PVP Game Strategy (at early stages) playing on IOS

NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
After a week of playing the game, I can now safely say it's a clone of Contract Killer Sniper.
There are a few things different here and there (aesthetics mainly) but 95% of it, it's the same.

The only genuinely new things are the stealth quests and the fact that having the drones from day 1 is a game changer. I've noticed that the drone is not just a follower but in many cases the leader of the gang.
Healing, bombing, suppressing opponents down, scouting, shielding etc is for me what Scottie Pippen was for the Bulls!

PVP is the heart of the game. The sooner we get it, the better.
In order to be successful in PVP we need a few things.
1) Crystals: Therefore we always should (A) upgrade base economy first and (B) play PVP! It is very very expensive at early stages so those revenges might come in handy now.
2) Health: Upgrade player health right after economy and play the quests/contracts in order to level up and gain health points (plus some golds, OK)
3) A decent drone: At least for now, 3rd thing to upgrade is my drone (until power 800 & 1000 to equip the drone parts)
4) Getting the "right" opponent in PVP: The match making system is "probably" based on weapon power and base power. Therefore you don't want to have weapons way above your base or else you'll get paired with superior opponents. FOR NOW, , with TIER 4 being the max you can get, I'm sure I'm OK with my weapons being lower rated than my base and drone.
5) Have the right weaponry: Weapons is more or less an one way street. The game leads your way with weapons, so just follow it. Always remember point #4 though.
6) Have the right equipment: Medkits are something you really want to have ONLY IN THE CASE where the prize (ie crystals) is worth it. If you're seconds before you're dirt and the prize is significant, use the medkit. If not, don't.
7) Deep pockets! Who cares about strategy if you have deep pockets, right? I don't so if you do not also, I hope it was helpful.

See you around.
You will go where you look at...
Prev1

Comments

• Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Again NK a great and helpful contribution to this forum. I'm sure this will help others in this game that may not have played CKS. Also your observations on the drone is spot on!

Thanks again for your insight.
  • 28FOXTROT28FOXTROT Registered Users 49 Posts
    NK14 wrote: »
    4) Getting the "right" opponent in PVP: The match making system is "probably" based on weapon power and base power. Therefore you don't want to have weapons way above your base or else you'll get paired with superior opponents. FOR NOW, , with TIER 4 being the max you can get, I'm sure I'm OK with my weapons being lower rated than my base and drone.

I would have to agree with this... I also believe that opponents are based on weapon power. I have pretty high powered weapons right now and I get matched up quite frequently against maxed out HQ's with maxed out drones. I have Tier 4 maxed health and I can tell you, even with my high powered weapons, that I cannot consistently take down an opponent with a maxed out drone. The cost to find a new opponent is crazy high compared to the crystals I receive right now, so what was quoted above may be the most underrated, yet best, piece of advice for now.

Hopefully GLU makes an adjustment and doesn't continue to throw maxed out drones our way
  • NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    28FOXTROT wrote: »
    I would have to agree with this... I also believe that opponents are based on weapon power. I have pretty high powered weapons right now and I get matched up quite frequently against maxed out HQ's with maxed out drones. I have Tier 4 maxed health and I can tell you, even with my high powered weapons, that I cannot consistently take down an opponent with a maxed out drone. The cost to find a new opponent is crazy high compared to the crystals I receive right now, so what was quoted above may be the most underrated, yet best, piece of advice for now.

Hopefully GLU makes an adjustment and doesn't continue to throw maxed out drones our way

Thanks Foxtrot/Thanks Joe
    Foxtrot, can you elaborate a bit please?

Just for argument's shake, your stats are:
    1) Base Power 1440
    2) Drone Power 1420
    3) Primary Short Weapon Power 1440
    4) Primary Long Weapon Power 936
    5) Secondary Short Weapon Power 1932
    6) Secondary Long Weapon Power 1086

What's the matchups you get?

1) Base Power?
    2) Drone Power?

PS. Do you see higher than 1000 powered drone parts?
  • 28FOXTROT28FOXTROT Registered Users 49 Posts
    I only see one drone part that is higher than 1000 right now... it's 1440 Machine gun that can be won in the Mystery Box.

As far as the matchups, it's a 50/50 chance that i'm matched up against a bot with Base Power of 1440 and Drone Power of 5760. How do I know it's a bot? Glad you asked! These 'players' generally have < 10 CP.

The rest of the time, Base Power and Drone Power vary based on actual players stats

Edit: This game is bound and determined to make a liar out of me... I just played about 10 matches straight where the first person they matched me up with was a 'good' matchup and not a full tier/full drone matchup... go figure
  • MEx3MEx3 Registered Users 13 Posts
    Playing on Android...

So today it seems that I have started to get constant match ups of my guns power = to opponents base power rounded up. For example my gun power earlier today was 428 and was getting 430 base opponents their drones always match my drones power. I have upgraded since then and now I'm at 468 and opponent base power is 470. Checking back in the profiles from the battle log these opponents say "player info not available" with all stats *** out, obviously bots. So my conclusion is that GLU actually figured out how to generate bots on the fly comparable to you. In fact one particular bot "Skinnyman" I played twice today, once at 428 vs 430 and next time at 468 vs 470. Pretty sweet!!
    28FOXTROT wrote: »
    I only see one drone part that is higher than 1000 right now... it's 1440 Machine gun that can be won in the Mystery Box.

As far as the matchups, it's a 50/50 chance that i'm matched up against a bot with Base Power of 1440 and Drone Power of 5760. How do I know it's a bot? Glad you asked! These 'players' generally have < 10 CP.

The rest of the time, Base Power and Drone Power vary based on actual players stats

Edit: This game is bound and determined to make a liar out of me... I just played about 10 matches straight where the first person they matched me up with was a 'good' matchup and not a full tier/full drone matchup... go figure

I keep wondering what parts are the 5760 drones equipped with.
    It cannot just be 1440 machine gun or rocket launcher since the difference they make in battle is huge and wouldn't justify a relatively small leap from 1000 to 1440.
    Thanks for that 28foxtrot.
    MEx3 wrote: »
    Playing on Android...

So today it seems that I have started to get constant match ups of my guns power = to opponents base power rounded up. For example my gun power earlier today was 428 and was getting 430 base opponents their drones always match my drones power. I have upgraded since then and now I'm at 468 and opponent base power is 470. Checking back in the profiles from the battle log these opponents say "player info not available" with all stats *** out, obviously bots. So my conclusion is that GLU actually figured out how to generate bots on the fly comparable to you. In fact one particular bot "Skinnyman" I played twice today, once at 428 vs 430 and next time at 468 vs 470. Pretty sweet!!

MEx3, thank you for the valuable input.
    I will just grab the chance to stress out that the importance of building up your base economy and health is written all over your post, if someone can read between the lines. The fact that GLU matches up the attacker's gun power with the defendant's base power, leads us to conclude the following:
    WHEN ATTACKING
    1) Increasing our base power does not (always for the time being) lead to getting matched up with bigger defenses
    2) Increasing our base power gives us more crystals and more player health, thus increasing our chances to win in PVP
    WHEN DEFENDING
    1) Increasing our base power by definition improves (or at least it should) our chances when defending BUT ALSO
    2) Increasing our base power "attracts" higher attackers

Therefore it is again safe to say that the game is all about PVP and getting to win those match-ups.
    OR in other words...
    attack is the best defense!

Cheers
  • bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    MEx3, thank you for the valuable input.
    I will just grab the chance to stress out that the importance of building up your base economy and health is written all over your post, if someone can read between the lines. The fact that GLU matches up the attacker's gun power with the defendant's base power, leads us to conclude the following:
    WHEN ATTACKING
    1) Increasing our base power does not (always for the time being) lead to getting matched up with bigger defenses
    2) Increasing our base power gives us more crystals and more player health, thus increasing our chances to win in PVP
    WHEN DEFENDING
    1) Increasing our base power by definition improves (or at least it should) our chances when defending BUT ALSO
    2) Increasing our base power "attracts" higher attackers

Therefore it is again safe to say that the game is all about PVP and getting to win those match-ups.
    OR in other words...
    attack is the best defense!

Cheers

Maybe redundant, but my observations which started in CKS and seem to apply here are on weapon power...

In MIRN, I've been very slow at upgrading my weapon power (lesson learned from CKS). I still have 228 powered weapons and have been getting very favourable (yes, I'm Canadian) PvP matchups. The payouts aren't great, but it's letting me beef up my drone and base... and my win streak has me in the top 50 of the global event...

I have found that the PvP matchups you gain are solely based on the weapon power you have. I proved this out on a 2nd device where I bought 400 power weapons as soon as I reached level 17. The result was that I immediately got 400+ level matchups, but since my base/health was behind the weapon power, I was roasted in the matchups.

So, if you have the patience, I'd suggest staying with the lower powered weapons while you improve the base/drone to help you along....
    bajancat wrote: »
    Maybe redundant, but my observations which started in CKS and seem to apply here are on weapon power...

In MIRN, I've been very slow at upgrading my weapon power (lesson learned from CKS). I still have 228 powered weapons and have been getting very favourable (yes, I'm Canadian) PvP matchups. The payouts aren't great, but it's letting me beef up my drone and base... and my win streak has me in the top 50 of the global event...

I have found that the PvP matchups you gain are solely based on the weapon power you have. I proved this out on a 2nd device where I bought 400 power weapons as soon as I reached level 17. The result was that I immediately got 400+ level matchups, but since my base/health was behind the weapon power, I was roasted in the matchups.

So, if you have the patience, I'd suggest staying with the lower powered weapons while you improve the base/drone to help you along....

I would dare to say that at early stages of MIRN, your suggestion is even more effective and efficient!
    As explained in my initial post, base first, then drones then weapons.
    It's hard to retain oneself but it works!
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Thanks Foxtrot/Thanks Joe
    Foxtrot, can you elaborate a bit please?

Just for argument's shake, your stats are:
    1) Base Power 1440
    2) Drone Power 1420
    3) Primary Short Weapon Power 1440
    4) Primary Long Weapon Power 936
    5) Secondary Short Weapon Power 1932
    6) Secondary Long Weapon Power 1086

1) Base Power?
    2) Drone Power?

PS. Do you see higher than 1000 powered drone parts?

I have just recently started playing, but here are my results

1) Base Power 292
    2) Drone Power 266
    3) Primary Short Weapon Power 216
    4) Primary Long Weapon Power 208
    5) Secondary Short Weapon Power 483
    6) Secondary Long Weapon Power 456

1) Base Power? 262 - 410
    2) Drone Power? 216 - 434
    concerned wrote: »
    I have just recently started playing, but here are my results

1) Base Power 292
    2) Drone Power 266
    3) Primary Short Weapon Power 216
    4) Primary Long Weapon Power 208
    5) Secondary Short Weapon Power 483
    6) Secondary Long Weapon Power 456

1) Base Power? 262 - 410
    2) Drone Power? 216 - 434

The match-ups you get make perfect sense.
    One other thing I've noticed is that with the increasing number of players and the advancing bases, the payouts are getting a bit better but we've still got a long way to go.
    Update on strategy:

Well, I used the strategy listed above and kept my weapons partially updated (228 for both primary's) while I upgraded my drone and base. The result was that I Always was given a matchup I could win. This is the first time that I've been able to go undefeated for an entire Global event!!!!

My 193 win streak gave me 17th spot and the new short weapon.

So, my first PvP today, with the new weapon in my inventory, but not even equipped was Lv 4 without a hope of winning. I now need to go through 3-6 opponents before I am presented with one I stand a chance of winning.

Just wanted to share my experience that reinforces the thoughts here:
    1. base economy
    2. base/player health
    3. drone
    4. repeat :)
    Update on strategy:

Well, I used the strategy listed above and kept my weapons partially updated (228 for both primary's) while I upgraded my drone and base. The result was that I Always was given a matchup I could win. This is the first time that I've been able to go undefeated for an entire Global event!!!!

My 193 win streak gave me 17th spot and the new short weapon.

So, my first PvP today, with the new weapon in my inventory, but not even equipped was Lv 4 without a hope of winning. I now need to go through 3-6 opponents before I am presented with one I stand a chance of winning.

Just wanted to share my experience that reinforces the thoughts here:
    1. base economy
    2. base/player health
    3. drone
    4. repeat :)

I'm facing the same thing now.
    Having fully upgraded my base and a 1530 drone, I thought I should craft my new TREPAN and start building it up. I thought that the difference between the TREPAN (1032 power currently) and the BONESHAW (936 power currently) is minor so it wouldn't make much of a difference. Alas. I now only get matched up with 1440 bases and if I'm lucky their drone will be only 1400 powered. Obviously I cannot save up money now, as PVP selection is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE!
    So watch out people or else you'll end up like me and my buddy bajancat :-(

PS. So now what? I guess I'll get back to building up my drone...
    I'm facing the same thing now.
    Having fully upgraded my base and a 1530 drone, I thought I should craft my new TREPAN and start building it up. I thought that the difference between the TREPAN (1032 power currently) and the BONESHAW (936 power currently) is minor so it wouldn't make much of a difference. Alas. I now only get matched up with 1440 bases and if I'm lucky their drone will be only 1400 powered. Obviously I cannot save up money now, as PVP selection is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE!
    So watch out people or else you'll end up like me and my buddy bajancat :-(

PS. So now what? I guess I'll get back to building up my drone...

I'm now further stumped...

PvP selection cost is tied to your player level. I hit level 23 and the cost went up. 55 GOLD for 1st choice, 110 for 2nd....

During the League event yesterday, I was able to complete my base, so now I'm level 4 base. I upgraded drone weapons to a set of 800 power weapons, now I can't find any PvP's that I can win. If I can't win battles, I can't upgrade weapons or base, so now I'm a victim of my own 'success'...

GLU Bots seem to mirror your own profile, plus a small uplift. So, by upgrading the drone weapons, I've made the Bots too good to beat.

I may try downgrading the drone weapons to see if that helps... we'll see.
    I'm now further stumped...

PvP selection cost is tied to your player level. I hit level 23 and the cost went up. 55 GOLD for 1st choice, 110 for 2nd....

During the League event yesterday, I was able to complete my base, so now I'm level 4 base. I upgraded drone weapons to a set of 800 power weapons, now I can't find any PvP's that I can win. If I can't win battles, I can't upgrade weapons or base, so now I'm a victim of my own 'success'...

GLU Bots seem to mirror your own profile, plus a small uplift. So, by upgrading the drone weapons, I've made the Bots too good to beat.

I may try downgrading the drone weapons to see if that helps... we'll see.

1. Now this is odd. What's your gun power?
    2. Downgrading your drone weapons would probably not work since you're paired based on drone power and you cannot downgrade your drone.
    1. Now this is odd. What's your gun power?
    2. Downgrading your drone weapons would probably not work since you're paired based on drone power and you cannot downgrade your drone.

I agree - it didn't make sense. I just played 3 PvP's and was able to get decent matchups, so maybe it was just a bit of a fluke... I've also noticed that the matchups I've been getting on CKS are showing a new pattern. So, maybe the hamsters running the wheels in the background have 'tweaked' the algorithm...

Cobra - 468
    Trepan - 1048
    Drone - 840 with 800 attachments

I'm crawling up to 5500 gems, so need to decide if I upgrade the Cobra or Base Economy when/if I get there...
    I agree - it didn't make sense. I just played 3 PvP's and was able to get decent matchups, so maybe it was just a bit of a fluke... I've also noticed that the matchups I've been getting on CKS are showing a new pattern. So, maybe the hamsters running the wheels in the background have 'tweaked' the algorithm...

OK, it's back to making sense until it doesn't!
    Cobra - 468
    Trepan - 1048
    Drone - 840 with 800 attachments

Maybe you should try wrapping up region VIENNA and get the Longsword Sniper Riffle for in-game cash. This would balance your weaponry.
    I'm crawling up to 5500 gems, so need to decide if I upgrade the Cobra or Base Economy when/if I get there...
    I'll just quote you...
    "Just wanted to share my experience that reinforces the thoughts here:
    1. base economy
    2. base/player health
    3. drone
    4. repeat "

I guess you got your answer.
    OK, it's back to making sense until it doesn't!

I guess you got your answer.

well played my friend!

I didn't realize that Longsword could be got for funny money......... I'll work on that and appreciate the tip!
    well played my friend!

I didn't realize that Longsword could be got for funny money......... I'll work on that and appreciate the tip!

No worries.
    You'll owe me one... ;)
    No worries.
    You'll owe me one... ;)

I just re-watched the godfather series... I guess we're dealing in 'favours' now... :)
    I just re-watched the godfather series... I guess we're dealing in 'favours' now... :)

There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me:"Keep your friends close but your enemies closer"
    The Godfather Part II :)
    There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me:"Keep your friends close but your enemies closer"
    The Godfather Part II :)

And with respect to GLU technical difficulties....

"Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in!"

The Godfather Part III :)
    Did you get your new guns bajancat?
    Did you get your new guns bajancat?

Thanks for asking - still chipping away... Still need 1 more gem upgrade for my sniper before I can clear the mission zone. I figure with the competition today, I should be good to go. Oddly, when I started the competitions today, it looked like there are more playing MIRN than CKS on droid so far....
    Oddly, when I started the competitions today, it looked like there are more playing MIRN than CKS on droid so far....
    ...and this is only the begining
    ...and this is only the begining

Still pretty reasonable. Not sure I'll make the top 30 this week (entertaining company), but a top 90 will give me a great shot at the parts needed even if there's only 2 league days.
    Have you guys noticed that payouts are getting better (especially vs bots) when our drones and weapons are upgraded?
    Have you guys noticed that payouts are getting better (especially vs bots) when our drones and weapons are upgraded?

Yes, bot payout is usually the only ones 'worthwhile'.... BUT, I think that their drone weapon power matches mine and at 800+ that makes it tricky to win without a medkit... but that's just me...
    Yes, bot payout is usually the only ones 'worthwhile'.... BUT, I think that their drone weapon power matches mine and at 800+ that makes it tricky to win without a medkit... but that's just me...

OH, and I'm still noticing a lot of different awards vs what's shown in the PvP preview with real players. BOTs seem to pay out what's shown, but real players often don't... likely a timing thing with multiple attacks happening at once, but it's still VERY frustrating...
    OH, and I'm still noticing a lot of different awards vs what's shown in the PvP preview with real players. BOTs seem to pay out what's shown, but real players often don't... likely a timing thing with multiple attacks happening at once, but it's still VERY frustrating...

It's that and also the fact that noone knows for sure if we're playing for 2 or 3 days in silver league.