Cheaters on MIRN???

AgentBrovoAgentBrovo Registered Users 15 Posts
How would a level 46 player with 12.5 power primary weapons be able to "win" non-stop, reaching 100 points in a Bronze League event within a couple of hours (at most), where it's virtually impossible for such player to win at ALL being his health would be WAY too low to survive ANY hits from the Tier 12 or 13 defenses he'd be playing against?

A level of 46 corresponds to a Tier 3 health rating, so there should be NO POSSIBLE way for a player at that level to "win" against Tier 12 defenses.

It's this sort of thing that has me wondering why should I even bother with this game, as apparently GLU has no concerns if people are hacking the game, making it impossible for real players to advance as they should.

Comments

• bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    AgentBrovo wrote: »
    How would a level 46 player with 12.5 power primary weapons be able to "win" non-stop, reaching 100 points in a Bronze League event within a couple of hours (at most), where it's virtually impossible for such player to win at ALL being his health would be WAY too low to survive ANY hits from the Tier 12 or 13 defenses he'd be playing against?

A level of 46 corresponds to a Tier 3 health rating, so there should be NO POSSIBLE way for a player at that level to "win" against Tier 12 defenses.

It's this sort of thing that has me wondering why should I even bother with this game, as apparently GLU has no concerns if people are hacking the game, making it impossible for real players to advance as they should.

First, yes, there are cheaters playing MIRN. There are modified APK's (mods) created by hackers and made available to the public for this and many other games. The original ones included 'god mode', unlimited ammo, free gold and unlimited weapon power.

Second, yes, GLU does take it seriously, but (in my opinion) has a very hard time keeping up. They found a way to recognize the gold mod very early in this game and banned anyone that used it. The last release/upgrade they issued also addressed the god mode/unlimited weapon power. Playing the game for the next 2 days after the upgrade was a real treat and listening to everyone complain about not being able to win PvP battles any more was personally very humourous. However, the hackers were quick to respond and updated their mod so it would work with the new release.

Generally, if you see a player profile with a powerful weapon and a low base you can be fairly safe in assuming that they are using the mod.

Although GLU tries to respond, it takes longer for them to do upgrades and react than the hacker community so we are always left in this frustrating position. The players using the mods and other methods to get around the game end up costing real players the rewards from league/global events.

As to whether this game is worth playing - that is ultimately your choice. If you're playing for enjoyment and to kill time, you likely don't care about the other players and their tactics. If you're trying to be #1, then you're going to be disappointed. The players at the top (Android, I don't know about IOS) are using mods and IMEI cloning to get multiple devices playing the same account/profile. These tactics make it impossible to match/beat them with a straight up, unassisted approach.

These are just my thoughts - hope it helps to put it into perspective.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    AgentBrovo wrote: »

There are so-called cheaters in every aspect of life and you better get good at recognizing and working around them. Again, I doubt very seriously that this guy is cheating.

That said, you have answered your own question ... health is your ability to absorb a hit, so either you don't get hit OR you better have plenty of medkits on hand. If your killing your opponents in under 30 seconds, then you will take very few (if any) "hits" as well. 1 or 2 medkits and the player your describing can win easily.

50 victories in 120 minutes isn't only quite possible, but only an average performance since 2.4 minutes per battle is literally an eternity.

If you stand there like an 800 lb. gorilla blasting away at rabbits, the rabbits will win every time.

Your approach to the game is all wrong.

I can describe how players with NO DEFENSE at all, (say TIER 1) can use 7.5-8.5 weaponry to become invincible and can be near impossible to kill. At that point you're competing against the clock only since you'll need to kill the "spook" before the clock runs down ... 5 minutes is a pretty long time to defeat your opponent.

Keep Digging ...
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • AgentBrovoAgentBrovo Registered Users 15 Posts
    bajancat wrote: »
    First, yes, there are cheaters playing MIRN. There are modified APK's (mods) created by hackers and made available to the public for this and many other games. The original ones included 'god mode', unlimited ammo, free gold and unlimited weapon power.

Yep, it's pretty much what I've noticed, that there definitely are cheaters out there merrily hacking this game.

PC games I've played had made use of anti-cheat software such as Punk Buster, but hackers found ways around it or the company stopped supporting the mechanism(s).

Either way, cheaters ruin the game for everyone, and make it worthless.

I play MIRN for enjoyment, but what joy is there when your chances of winning a weapon are greatly diminished due to people out there with unlimited gold and hacked stats?

GLU may just as well set the top place scores to 1,000,000 points in global events, and place bots in each event racking up 100 points per hour for bronze, 200 points per hour in silver, and 500 points per hour in gold leagues.

Yesterday it was a hacker with Tier 5 (I was mistaken earlier, a 46 level is at Tier 5, not 3), with 12.5 power level weapons, which we both know is impossible (contrary to a person who claims he doesn't work for GLU). Today, it's someone with reasonable stats, but already has a 13.5 Gauss rifle who's creeping ever further ahead of the pack in 1st place for no reason, since he already HAS an equivalent weapon as the prize to be won.

But yeah, it's getting harder to justify the time I've put into this game, and to ignore the much better games (full 3d immersion, where the view tracks in 360 degrees, up and down, by turning or tilting the device) that I've already installed.