Error 20003

SecularHazeSecularHaze Registered Users 1 Posts
I am not sure if this is the proper place to post this,so feel free to move accordingly...

I receive this error 20003 whenever I click to watch a video to receive a gift (potions etc.) After completing an area/dungeon...

Android tablet....any help would be appreciated, also I never receive the gifts and I have watched many many videos.

Thanks.

Comments

• indoorsmanindoorsman Registered Users 10 Posts
    Same... I dunno whats worse that it doesn't get fixed or that I continue to be tricked into watching the videos for no reward.
  • TraineluTrainelu Registered Users 482 Posts
    You have a jb/rooted device.
  • indoorsmanindoorsman Registered Users 10 Posts
    Trainelu wrote: »
    You have a jb/rooted device.

I do have a rooted device but I can't imagine why that would cause the reward to not apply.. since they sure as **** had no problem showing me the video before deciding I wasn't "eligible".
  • HellwraithHellwraith Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 1 Posts
    Well I came to the forums looking for the answer to this very question. I registered just to respond.

Could we please get an Admin/Dev confirmation that this is indeed the case and the official stance Glu has taken for individuals who may or may not have a rooted device. The reason I ask is I heard the same claim made before in reference to EW3, which I also played (& spent entirely too much money on it for matter, sheesh) but I knew it to be false since I have always played it on my phone which was rooted. No problems, well maybe I did initially, in the first day or so, I can’t remember, regardless though, if I did it was quickly fixed. Anyways.

To clarify an earlier statement when I said "may or may not be rooted" that was because in my case, I too was playing on an android tablet & got the error message but it’s currently Not Rooted. Maybe I should load up the game on my rooted phone & see if it’s not a root thing but a tablet thing.

I previously had superuser access on it a while ago but a few over the air patches ago it got returned to normal & I have been too lazy to do it. Since I had never unlocked the bootloader my data would get wiped so I would have to do backups etc. etc. I’ll get around to it eventually.

I honestly don't believe Glu would intentionally do something like this to a portion of its customer base so I'm not going to get worked up about it yet but Google has showed the problem to be on the rise and wide spread so a quick "Yay,nay or working on it" by a REP would go a long way in nipping this in the bud.

Thx
  • SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    I'm no admin but yes I can confirm it is acctually the case of a rooted device.
    Both on EW3 and BG, if you are on or acctually if your account have ever been on a rooted device then your account is "marked" which means no free gems from watching videos.
  • mag0223mag0223 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Hi..can someone tell me why can't i find my friends in the game?when searching it shows a error whit invalid player name....please help...!!!!!
    mag0223 wrote: »
    Hi..can someone tell me why can't i find my friends in the game?when searching it shows a error whit invalid player name....please help...!!!!!

All I can think of is if he is on Android and you on Ios, or vise versa.The two platforms can't play together.
    If thats not the case then dunno you must be typing it wrong or something.
  • DnalambDnalamb Registered Users 14 Posts
    I get the same error message however I have a brand new iPad Air 2 and it is never been jailbroken or rooted. Can one of the mods tell me how to get this problem fixed please.
    Dnalamb wrote: »
    I get the same error message however I have a brand new iPad Air 2 and it is never been jailbroken or rooted. Can one of the mods tell me how to get this problem fixed please.

But did you start your game on this new device or did you move over your progress from another device that might have been rooted? Cause once an account is logged in from a rooted device it is "marked". If not it sounds really strange you would get the 20003 Error. Some other error code yes but shouldn't be 20003. Have you had this error sice the first time you started playing or did it start apearing later on?
    I've had it since the start. I've put in tickets to glu hopefully I can get help.
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    I've had it since the start. I've put in tickets to glu hopefully I can get help.

Can you provide a Screen Shot of the error you are getting?
    [IMG][/img]image.jpg1_zpsq7oqnbh3.jpg
  • Sos1980Sos1980 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Dna use a vpn app chamge country and then back again watch a video and then delete Vpn it will be fixed
    I'm not sure if I did it wrong but it didn't work
    Any Ideas Handles?
  • SANDLOCKSANDLOCK Registered Users 99 Posts
    unknown error 20003 is a jailbroken/rooted device. at one point you logged in on a device and your username gets flagged. no way to get rid of it you can start a new login and use a program to hide your "rooted" or "jailbroken" status. but you have to start that program each time you log in before you log in to b&g. you can google what you need to do to hide your "rooted"/jailbroken" status i will not post it here.
    Like I said above never been rooted or jailbroken. That's why I find this weird.
    I have a new error now.?
    [IMG][/img]image.jpg1_zpsxnw5jlcc.jpg
  • raga82raga82 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Hi everyone, i've a not JB device but i get the Error 20003 everytime I watch a video... what i can do ? I sent a ticket but nobody answer me
  • psyhighpsyhigh Registered Users 49 Posts
    I am running into this error as well, and it is due to me moving my game to a rooted device. I have my character data on multiple devices, and found that it popped up immediately.upon launching game on rooted device.

If you chroot jail the BGI application, or any that use the same reward system, then it is possible for this issue to be bypassed. But, if you don't jail the process then to end up getting your reward account marked. No way around this once it happens.

The reason is rooted/jailbroken devices allow you to cheat the reward system, so it will check to prevent themselves financial loss due to modders/cheaters.
    BGI IGN: LiQuiDDiGitZ Android | Guild: EXPERIENCED | Level 48 Warlock 10577 GS
    I however have never had a rooted or jailbroken device and still I get this error. Would really appreciate help with this issue as the in game help has done nothing other than tell me they are working on it for the past three months.
  • psyhighpsyhigh Registered Users 49 Posts
    I however have never had a rooted or jailbroken device and still I get this error. Would really appreciate help with this issue as the in game help has done nothing other than tell me they are working on it for the past three months.

Hate to say it, but there's no way to fix it. It has been reported that if you have connected to a VPN, or have the applications installed this can happen. There are many things that can potentially do this.

Glu can open a ticket with TapJoy to look into it, but I there is a slim chance it will get rectified.
    BGI IGN: LiQuiDDiGitZ Android | Guild: EXPERIENCED | Level 48 Warlock 10577 GS