Game Freezing

bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
Dear Glu;

I am wondering why you design a game that locks up and prevents players from playing without the fear of having to restart the game or device they're using? I realize that Android may not be the best, most secure OS out there, but that shouldn't mean that you take advantage of them by creating such a craftily piece of work that picks the same spot on the same map to consistently freeze and lock up the device.

Your development team must be top notch to be able to create such an intricate design that it behaves in such a consistent manner! I must admire and congratulate them for such an incredible display of programming expertise.

Your support team says that "they're working on it", but I say NO! why remove such an intrinsic and dearly loved aspect of the game! I mean who doesn't enjoy selecting a short map, clearing the first wave and then wondering what will happen when you move to the forward position to lure out the boss (and drone sidekick). I mean the anticipation is better than the game itself! Will the screen freeze? Will the player controls disappear? Will my player recognize the movement commands I give it? I mean "WOW!" the inherent excitement you've been able to build into this game is truly outstanding!

This thrill is almost matched by the Drone Attachment roulette. I mean who doesn't love the excitement around adding a larger attachment to the drone and wondering if the game will allow you to select it, will it perform in battle? Will it trigger a game freeze when it fires? WOW, the suspense is awesome!!!

So, as I write this, I'm left thinking "NO, DON'T CHANGE IT!!!" I have learned to LOVE the thrill of trying to guess whether I'll be able to complete the PvP or not.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Sincerely,
Thrill Seeker...

Comments

• try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Do I detect a bit of sarcasm in your enjoyment? lol

It would be nice if they could release version 2 of this game seeing that all the development has been done on CGS.
  • bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    Do I detect a bit of sarcasm in your enjoyment? lol

It would be nice if they could release version 2 of this game seeing that all the development has been done on CGS.

Thanks. Sarcasm? Nooooo.....

Since GLU never does what the playing community wants, I really hope they keep it the way it is! :)

It has been a long time, but I took a quick look at the CKS forum the other day. Drones with continuous machine gun fire... surprise, it locks up the screen... and here with MIRN, the 410K drone machine gun can't be attached without the game freezing.

But yes, it would be nice to see some of the stability items ported over.