A Word of Warning. Do Not Load IOS 9 on an iPad 2

concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
If you are playing MIRN on an iPad2, I would suggest that you do not upgrade to IOS 9.

For me it has slowed my iPad 2 down and has made MIRN practically unplayable.

I am experiencing constant game crashes now. In fact, at one point in last night's global, out of 20 battles, the game crashed 10 times. The crashes occurred either while trying to load the battle or else right in the middle of the battle. Most of the time it is during the loading.

Before the upgrade, I was experiencing a game crash maybe every 30 or 40 battles.

Right now I play CKS and MIRN side by side on 2 different iPads. To give an idea how bad things are here are my results.

CKS
Rank 183
Win Streak 196
Losses 0
Victory Points 4810

MIRN
Rank 465
Win Streak 33
Losses 34
Combat Points 2619

Usually the difference in points is only 1-200 points and usually I will be ranked higher in MIRN than in CKS. As you can see, this time there is a difference of 1191 points, all because of the game crashing resulting in a loss.

Thankfully, because of Amsoft and Brad's CKS TOOBAD strategy, the iPad 2 was not thrown thru a window.

Comments

• concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    As an update, out of the last 40 battles that I have fought, I have experienced 14 game crashes, about 35% of the time.
  • SlummerSlummer Registered Users 70 Posts
    Sorry to hear.

I updated to iOS 9 on an iPad Air2 and my game performance has actually improved.
    Slummer wrote: »
    Sorry to hear.

I updated to iOS 9 on an iPad Air2 and my game performance has actually improved.

You have an A8X chip with 64-bit architecture, the iPad 2 only has an A5 dual core chip.

IOS 9 was designed for upper end iPads.

My iPad 2 just can not handle it, unfortunately. It is not the IOS in this case, it is the equipment.
    concerned wrote: »
    You have an A8X chip with 64-bit architecture, the iPad 2 only has an A5 dual core chip.

IOS 9 was designed for upper end iPads.

My iPad 2 just can not handle it, unfortunately. It is not the IOS in this case, it is the equipment.

I am waiting for an iPad Mini 3 to be delivered, today. I will updated with my findings after I make the iPad switches.