Options

Unusual Prize Mixing in Globals?

try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
Just a comment about the last Global and the current event. We had a 5.5x heavy and 6x (or was it 6.5?) assault last week, and now a 6.5x tesla and 6.5x heavy this week.

Last week, I had to work to loose points for the heavy top prize, I was unsuccessful and ended up with the top prize.

This week, I will have to be careful to stay in the top 10 to get the tesla. I have two 6.5x heavies now and no need of third.

I'm scratching my head at this unusual prize structure, and the purpose of trying to match what's offered with what I want?

It just seems more competitive to have similar weapon types, one with better specs for 1-10 place, and a lesser spec one for 11 on up like before.

Comments

• Options
    bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    Just a comment about the last Global and the current event. We had a 5.5x heavy and 6x (or was it 6.5?) assault last week, and now a 6.5x tesla and 6.5x heavy this week.

Last week, I had to work to loose points for the heavy top prize, I was unsuccessful and ended up with the top prize.

This week, I will have to be careful to stay in the top 10 to get the tesla. I have two 6.5x heavies now and no need of third.

I'm scratching my head at this unusual prize structure, and the purpose of trying to match what's offered with what I want?

It just seems more competitive to have similar weapon types, one with better specs for 1-10 place, and a lesser spec one for 11 on up like before.

I couldn't agree more! Personally, I've had GLU Glitches in each of the last two 'gauss events', so I was looking forward to finally getting one here. Now I see this stupid prize structure! And to make matters worse, the VIP event prizes are also useless - over a month old - so I guess they're tying to get people to spend into the 'super vip' race. Only the players with gold work-arounds or more money than brains will compete...

Hopefully the prize structure is a mistake and it gets updated... with the emphasis on HOPE...
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    bajancat wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more! Personally, I've had GLU Glitches in each of the last two 'gauss events', so I was looking forward to finally getting one here. Now I see this stupid prize structure! And to make matters worse, the VIP event prizes are also useless - over a month old - so I guess they're tying to get people to spend into the 'super vip' race. Only the players with gold work-arounds or more money than brains will compete...

Hopefully the prize structure is a mistake and it gets updated... with the emphasis on HOPE...

What was hilarious to me was last week, when I was in the top 10 and saw the stupidity of getting a less powerful weapon for a different class one, it was like everyone else saw it too, and stopped playing! No one wanted to cross the rank 11 to 10 threshold, and no one could drop below that either. I became the musical chairs victim.

But repeating this mix-mash is quickly loosing it's amszement. When we had a weapon class progression going you could plan for your effort. Now, it's a toss up.

Good luck winning this gauss, looks like it will be a hotly contested win!
  • Options
    bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    What was hilarious to me was last week, when I was in the top 10 and saw the stupidity of getting a less powerful weapon for a different class one, it was like everyone else saw it too, and stopped playing! No one wanted to cross the rank 11 to 10 threshold, and no one could drop below that either. I became the musical chairs victim.

But repeating this mix-mash is quickly loosing it's amszement. When we had a weapon class progression going you could plan for your effort. Now, it's a toss up.

Good luck winning this gauss, looks like it will be a hotly contested win!

Thanks - I'm not holding my breath, but will see how it goes...

btw, any idea what the super VIP awards are? (not that I have 7K in gold to spend..., just curious)

Oh, are you IOS or Android?