Please change the chat color from yellow to blue!!!

try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
Title says it all!

Our Agency is constantly complaining about the bright yellow chat color severely hurting their eyes! I hear so often, they have to leave the game because their eyesight becomes some burned out from the super high contrast, that they can no longer focus on communicating their friends in both Global and Agency chat.

The background color in Contract Killer: Sniper (Blue), seems much more relaxing for long term chat than the super intense Yellow on Mission Impossible - appropriate name to destroy your eyes!

GLU! PLEASE STOP MAKING US STARE INTO THE SUN!
PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I feel your pain Brother ...

Just so you (already) know that it's fairly very basic to NEVER use YELLOW for text when programming unless you want it to catch someone's attention like an error or failure and in that case we use RED, YELLOW or GREEN on a black background.

Yellow as a "background" is a non-starter for obvious reasons.

Sometimes I tend to think that developers that use these colors are the same people who would drive a lime green Ferrari or a wear paisley tie on a plaid shirt. They probably have purple hair as well.

That's why we have standards :)

BLACK on WHITE or WHITE on BLACK (or BLUE) is much better and results in less eyestrain. There are programming standards that "ban" the use of YELLOW in a GUI altogether. YELLOW is one of those colors that human eyes are very sensitive to. It's great for fire trucks though LMAO

I suppose the GLU factory just doesn't care.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I feel terribly sorry for my Leader, after a day's chatting with members, she has to rest her eyes several times a day. Many other players are in the same camp, and even worse affected by it with smaller devices.

It's actually causing these people PAIN! And, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a permanent problem created by this.

Can we say, CLASS ACTION SUIT? Maybe a few calls to the Attorney General are in order.