HANDLES: Complaint on weapon name

bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
HANDLES:

The main weapon prize for this past global event was, to me, an offensive choice. Why would GLU choose a name that is a derogatory term for a race of people?

Someone needs to go on sensitivity training and that weapon needs to be renamed!!!

Comments

• HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    The word gaijin is not a derogatory term to any race. It is simply a Japanese word that means "Outside Person" or "Foreigner". While not politically correct to some it isn't actually an offensive word.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Thanks for the clarification, Handles. Always good to Google before you make judgement.

Please, lets not get into the Politically Correct rabit hole on this game!

Remember the main function ot this game is killing and stealing data crystals. That most asuredly is an offensive idea for real life, but this is a game! And as to missions in countries like Oman, and maybe other named geographical areas, the player is the one going around taking out everyone in his path.

Let's try to keep a willing suspensions of disbelief, and the game will be more enjoyable. And as a side note, MIRN was IMO one of Tom Cruz's best films to date - quite thrilling.

Just don't confuse it with your real life, there is too much craziness there to tollerate now.
  • bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    Although I appreciate the response, my point remains. Yes, this is a game, but it's a game with a global reach. Having been to Japan, that term technically means outsider, but it is far from flattering and only applies to certain races.

Given all of the potential names or themes Glu could have chosen, it is disappointing that you went in this direction.

Silence is acceptance and this line of thinking should not be considered acceptable.