02/03 Server Maintenance

try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
Apparently, GLU is too busy to alert it's users to interruptions, so I'm posting this thread so users can report their observations on it.

Possibly iOS has already had this notice yesterday if similar to Contract Killer: Sniper, and Google Play & Amazon are having it today?

Also, the program is overdue for some of the changes that have occurred to CKS.

Some of them will be welcome; members being online highlighted, name changes, improved game performance, and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, improved payouts and reduced drone costs.

And some will do damage to it; Clan Wars and Facebook. Did I mention Clan Wars will ruin the experience and enjoyment of the game!!!

So, now the waiting game begins <elevator music playing in the background>.

Screenshot_2016-02-03-05-06-491.png

Comments

• try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    So far, 6 - 1/2 hours and counting. Seems a bit more than just server maintenance, my guess is an update. Hope everyone has their data backed up!

And the response from Google Play and the iOS groups is deafening! Literally! Can't believe the biggest groups don't have one person interested to post a peep.
  • MjulienMjulien Registered Users 119 Posts
    It's gonna be a fun one! However, it has been quite a few months since server maintenance in MIRN!
    MJ
    Ok, it was up a while ago, been busy. Took 8-1/2 hours, about normal.

1. No Update, Yeah!

2. The Payouts are now 2 to 2-1/2 time above previous payout that hadn't changed for 4 tier levels. Excellent!

Now to fight the final battle for the 1st place Gauss due out in two weeks on Global.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    Ok, it was up a while ago, been busy. Took 8-1/2 hours, about normal.

1. No Update, Yeah!

2. The Payouts are now 2 to 2-1/2 time above previous payout that hadn't changed for 4 tier levels. Excellent!

Now to fight the final battle for the 1st place Gauss due out in two weeks on Global.

Sounds like they finally took pity on the Amazon players. So far there has not been a server maintenance for the IOS platform. On IOS, our game version is 1.0.2. What is the Amazon version?

Also, what about the strength of the SR opponents? How they fixed that problem where we are facing bots with maxed out bases and defense?
    We're still at ver 1.0.1 after the maintenance. But, yes and it was more like 2 to 3 times the payouts, but, I have the new Traasque and Brigandine to partly thank for that, maybe.

The short attack strength still seems over bumped to me, it's quite riskey to attempt an even weapon power to base matchup.

Was able to finish out Tier 11 with much less trouble than I expected before the update, so can now start on the neglected drone.

Almost wondering if I shouldn't have wished for a Clan Wars update - we are getting our rear ends handed to us with over a 13,000 CP spanking for being a number 1 team! Been lots of players that dropped out recently.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    For me, it does not take an even weapon to base matchup to cause a problem in SR battles. I have problems with SR battles, where my weapon strength is 212K and I am facing an 150K base. Usually it take a med kit to win the battle. I pretty much have reduced myself to fighting only LR Gauss Battles.

As far as Clan Wars, I personally hope that they never show up here in MIRN. It is so thrilling to fight 2 battles a day, especially since the war only lasts for minutes. The saving grace for Clan Wars, is the equipment that we are able to win in the store by spending our tokens.
  • bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    concerned wrote: »
    For me, it does not take an even weapon to base matchup to cause a problem in SR battles. I have problems with SR battles, where my weapon strength is 212K and I am facing an 150K base. Usually it take a med kit to win the battle. I pretty much have reduced myself to fighting only LR Gauss Battles.

As far as Clan Wars, I personally hope that they never show up here in MIRN. It is so thrilling to fight 2 battles a day, especially since the war only lasts for minutes. The saving grace for Clan Wars, is the equipment that we are able to win in the store by spending our tokens.

I had been having 'conversations' with support for quite some time where they were promising an upgrade, I guess this was it. My observations on android:
    - PvP payouts vs Bots has increased. I'm seeing 5600-10.8K payouts (with 1 report of an 11K pot)
    - Changing attachments on drone can now be done. I was seeing over an hour wait for the attachment page to load, now it's 2 minutes so I was able to add 51K attachments
    - Level 11 Bots power seems to be reduced slightly. They were really jacked up, especially the short challenges. Short is still over powered, but it's better.

That's it for my observations. I'm not sure what else was fixed. Possibly some more minor issues with missions etc.
  • bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    bajancat wrote: »
    I had been having 'conversations' with support for quite some time where they were promising an upgrade, I guess this was it. My observations on android:
    - PvP payouts vs Bots has increased. I'm seeing 5600-10.8K payouts (with 1 report of an 11K pot)
    - Changing attachments on drone can now be done. I was seeing over an hour wait for the attachment page to load, now it's 2 minutes so I was able to add 51K attachments
    - Level 11 Bots power seems to be reduced slightly. They were really jacked up, especially the short challenges. Short is still over powered, but it's better.

That's it for my observations. I'm not sure what else was fixed. Possibly some more minor issues with missions etc.

oh, 1 new observation... once in a 24-hr period, you are given the chance to watch a video for health and energy from PvP play. It looks like the game now checks with the vidoe/add service before the PvP match starts. If a video isn't available, you get the screen saying such. (that isn't new) What's new is that after the match when you're given the 'watch video for free stuff screen' and you press 'play video', the game doesn't bother checking (avoids the delay we used to have), it just goes to the next screen. Their idea of improving game performance, I guess.

I bet it took the GLU programmers months to figure that one out...
  • StephenihemesieStephenihemesie Registered Users 1 Posts
    I downloaded d game from play store and it require to down extra data when starting up but it cannot ****ect to server please fix it
    If this doesn't correct itself, and you have all your data backed up to the Google Store, delete the game and re-install.

I've had this happen to me several times with the Amazon version, and same instructions to fix it.