Boss fights

LanfearLanfear Registered Users 67 Posts
Many have been asking for boss fights and at the moment there are no videos out, atleast not on youtube.

SO...

Here I will list my videos, some might be nicely done and some might just be filmed with my iPad, either way you should be able to see the fight and learn what to do. Good luck!

Warlock
The War God Legendary Ares
Legendary Hades
Legendary Hades - How to dodge attacks / movingpatterns
Zeus
Legendary Zeus

Gladiator
The War God Ares
Legendary Hades
Legendary Zeus

Barbaress
The War God Legendary Ares
Normal Death's army - Pan
Legendary Hades
Legendary Zeus

Tournaments:
Manticore
Lycanthrope
Minotaur
Siren

Boss Locations:
Ares @ map: The War God (Rome)
Hades @ map: Facing Hades (Crete)
Zeus @ map: The King of the Gods (Olympus)

Reagents:
If you don't know where to find the reagents for your gear then here is how you should farm.
Lamia: Pleb Revolt (Rome) - The War God (Rome)
Siren: Plague Ship (Rome) - Facing Hades (Crete)
Gryphon: Disaster in Dion (Olympus) - Legendary The War God (Rome)
Manticore: Legendary Plague Ship (Rome) - Legendary Facing Hades (Crete)
Hydra: Legendary Disaster in Dion - Legendary The King of the Gods (Olympus)

Guides:
Ares the war god:

Attacks:
1-2-3: a three consecutive strike where the third strike will stun you, making you open for further attacks. Dodge when he starts to attack. He pauses between these attacks so hit as much as you can during the pause.

After raising shield:
After you get Ares to raise his shield to defend himself he will strike twice followed by the

Firewave: Ares shoots out a wave of fire from his shield. Sign - he starts to raise his shield infront of him and slams it to the ground, unleashing the wave. The wave hits all in a halfcircle infront of Ares.
Defence: run around Ares which takes you out of the hot-zone. Or run away (even infront of him) to a safe distance where the wave wont reach you.

Following this firewave he ends his comboattack with the

Path of fire: Fire will erupt from the ground 5 times, which will create at straight path of fire. It is only the eruption that can hurt you so you can safely start to hit him once the first eruption is cleared. Sign - he raises his spear and thrusts it into the ground.
Defence: Keep running from the firewave and the path of fire around Ares, then start to attack as soon the first eruption clears.

The running man: Ares starts to run towards you, this can easily be avoided by all teleporting skills to either side of Ares (or if you have enough distance from him you can run and avoid being hit). If you cant dodge this he will hurt you every time he hits you, again and again. Then follow him until he ends the marsh with a strike. Here he is open for attacks, make the most of it.

Stun-phase
At around 50% Ares gets stunned, you can hit him as much as you can during the stun but beware, as soon as he wakes up he will do a double path of fire, if you are brave enough you can sneak in and hit him between these two. These two are followed by a firewave, ending this combo.

Pump it up!: Ares smashes his spear to his shield and then begins to run. This is something to remember if you are low on health and are trying to make the most of his raised shield or stun, it hurts alot and it's hard to avoid, best way to dodge it is to stop attacking in time.

Hades
Zeus
Prev1

Comments

• HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Very nice, thank you for helping out! ;)
  • YouNerfedItYouNerfedIt Registered Users 47 Posts
    The problem here is you have to show and equip relevant gears to the boss fights as well as skills so people who may be stuck can see how it can be done. Should the gears and GS not reflect on the level its not really accurate.

Battling in easy mode with higher GS gears isn't correct in displaying how bosses are fought.
  • LanfearLanfear Registered Users 67 Posts
    I show how I do and people can follow my moving-patterns. The hades fight is with a weapon equal to the level but my own level boost my dmg. The latest video show how I dodge Hades attacks and that doesn't matter if you are 12000gs or 50, you can dodge the attacks the same way. Disregarding the fact that a 12000 champ wont see these attacks cause Hades dies too fast. My spell may hurt more than others but if you attack the same way several times and successfully dodge the boss's attack, he will eventually go down.
    Added tournament videos as well. Last video added is from this weeks Manticore tournament.
  • KingJohnKingJohn Registered Users 4 Posts
    Great guides! Bunch o' help for Warlock, especially!
    "To be, or not to--wait what?"
    Thanks, I will do a remake for all the "I can see your fingers moving"-videos but I just haven't had the time yet. I'm trying to make instruction-movies, not a "look at me killing boss in 15 seconds". I'm blad I can help although it's not a PRO-production.
  • OoSGoOOoSGoO Registered Users 3 Posts
    lanfear paste your manticore vids here or post the youtube link
    check the first post or the announcement of the manticore video, both have the link.
    If you have a request on a video or need info on how to defeat a boss then do a request here and I will do my best to answer (or someone else might help).
  • petrospetros Registered Users 18 Posts
    Stop spamming in all threads
    BGI (Android)

Name: Arzetlam
    Guild:Purgatory (atm)
  • OneBadHuskerFanOneBadHuskerFan Registered Users 14 Posts
    I just watched the legendary Zeus fight. Are you not aware that you can just hold the attack button and not mash it constantly? Sorry, that's just driving me nuts seeing that, lol.
    Haha I was not aware :)
    Thread has been updated with Minotaur event video w. Warlock
    Lanfear wrote: »
    Thread has been updated with Minotaur event video w. Warlock

And spamming all over chat whenever possible. You must really be after page views for your jailbroken recordings.
    Haha jailbroken? Why would my unit be jb? Fyi, it isn't. Will Rochefort do?

Edit: ofc I want ppl to view this thread. I'm not making movies so I can watch em myself.
  • FoxMecanFoxMecan Registered Users 2 Posts

Reagents:
    If you don't know where to find the reagents for your gear then here is how you should farm.
    Lamia: Pleb Revolt (Rome) - The War God (Rome)
    Siren: Plague Ship (Rome) - Facing Hades (Crete)
    Gryphon: Disaster in Dion (Olympus) - Legendary The War God (Rome)

Where is the best place to find Gryphon reagents? In Disaster in Dion (Olympus) I get Siren reagents. Trying to increase GS to qualify for Zues.
    Haha jailbroken? Why would my unit be jb? Fyi, it isn't. Will Rochefort do?

Edit: ofc I want ppl to view this thread. I'm not making movies so I can watch em myself.

Liar. Oh yes but do redeem yourself by letting us all know what screen recording app you are using.
    Liar. Oh yes but do redeem yourself by letting us all know what screen recording app you are using.

Ofcourse. I am currently using x-Mirage for pc, there is a giveaway for code as well if you google it. Why would I lie. Should start trusting people nerf.

FYI: X-Mirage creates an AirPlay-Server on the PC so you will have to connect to it by using AirPlay on your device.
    FoxMecan wrote: »
    Where is the best place to find Gryphon reagents? In Disaster in Dion (Olympus) I get Siren reagents. Trying to increase GS to qualify for Zues.

Disaster in Dion drops both Siren as well as Gryphon. This goes for legendary as well where you can get Manticore as well as Hydra.

Gryphon reagents drop where I have written, all over Olympus map and up to Legendary Ares. The souls only drop on Zeus and Ares.
    New movie added from the new Siren event, watch it here
    A different video added. Many are having a hard time with boss Pan /Satyr so here it is. Barbaress vs Pan
  • TheMacTheMac Registered Users 91 Posts

And for those that dont want to buy software to record screens you can use Shou.tv . No jailbreak needed, however you need to install an app from their own website as it is not in the app store.

I might have to go head to head with you on vids Lanfear ;) Your better geared so if I covers ways to die, you can cover ways to kill right ? lol
    Guild: Actives | Platform: IOS | Best Guild Rank: 1st | Recruiting?: Reserve | Click HERE to apply
    TheMac wrote: »
    And for those that dont want to buy software to record screens you can use Shou.tv . No jailbreak needed, however you need to install an app from their own website as it is not in the app store.

I might have to go head to head with you on vids Lanfear ;) Your better geared so if I covers ways to die, you can cover ways to kill right ? lol

Ofc go ahead, I mostly do vids with warlock and I recently started with barbaress so if you want to do vids as well it would be most helpful. Let me know and I will update the thread with your vids.

X-mirage doesn't cost atm because they have a code giveaway that doesnt seem to end any time soon. The code lasts for a year.
    Ofc go ahead, I mostly do vids with warlock and I recently started with barbaress so if you want to do vids as well it would be most helpful. Let me know and I will update the thread with your vids.

X-mirage doesn't cost atm because they have a code giveaway that doesnt seem to end any time soon. The code lasts for a year.

Ahh. Well the app I use records direct tot eh ipad or streams it direct to shou.tv (like twitch) without it being streamed to the PC and for it to be recorded that way if you get me.
    Guild: Actives | Platform: IOS | Best Guild Rank: 1st | Recruiting?: Reserve | Click HERE to apply
  • FoxdirtbikeFoxdirtbike Registered Users 3 Posts
    Does anyone know if regular Zeus drops legendary weapons?
    Not really the right thread but yes. All bosses drop legendaries
  • OdekvaOdekva Registered Users 2 Posts
    May be it would help some, recorded my second leg. Hades fight with low gs Barbaress
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojPMfngvxps

It's a bit messy but still shows how and what. I do not use aoe skill any more on him, but a lot of the second one(wave).
    TheMac wrote: »
    Ahh. Well the app I use records direct tot eh ipad or streams it direct to shou.tv (like twitch) without it being streamed to the PC and for it to be recorded that way if you get me.

What app is it?
    What app is it?

Shou.tv Its kinda like Twitch but obviously not as big and still in Beta
  • vesthervesther Registered Users 63 Posts
    I've been able to play through (and finish) the story game as the Barbaress (and if you had to ask me, the Warlock and Gladiator are going to take more work because they're melee fighters), and I'd like to share how I snuffed the three bosses.

Ares: His attacks are mainly melee, but they can dizzy you. Watch out when he runs because if he runs and connects, he will then slash you and then burn you with his fire attack. Not sure what spirits you can use for Ares as most monsters don't have elementary strengths and/or weaknesses. Usually when he runs he will try to go after you. Use the Bear Trap tactic to get to safety and try to stay away from his eyes as he will try to hurt you real bad. He has two ranged attacks: A ground pound that allows him to send waves of fire causing gobs of fire damage, and a shield pound that has a wide gauge, also causing gobs of damage. The key is to try to keep within a hitting distance, but away from Ares's touch. I find Ares to be kind of troublesome at times due to the Barbaress's slow movement on the ground.

Hades: This gets fun on my watch. The key is to make full use of your flame wave, ancestor circle, and even your Battle Cry and if your weapon isn't top-notch (Remember any weapon higher than Level 36 has to be monetized), don't expect to get a Grade C or better here. Stay in medium range because if you stay too far from him, his attacks can get very nasty, and his poison attacks does A LOT OF DAMAGE. At this point of play, it's very important to remain at the recommended level of gear quality (GS) so that you don't get into too much trouble fighting him. Try to stay within striking distance based on your Flame Wave so that Hades don't wind up using his poison skulls or even worse, his pillar of poison attack that hits you wherever you are unless you move. Remember the key is to stay within Flame Wave distance and don't go too far from him (for best results, try to stay inside Flame Wave distance), but when he gets infuriated (Half energy left), his attacks become stronger, and you have to rely on Bear Traps, and then getting enough to go back inside Flame Wave Distance to ensure he doesn't use his poison skull and/or pillar of poison attack. Patience and character positioning is the key (plus aggressiveness) to ensure Hades isn't using his Poison Skull/Pillar attacks. Hades also has two melee attacks that will poison you, plus he has a slash attack that causes a poison pillar to hit you if you're sloppy.

Zeus: He is the most devastating boss in the game. His lightning attacks obliterate anything in his way, and if he's lucky, sometimes he will kill you in a few strokes. There were instances in the game in which after he used his triangular lightning wave, a wave of lightning follows you and you had to run, but not sure whether or not he's nerfed, so you have to be careful of his lightning wave still. Zeus also has a melee attack that sends out a single pillar of lightning, a melee attack that does a ridiculous amount of DOT damage if you connect (The Lightning Cage), and he has a stomp attack that is not his strongest attack, but Zeus's attacks are devastating ones, so BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO GET ATTACKED! As with Hades, stay inside flaming wave distance, but when Zeus raises his hands, get to safety because his triangular lightning wave still hurts. Maybe stay within axe throwing distance to be sure, but when Zeus is enraged, throw flame wave and axes, but when Zeus teleports, use a bear trap to get to safety because he usually use that Lightning Cage to snuff you.

I'm going to edit this message if more comes to light, as I think I might have been vague with this post.
    Please read my rant before private messaging me. Thanks.