is it that you won't be releasing anything new from now on?

Which reminds me of my friend 28Foxtrot (who got tired waiting for GLU to improve and quit I guess) who kept on asking since the very first days of MIRN...

Handles... before I spend any more money on this game, can you tell me if this game will be around for awhile or is this just a promotional thing? Am I better off just spending in CKS or will MIRN be around for awhile with regular updates and additions?

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?166752-Next-update-content&p=353121&viewfull=1#post353121
You will go where you look at...

Comments

• concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Base Tier 6 FOXTROT was released this morning. There is also a new region to play, The Nomads. Therefore, the player level cap should now be at 50.
  • NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    concerned wrote: »
    Base Tier 6 FOXTROT was released this morning. There is also a new region to play, The Nomads. Therefore, the player level cap should now be at 50.

If it wasn't for a "concerned" player like myself to complain, there would be no base 6 nor nomads! :)
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    NK14 wrote: »
    If it wasn't for a "concerned" player like myself to complain, there would be no base 6 nor nomads! :)

NK14, First, great to see you still playing. I wish I had your optimism that any moderator is paying attention to this or CKS. But with no post by handles in about a month, I think GLU has decided there's no need for moderator(s). My thoughts are that this forum is purely a placebo for players to "get it off their chest."

My guess is, when GLU sees that profits are starting to drop off, then they throw us a bone. Tier 5 was out for too long, and most everybody had upgraded it completely. They couldn't do a VIP that with higher powered weapons would completely make it without challenge.

None the less, keep it up, and I hope you did have something to do with it! Any activity on this sub-forum is helpful to build upcommon interest.
    try_again wrote: »
    NK14, First, great to see you still playing. I wish I had your optimism that any moderator is paying attention to this or CKS. But with no post by handles in about a month, I think GLU has decided there's no need for moderator(s). My thoughts are that this forum is purely a placebo for players to "get it off their chest."

My guess is, when GLU sees that profits are starting to drop off, then they throw us a bone. Tier 5 was out for too long, and most everybody had upgraded it completely. They couldn't do a VIP that with higher powered weapons would completely make it without challenge.

None the less, keep it up, and I hope you did have something to do with it! Any activity on this sub-forum is helpful to build upcommon interest.

Old buddy
    Old pal

Nice to see you too still striving with GLU.
    Truth is I still kill my time with MIRN.
    I haven't played CKS since late July but my team keeps me in (to raise their status I like to say to myself :-) ).
    I agree with what you said, as I'm sure your post reflects reality.
    I wanted to chip in by saying that I am not happy so far with this forum but I am quite happy with the game itself.
    We have finally come to see new (repainted of course) regions, different backgrounds, guns etc.
    We all know what we can get from the game and if we like it we stay tuned.

Anyway, nice talking to you again.
    If you're looking for a team, you know where to find me.
    Cheers
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    We actually have a set release plan set up well ahead of time. Though some times it does need adjusting do to complications with development and other factors.

Normally its once a month.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Handles, very wonderful to see you back, and making my predictions incorrect. I see you have many other games that you are taking care of, and appreciate it any time you can peek in here, or CKS which seems to be on a path to retirement.

And to NK14, I'm in an Amazon league - Minorthreat, which placed 1st again this week. Easier than iOS (and I'm sure much easier than Google Play), but if that was my game, I'd love to join you there. Your post on micromanagement is still very active, and Bradr is getting very close to maxing out his drone. But, to my point, thanks for starting this thread, and possibly having a hand in the outcome/kickstart that has occurred.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Old buddy
    Old pal

Nice to see you too still striving with GLU.
    Truth is I still kill my time with MIRN.
    I haven't played CKS since late July but my team keeps me in (to raise their status I like to say to myself :-) ).
    I agree with what you said, as I'm sure your post reflects reality.
    I wanted to chip in by saying that I am not happy so far with this forum but I am quite happy with the game itself.
    We have finally come to see new (repainted of course) regions, different backgrounds, guns etc.
    We all know what we can get from the game and if we like it we stay tuned.

Anyway, nice talking to you again.
    If you're looking for a team, you know where to find me.
    Cheers

Dude !!! Where have you been? I missed you ... LMAO
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Dude !!! Where have you been? I missed you ... LMAO

Hey Scorpion

Same old same old
    Once you're GLU'd, you can't get out of it.
    You know how it works ;-)
    I drop by CKS forum probably twice a month and check on you guys HEHE!
    I see you're doing great and don't mean to quit no matter what. Good on you.
    My regards to Bradr by the way

Are you on MIRN yet?
    Cheers
    try_again wrote: »
    Handles, very wonderful to see you back, and making my predictions incorrect. I see you have many other games that you are taking care of, and appreciate it any time you can peek in here, or CKS which seems to be on a path to retirement.

And to NK14, I'm in an Amazon league - Minorthreat, which placed 1st again this week. Easier than iOS (and I'm sure much easier than Google Play), but if that was my game, I'd love to join you there. Your post on micromanagement is still very active, and Bradr is getting very close to maxing out his drone. But, to my point, thanks for starting this thread, and possibly having a hand in the outcome/kickstart that has occurred.

Handles, I agree with try_again, nice to see you again. Don't be a stranger and thanks for the update.

Try_again, thanks for your credits. Right back at ya! Your contribution in GLU forums is always valuable for those who know.

PS. I couldn't believe that bradr and Scorpion are still working seriously on my micromanagement post. Off course now they're talking about millions of gems and not the thousands I was helping them to save up.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Hey Scorpion

Same old same old
    Once you're GLU'd, you can't get out of it.
    You know how it works ;-)
    I drop by CKS forum probably twice a month and check on you guys HEHE!
    I see you're doing great and don't mean to quit no matter what. Good on you.
    My regards to Bradr by the way

Are you on MIRN yet?
    Cheers

How we're doing is a relative sort of thing. I would never say I'm doing "great" BUT I've taken everything GLU has thrown my way and ...
    ... I"M STILL ALIVE !!!

Survival 101: Avoid as much interaction with the host that is humanly possible; since HANDLES has deserted us, he's made that somewhat easier, though I do miss his updates ... now we just sort of stumble around in the dark; a night vision scope would be nice.

Actually, a night battle would be an interesting touch ... just flip it negative LOL

I've been on MIRN since it was released; problem is I never actually play.

LMAO
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION