01 March 2016 Server Maintenance

concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
I woke up to the following pop up screen.

2iqnzph.png

Let's hope that this update includes ALL of the game improvements that have been released in the last 6 months, for CKS.

Specifically, I am referring to the Gold Spend confirmation button, the optimization of the access to the Drone parts, and finally, fore me anyway, the memory optimization that was released last week.

Also, I still have not forgetten about all of the free gold, equipment and game cash that was not awarded to players during the last major game screwup, during Christmas.

Fortunately, for me, I am not trying to win any weapon parts this week, here is hoping that for those of you who are, that this maintenance goes smoothly and the game is back up quickly but this is GLU, that we are talking about.

Comments

• try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Thanks again for being the watchman on the wall, concerned. And just as in CKS, looks like Androids will be a day late, or so.

And let's hope they don't pile on the Facebook, and Clan Wars c*rap! Or that players get locked out after update.

I guess it started at midnight your time, so please update when the release hits with any juicy details if you can!

I could have a second win today for the Gauss, so this intel could mean a very nice prize in my future - waiting with baited breath! Let me know if it's a version upgrade requiring iTunes store download.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    Thanks again for being the watchman on the wall, concerned. And just as in CKS, looks like Androids will be a day late, or so.

And let's hope they don't pile on the Facebook, and Clan Wars c*rap! Or that players get locked out after update.

I guess it started at midnight your time, so please update when the release hits with any juicy details if you can!

I could have a second win today for the Gauss, so this intel could mean a very nice prize in my future - waiting with baited breath! Let me know if it's a version upgrade requiring iTunes store download.

They released the same update in the App Store just as they did for CKS.

They have the same update notes listed, just like the CKS update.

Once the update is finished downloading I will post what changes I find.

Well, so far the game will update in the App Store, but it will not launch. I get as far as loading configs 4%' the the game freezes.

Finally the Internet connection error pops up. It says Connot Connect to Server One of GLUs bul*sh*t error messages. CKS launches just fine on either iPad and MIRN will not. Typical GLU, LOL.
    Typical Beta software cluster -. I'd say I'm not believing this, but as you say, we know GLU!

I assume when you say the same update, it's all BUT the Clan Wars scheduling, ie Memory and various bug fixes...

Can you delete just the game and not data to re-install? Or would you have to rely on your cloud backup for data?
  • SlummerSlummer Registered Users 70 Posts
    Since Server Maintenance I cannot access Mission Section. Missions do not show and freezes the game!!
    Typical Beta software cluster -. I'd say I'm not believing this, but as you say, we know GLU!

I assume when you say the same update, it's all BUT the Clan Wars scheduling, ie Memory and various bug fixes...

Can you delete just the game and not data to re-install? Or would you have to rely on your cloud backup for data?

So far what I have seen posted by Agency members, GLU has duplicated all of the CKS upgrades, except for, thank god, there is NO Clan Wars. They fixed the weapon part list down to the 2 pages that we see in CKS. They supposedly did the memory optimization.

As far as deleting the game, it deletes everything and the game will start just fine with a brand new character.

When I do the restore, then the game reverts to crashing while Loading Configs 4%. It crashes at the same point on both of my iPads that were able to load MIRN, last night.

I have an email into Customer Care, right now.

We will see how long it takes.

Also, one major screw up that Agency members are reporting is instead of being Level 110, they are back to Level 100.
    Thanks very much for the information. Just took screen shots of the home page to show Level and Tier power just in case.

I've got 2 more squares to fill out, would hate to go back to Tier 11! I think I have enough missions to get back to level 110, but just the waste of time to do so, well... Shouldn't even complain since your dead in the water!

The thought of being completely at the mercy of Glu's Customer Care sends chills down my spine. I wish you the best of luck, my friend. The fact that you've given Glu some cash should motivate a speedy response.
    Thanks very much for the information. Just took screen shots of the home page to show Level and Tier power just in case.

I've got 2 more squares to fill out, would hate to go back to Tier 11! I think I have enough missions to get back to level 110, but just the waste of time to do so, well... Shouldn't even complain since your dead in the water!

The thought of being completely at the mercy of Glu's Customer Care sends chills down my spine. I wish you the best of luck, my friend. The fact that you've given Glu some cash should motivate a speedy response.

So far what I have figured out with a lot help from others, it appears that it is primarily affecting those of us that had max our player levels. In a chat app that my agency is using, one of our lower level player was able to post our agency roster. It shows all of us who were level 110, before the update as being level 100. It does show the correct total of CP points.

Because our level is messed up, none of us are able to login. Also, if anybody clicks on our name, they are unable to access our information.

I had upgraded my base to around 55%. Base Economy and Player Health was maxed, and I had just started on my Sentries and Agent upgrades.
    Good deduction, your data of Level and maybe Tier strength doesn't match Glu's, so program sticks on configs.

I'm sitting at 3 hours 15 minutes into 3rd league day, no update so far. This could be a sign that CKS HQ has read your message and is holding off our update to fix Apple's, or, like last week's update for Android, the IT dept started over 5 hours latter to begin our update.

What's the chat program you have for your Agency? That's a great idea to stay in touch with the destructive nature of GLU's programming! Probably doesn't have a port for Android, but I'll check.

I'll put in some edits to this post of times to keep you apprised of any server maintenance on our side.

EDIT: It's now 5 hours 20 minutes into the Silver League and no update. CKS did it at 5 hours 35 minutes.

Now 9 hours. Starting to look good for Androids, and possibly they have decided to fix Apple first before rolling out this disaster to all.

Final edit: After not having an update for 12 hours, I think concerned and the players that contacted Customer Cares have woken them up to the problem, and they are hopefully now fixing the update. Once again, I thank the iOS guinea pigs, shame some of them get put into comas all at the whim of glu's programming geniuses.
  • SlummerSlummer Registered Users 70 Posts
    Since Server Maintenance on iOS I cannot access the Mission section of MIRN and when trying it locks the game up. Also, appear to be stuck at Level 100 as well since Server Maintenance.
    It took 24 Hours for the Dev Team to fix the problem, but it looks like it has been fixed. I have been able to log in and all of my stats appear to be correct.

Of course, so far I have had any communication from CC. Not that I really expected any from them.
    Dude! You had me near heart attack for a couple minutes. Thought Androids were just condemned to purgatory, now just waiting 8 or so hours.

Time to relax...
    Sorry for the delay in posting the update. But I was able to go and do something that was a lot more enjoyable. My grand daughter was playing in a High School Lacrosse game.

I wanted to verify that the update fixed the problems before I posted anything. So what I can report, now, is they have FINALLY incorporated all of the CKS improvements into MIRN. The only things that we are missing are the Gold Confirmation Toggle and the Mute Button for Global Chat.

Other than that, we now have everything else. The big ones are we now have the drone parts all listed on the 2 pages, it takes seconds for the drone upgrade screens to come up, and the performance, at least for me, is greatly improved.

Now if they would only fix the Short Range Battles. Either increase the power of the weapons or stop giving us Bots with max level stats. I am fight only Long Range Gauss battles and passing on all Short Range battles, unless they happen to be a RL player. It takes too many medkits right now to survive a Short Range battle.
  • bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    Dude! You had me near heart attack for a couple minutes. Thought Androids were just condemned to purgatory, now just waiting 8 or so hours.

Time to relax...

I'm on android and still get the Maintenance screen... no global event yet.

Is that consistent with what everyone else is seeing?
    bajancat wrote: »
    I'm on android and still get the Maintenance screen... no global event yet.

Is that consistent with what everyone else is seeing?

Yes it is. And I assume you are a Google Play version. I am Amazon Store version and we usually track fairly close, please raise a flag and let us know when your servers are up, I'll do likewise.

I'd like to paraphrase concerned's comment for emphasis, IF WE ONLY HAD SOME COMUNICATION FROM GLU on updates, when servers are restarted, when problems are acknowledged, maybe even a statement of "Hi" would be nice to know the wizard behind the curtain exists.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    concerned wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay in posting the update. But I was able to go and do something that was a lot more enjoyable. My grand daughter was playing in a High School Lacrosse game.

I wanted to verify that the update fixed the problems before I posted anything. So what I can report, now, is they have FINALLY incorporated all of the CKS improvements into MIRN. The only things that we are missing are the Gold Confirmation Toggle and the Mute Button for Global Chat.

Other than that, we now have everything else. The big ones are we now have the drone parts all listed on the 2 pages, it takes seconds for the drone upgrade screens to come up, and the performance, at least for me, is greatly improved.

Now if they would only fix the Short Range Battles. Either increase the power of the weapons or stop giving us Bots with max level stats. I am fight only Long Range Gauss battles and passing on all Short Range battles, unless they happen to be a RL player. It takes too many medkits right now to survive a Short Range battle.

I just couldn't help myself (bursting out in laughter). The part about shorts with max'd defense reminds me of the same exact scenario in CKS, probably at the same tier. CKS problem was more drone related, but the end result was identical ... the more things change, the more they stay the same :)
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION