03/03 Server Maintenance! Warning, Warning, Warning!!!

try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
At 5 hours 25 minutes into the NON Start of the usual Global Event,

The Servers are down! Just as iOS had an update 2 days ago, and found a disastrous update, are Android users now going to inherit this catastrophe?

What I'm talking about is after the 8 and 1/2 hours it took for the iTunes update to be released, players with Level 110 were' locked at the home screen "4% Loading Configs"!

Has GLU looked at this forum those last two days to discover their blunder? Has the update been corrected to prevent this to the rest of the community to be announced comatose to continued play?

Stay tuned folks! This is the dramatic events of surviving the brilliance of Glu's Updates!

Esitimate time of Servers being restarted: 5 PM EST. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!

Edited: From concerned;
"It took 24 Hours for the Dev Team to fix the problem, but it looks like it has been fixed. I have been able to log in and all of my stats appear to be correct."

Comments

• try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Tried to delete the other duplicate post, but bajancat, your estimate is more realistic, mine is if GLU handles this at the same amount of time it was done on iOS.

Either way, many Amazon users will not understand how to do the update, since the Server Maintenance screen only repeats itself, and they don't know to look in the store for an update.
    Was just looking at the web pages for MIRN. Amazon still says 1.0.1 for the latest version.

But Google says 1.0.4 was released yesterday? This is the same update iOS has been on. So, are you Google guys up?

Stated updates;
    o Major memory consumption optimizations and performance enhancements
    o Drone UI improvements, it’s now easier to organize & upgrade your drone!
    o Various Bug fixes and other improvements
  • bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    Was just looking at the web pages for MIRN. Amazon still says 1.0.1 for the latest version.

But Google says 1.0.4 was released yesterday? This is the same update iOS has been on. So, are you Google guys up?

Stated updates;
    o Major memory consumption optimizations and performance enhancements
    o Drone UI improvements, it’s now easier to organize & upgrade your drone!
    o Various Bug fixes and other improvements

Nope - still get maintenance screen...
    Amazon users, the checkered flag has dropped!

Noticed at 3:10 EST 1.0.4 is out!, I'm the only listing in the Leaderboard right now, so come on down!

No Level 110 bugaboo!
    try_again wrote: »
    Amazon users, the checkered flag has dropped!

Noticed at 3:10 EST 1.0.4 is out!, I'm the only listing in the Leaderboard right now, so come on down!

No Level 110 bugaboo!

Have fun, Playstore folks are still down and out... hit the revenge early and often. Likely some big pots to be had while players are still offline.
    if i download the update from the store directly, I can open and play... otherwise I only saw a maintenance screen...
    bajancat wrote: »
    if i download the update from the store directly, I can open and play... otherwise I only saw a maintenance screen...

Glu has completely scre*wed the pooch on updates! It's 1 hour and 45 minutes into the Global, and I've only seen 4 players on Leaderboard.

Server Maintenance screen has a Restart button. Hit it, and it stays on the same screen. An endless loop from an endless je*rk.

Yes everyone! Shutdown MIRN, and go to the Amazon Store or Play Store. If the MIRN app just says open, you need to refresh updates (not sure how Kindle owners do it). You need to update the app before it will connect to the servers!

FIX THIS UPDATE PROCESS GLU!!!
    After getting some feedback, I think the Kindle users are SOL for the update. CKS Global Chat is not a good place to carry on an intelligent conversation with all the kiddie play interrupting, but from 2 kindle users, there is no update showing, and one of them has tried multiple uninstall/reinstalls without success.

Possibly Kindle users can use the following web page to update? It's the Amazon MIRN app page;
    http://www.amazon.com/Glu-Mobile-Inc-MISSION-IMPOSSIBLE/dp/B011ARNYX6

If this doesn't work, the update should be refreshed normally in a day - at least that has happened with CKS players who had trouble.
    It's now clear that Kindle users have not had the update notice pushed to their devices.

It's been over 14 hours after Amazon has carried the new version 1.0.4. Amazon MIRN leaderboard only shows 16 players!

Not being a Kindle user, I'm trying to find a way to refresh the updates (the way my device did this in the Amazon Store App).

Possibly, this is a solution;
    From the Amazon Kindle Forum; http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdThread=Tx3MHITFLQCIZHE

"In that case search for the app store and make sure it shows the new version you expect it has. If it does not, then you have to wait for the Amazon app store to receive the new version. If it does show the new version you should be able to do an Update right from the app page. If for some reason you still can't update, but do see the new version, then uninstall and re-install the app to get the latest version."

Now, I would not recommend a uninstall of the app because of the possibility of loosing your stats, level, Tier, weapons, gold, energy, etc.

But, I can confirm that on Combat Killer: Sniper, I have been able to do a full delete, and re-install with all data downloaded because Game Circle (if you are logged into it), backs this up, and you see a small pop-up every time you logon or do a PVP.

So, I think there are two choices here, wait for your Kindle to show the update available, or if you are desperate, try the uninstall, re-install. After the new version is installed, make sure you are logged into Game Circle starting up the App after splash screen. That is when I click the white square at the bottom that says "Welcome Guest" and put in my account info on the Amazon web page that pops up.
    Debugging without a direct conversation with Kindle users is near impossible, but the above wasn't working yesterday because the app did not appear in the Kindle app store!

Don't understand how that's possible that Amazon shows it (previous link), yet Kindle doesn't?

Anyway, have heard a couple more guys that deleted the app and re-installed it successfully. Personally, I don't know if I would or not - the prize is a heavy that I'll never use anyway (until the defender strength problem gets fixed). Think I'd just wait it out.

I'm cruising at rank 2 in global, and there are 23 on leaderboard now. 4 guys in our agency have showed up so far.
    Final update on version 1.0.4, all should be back to normal now.

Initially, the MIRN update didn't show on the Kindle, then it was flagged by Amazon as not compatible!
    But, yesterday most all players found the update ready to install, and have returned to a very low EP leaderboard.
    With 18 hours remaining;
    Rank 1, 5610
    Rank 2, 3710
    Rank 3, 3610 (1st to get on, and playing without gold)
    Rank 10, 2285
    Rank 30, 835

Yes folks, you read that right 835 event points after 1 - 3/4 days of play. The heavy has become the bane of this game, since even when upgraded, can require med packs because a content update several weeks ago increased the strength of opponents only on short missions.

So, if there's anyone still absent from the update not showing in the Amazon store (got a PM last night from someone)
    I suggest that you uninstall the game, and you will be returned to the servers with the updated version, unless GLU/Amazon has it in for you.