modders

annonannon Experienced MemberRegistered Users 128 Posts
Peeps running mods are running rampant on the android side. They have killed the game already for many of us. Funny, but it is the same group of modders that were reported continuously on ew3. nothing was done to them there, so they are emboldened to do it here too. Other than noobs spending a buck 99 on the entry gem pak, I dont see this game generating revenue like was forecast on various finance websites. Short term: new game, strong revenue....long term: early game death since players are all too familiar with this modding from the historical past.
not a tech geek, but cant you just ban the IP address instead of a reset for modders? I mean, c'mon...they are running mods...they are back full strength within a day! IP ban means they cant even log on.

tl;dr....modders ruining game, gamers wont spend

Comments

  • FirthFirth Experienced Member Registered Users 219 Posts
    annon wrote: »
    Peeps running mods are running rampant on the android side. They have killed the game already for many of us. Funny, but it is the same group of modders that were reported continuously on ew3. nothing was done to them there, so they are emboldened to do it here too. Other than noobs spending a buck 99 on the entry gem pak, I dont see this game generating revenue like was forecast on various finance websites. Short term: new game, strong revenue....long term: early game death since players are all too familiar with this modding from the historical past.
    not a tech geek, but cant you just ban the IP address instead of a reset for modders? I mean, c'mon...they are running mods...they are back full strength within a day! IP ban means they cant even log on.

    tl;dr....modders ruining game, gamers wont spend

    Now now annon, let's hold on a bit! GLU has only had about a year or so with the game engine, give them some time, i mean, geesh, you want miracles?...i mean, give them a chance, 18 months is just not near enough time to effectively come up with a counter plan.

    firth
    GUILD: EW4 EXPERIENCED | WOOOOT| coolio | Platform: ANDROID
  • HandlesHandles Advanced Member Registered Users 911 Posts
    I've been removing suspicious players all day. Sorry you aren't happy with my work.
  • annonannon Experienced Member Registered Users 128 Posts
    Thanks...guess I didnt notice cuz my tourn position keeps droppin like a rock. Not saying I would be #1 in tourn without modders, but mebbe #2....mebbe #3.... ok...mebbe 500....but I am tryin!!
    thanks handles....tthousands of us are watchin what you will do.....every effort is appreciated by the real gamers out here
    love,
    not firth
  • adybastianadybastian Junior Member Registered Users 62 Posts
    annon wrote: »
    Thanks...guess I didnt notice cuz my tourn position keeps droppin like a rock. Not saying I would be #1 in tourn without modders, but mebbe #2....mebbe #3.... ok...mebbe 500....but I am tryin!!
    thanks handles....tthousands of us are watchin what you will do.....every effort is appreciated by the real gamers out here
    love,
    not firth

    Just some little idea ... if people GS is low but he could get large vp on tourney ... the there should be suspicious.
  • HandlesHandles Advanced Member Registered Users 911 Posts
    adybastian wrote: »
    Just some little idea ... if people GS is low but he could get large vp on tourney ... the there should be suspicious.

    Yes, that would be rather suspicious.
  • WOLF_BLITZWOLF_BLITZ New Member Registered Users 11 Posts
    so since u reset players but not guilds are the guilds that are suppose to be in correct place get a prize or do all regular player get a extra gift for having to put up with this non sense
  • hellschefhellschef Experienced Member Registered Users 148 Posts
    As anonn and firth have both said I am glad to see the modders being reset but that isn't working and even in doing so the guilds they were active in still got top place .. how about resetting guild with an email generated to Gmail account of owner .. or blocking in addresses .. it ruined ew3 for me to the point were I am waiting for you to fix this problem till I play again wich means months and countless hour building .. but again. Glad to see you removed top 50 today but it's not gonna stop until you find and remove the way they are getting through the back door ..
    Guild :: EXPERIENCED
  • FirthFirth Experienced Member Registered Users 219 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    I've been removing suspicious players all day. Sorry you aren't happy with my work.

    Sorry, so many i really did not notice, my bad...However, i did notice the boat load you took care of right at the end of the tourney, Awesome and THANKS!..

    firth
    GUILD: EW4 EXPERIENCED | WOOOOT| coolio | Platform: ANDROID
  • dudialdudial Junior Member Registered Users 58 Posts
    Firth wrote: »
    Now now annon, let's hold on a bit! GLU has only had about a year or so with the game engine, give them some time, i mean, geesh, you want miracles?...i mean, give them a chance, 18 months is just not near enough time to effectively come up with a counter plan.

    firth

    ^ biggest noob in this forum.

    just a few sentences, as i mod this game too:

    1.glu games have always been full of cheaters. and you nuts really wonder why?
    because glu doesn't care a sh*t about security: there are no server checks. compared to a company like gameloft, glu coding is the work of an amateur.

    its so easy to get rid of cheaters. other companies use functions/detection code, which automatically bans a cheater within 24-48h.
    but glu: mods/devs need to ban manually. thats lol. really.


    2. blood and glory's code is just an ew3 copy. 'ACReduceHP, AddtoCombatinventory,...' whatever, every function is a copy from ew3. nothing is new, just the graphics (which is not code). took me 15 mins to mod this game, always same procedure. well its glu.

    3. so what do we have got: a company which takes an old game, just replaces the graphics and tries to earn money again from dumb players. and then, these players go crying in forums about cheaters in a glu game. that's too cool :-)

    and btw: even the graphics from eternity warriors 2, almost 3 years old, is better than blood & glory graphics.
  • dudialdudial Junior Member Registered Users 58 Posts
    Firth wrote: »
    Now now annon, let's hold on a bit! GLU has only had about a year or so with the game engine, give them some time, i mean, geesh, you want miracles?...i mean, give them a chance, 18 months is just not near enough time to effectively come up with a counter plan.

    firth

    ^ biggest noob in this forum.

    just a few sentences, as i mod this game too:

    1.glu games have always been full of cheaters. and you nuts really wonder why?
    because glu doesn't care a sh*t about security: there are no server checks. compared to a company like gameloft, glu coding is the work of an amateur.

    its so easy to get rid of cheaters. other companies use functions/detection code, which automatically bans a cheater within 24-48h.
    but glu: mods/devs need to ban manually. thats lol. really.


    2. blood and glory's code is just an ew3 copy. 'ACReduceHP, AddtoCombatinventory,...' whatever, every function is a copy from ew3. nothing is new, just the graphics (which is not code). took me 15 mins to mod this game, always same procedure. well its glu.

    3. so what do we have got: a company which takes an old game, just replaces the graphics and tries to earn money again from dumb players. and then, these players go crying in forums about cheaters in a glu game. that's too cool :-)

    and btw: even the graphics from eternity warriors 2, almost 3 years old, is better than blood & glory graphics.
  • FirthFirth Experienced Member Registered Users 219 Posts
    dudial wrote: »
    ^ biggest noob in this forum.

    just a few sentences, as i mod this game too:

    1.glu games have always been full of cheaters. and you nuts really wonder why?
    because glu doesn't care a sh*t about security: there are no server checks. compared to a company like gameloft, glu coding is the work of an amateur.

    its so easy to get rid of cheaters. other companies use functions/detection code, which automatically bans a cheater within 24-48h.
    but glu: mods/devs need to ban manually. thats lol. really.


    2. blood and glory's code is just an ew3 copy. 'ACReduceHP, AddtoCombatinventory,...' whatever, every function is a copy from ew3. nothing is new, just the graphics (which is not code). took me 15 mins to mod this game, always same procedure. well its glu.

    3. so what do we have got: a company which takes an old game, just replaces the graphics and tries to earn money again from dumb players. and then, these players go crying in forums about cheaters in a glu game. that's too cool :-)

    and btw: even the graphics from eternity warriors 2, almost 3 years old, is better than blood & glory graphics.

    ^ biggest noob in comprehending English , funny..did you even read my post?..or is English not your thing...

    1. Stated in my post, game engine been around over 18 months, fully aware it is the same as EW3..and since BGI just came out world wide, thought a mighty coder like you could decode that...guess not..

    2. i was..well, thought i was...being openly sarcastic, not sure where you got the "crying part" from..

    3. i wish i was as cool as you...or as you say..too cool...

    love

    firth
    GUILD: EW4 EXPERIENCED | WOOOOT| coolio | Platform: ANDROID
  • annonannon Experienced Member Registered Users 128 Posts
    I was looking at this all wrong I guess. I always played for fun and to feed my competitive spirit. I win in life so I never had to mod a game to make myself feel better and to get others to notice me. So all these years I have wasted my life cuz I coulda just gone for instant gratification to make myself feel superior and to get peeps to think I was really really cool.
    Man, all these bumps, bruises, and broken hearts for nothin. What a loser I am.
  • YouNerfedItYouNerfedIt New Member Registered Users 47 Posts
    The iOS hack has been out for a while, had a few thousand downloads from what I hear, each to their own.
  • SahakSahak New Member Registered Users 9 Posts
    Hello, I Abros, I play << Blood & Glory Immortals >> play without cheating and without mods in the tournament earned 700.000 VP, new dresses and after I go to play, and then see what I temporarily blocked,, I do not know what my nickname,,,, abros ,,
Sign In or Register to comment.