Slayer & Calling Medallions accessibility

TheMacTheMac Registered Users 91 Posts
Over the past few events ive been wondering about the slayer and caller medallions, how to rank them up to epic and legendary, how to get hold of them etc.

So from the top you get your grey or lesser medallions from the 50 and 500 VP milestones respectively. You get just the 1 of each per event.

Then you get the green ones. The green ones are from hitting VP milestones, which is cool and all. But looking closer theres an issue for me.

The calling or summoning medallion comes from the 25k VP milestone and you get 2. The Slaying medallion then doesnt drop until you get tot he 500k VP milestone and you only get 3. Thats it, thats your lot that entire event.

Most players who dont spend will likely never make it to 500k points, so straight away they are stuck with the lesser medallions.

The Blue versions are only accessible through spending gems, which is a result (whether you like it or not) a direct result of splashing the cash.

One thing thats very clear to me is that there are many people in Ascention, purgmonsters and Flying Solo who have the epic (purple) and legendary (gold) versions of many if not all of these medallions.
This may be because they yes spent a load of cash, but they have also had more time to collect the medallions as events repeat I believe.

Then if im not mistaken at one point you could drop medallions from tributes, but not any more.

So new players are stuck in a rut. Do we either sit back knowing that the majority of people will probably get 1k VP per fight at best, maybe a little over versus those with gold medallions who get (ive been reliably informed) anything between 30-100k VP PER FIGHT!

Do new players buy medallions? <- this option would mean that you need 14,400 gems spent in 1 single event to get the gold slaying medallion. Thats 1 single medallion for 1 single event. The VIP ladder changed also you get the summoning medallion at 1,250 gems spent, and you have to spend 10k before you reset the ladder. So you would need to spend 160,000 gems in a single week, or spend a total of 20,000 gems in 16 lumps of 1,250 over 16 slayer events (for that slayer, so not 16 weeks, but it would actually take 80 weeks based on a 5 event rotation).

Or do new players simply wait it out and assemble the VP milestone rewards ?
Im going to be generous. I will assume a new player will always hit the 500k VP milestone (which we know they wont).

You need 5 Lesser to make 1 Common.
You need 5 Common to make 1 Uncommon
You need 4 Uncommon to make 1 Greater (is it ?)
You need 4 Greater to make 1 Legendary

I will not include the lesser in and have it act as something that merely reduces the time needed slightly.

But you will need 40 particular event weeks to collect the slaying medallion. So given a 5 different event schedule, it would take you 200 weeks ( 8 weeks under 4 years) to make a gold slaying medallion.

Given how we get 3 summoning medallions, we will end up with a decimal spot, so in the interests of round numbers, im rounding it up. For the summoning medallion you need 27 event weeks to collect the summoning medallion. This works out as 135 weeks (2 2/3 years).

The point im trying to make here, in this long, over worded post, is that unless you own your own bank, it will take way way too long to ever collect a gold medallion. Thus giving players from beta or close to, and unrivalled advantage that no one can hope to compete with.

Perhaps, we can have the uncommon medallions of summoning and slaying drop from guild tributes ? Like Aether pots do. To try and speed the process up a little.
Guild: Actives | Platform: IOS | Best Guild Rank: 1st | Recruiting?: Reserve | Click HERE to apply
Prev1

Comments

• Sos1980Sos1980 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Mac you get them by spinning 10 emperors as a bonus also they are available during tournent in emperor spins.
    You guys don't need em anyway with the potion hack I mean cmon 7k gs player getting to hard x

24wrc5d.jpgt
  • TheMacTheMac Registered Users 91 Posts
    Sos1980 wrote: »
    You guys don't need em anyway with the potion hack I mean cmon 7k gs player getting to hard x

24wrc5d.jpgt

Who was that Simon ?

But I dont think its that unrealistic really. Just cant ever get hit (Your also forgetting about revive scrolls, I mean come on your british, at least pretend you have a little going off up there).

I nor Elude condone or allow hacking of any kind. If we know someone has, their out!

Got to admit though, its cute you feel the need to spy on guilds doing better than your own.
    Guild: Actives | Platform: IOS | Best Guild Rank: 1st | Recruiting?: Reserve | Click HERE to apply
  • eludeelude Registered Users 25 Posts
    You should know by going through our chat for so long to get to that picture that we don't condone hacking, if it turns out that someone within my guild is hacking I'd be incredibly disappointed like any other guild leader would be.

With that said even if it turned out that he did manage to complete that stage by using the potion hack whatever that may consist of it wouldn't mean that everyone else in the guild does it anyway.

On top of that the player that posted that screenshot has nowhere near the amount of VP that the other players in my guild has and they are the reason we are where we are right now.

Just to be clear I only reply with this to clear things up, at the time of him posting that screenshot I thought nothing of it in the slightest, I can understand why it would look dodgy but it doesn't mean that's the only possibility and it certainly doesn't mean the rest of the guild would do the same thing so to say "you guys don't need them" is a bit OTT, comes across as you accusing all of us of cheating, if that isn't the case and you just wanted to point out the 1 player that we may have overlooked then fair enough, but you did mean to accuse us all then I have nothing more to say I'm afraid.
    Nick sorry it had to be done bro Yer a few of you are legitimate and do feel for you personally but have seen enough of the players posts and photos to realise that you have more than one and people forget i ain't Stupid enough to not notice hackers.your guild is more than welcome to carry on as they are as you won't have any competition from the too guilds in game.you are obviously not clever enough to know what a player is capable to hit per round in these tournament with whatever gear they are packing as I have the 3600 weapon 50 ice armour and 22 Attack Fire and can only mange hard 5/6 luckily not even pirate with his gold medallions gets hard 10.say hello to nashat as well he loves the hacks :-)
    Nashat won't be staying for long I can assure you, already openly admitted to hacking in other games during his trial here and basically said that given the option he would hack in this one as well, no way having that regardless of whether he is or isn't currently hacking in this game.

As for not being clever enough, I wouldn't say not clever enough but certainly lack the experience that others have lol, I started playing when the game first got officially released so not been around too long myself at this point and certainly overlooked the screenshot so not much more I can say on that other that other than I'll look into it, after talking to Nathaly I have a general idea of what the potion glitch thing is now but as I'm sure you can appreciate it's always going to be hard to know who is spending money on gems and who is using a glitch of course, hopefully Glu will fix it soon and then it wont be an issue either way though.
    Nick I have seen you buy gems which is great but the vp to gem ratio and what people say they hit per round and round achieved is a lot of difference.only trying to clear the game of the cheats as its already ruined one great game in Ew 3 as most will tell you.
    Yea d/w I completely agree, no hard feelings at all towards you or Nathaly, you'll just have to bear with me while I try and sort things out on my end
    Although on seconds thoughts I now have to take that back after seeing your post elsewhere, ban an entire guild for the sake of one person? that hardly seems like the fair thing to do?
  • SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    TheMac wrote: »
    he point im trying to make here, in this long, over worded post, is that unless you own your own bank, it will take way way too long to ever collect a gold medallion. Thus giving players from beta or close to, and unrivalled advantage that no one can hope to compete with.

Such a long post and then comes the point which is pretty weird...

First of all the beta was held a few months so I can't see how the few Tournamnets held during that time would give players an close to unrivalled advantage if you are only looking at the free grey/green medallions. And if you haven't noticed both the last Siren Tournamnet and the current one are compleatly new Tournament meaning the old medallions from earlier Tournaments mean nothing, so everyone have to pay just as much gems to get the purp/gold ones from VIP/Tributes. Should take you a few minutes to get Blue or even purple medallions.

People complain so much.. Speed the process upp so everyone have all gold medallions and all the best gear, that is a good idea to you? And then what, everyone complain the game has no challange at all..
    Just to update the matter of Nashat they are no longer in the guild, although he never said that he has managed to hack in this game the fact that he openly admitted that he'd attempted to tells me that given the chance in the future he would cheat if he could and that's just as bad in my mind.
    SirDiGiTaL wrote: »
    Such a long post and then comes the point which is pretty weird...

First of all the beta was held a few months so I can't see how the few Tournamnets held during that time would give players an close to unrivalled advantage if you are only looking at the free grey/green medallions. And if you haven't noticed both the last Siren Tournamnet and the current one are compleatly new Tournament meaning the old medallions from earlier Tournaments mean nothing, so everyone have to pay just as much gems to get the purp/gold ones from VIP/Tributes. Should take you a few minutes to get Blue or even purple medallions.

People complain so much.. Speed the process upp so everyone have all gold medallions and all the best gear, that is a good idea to you? And then what, everyone complain the game has no challange at all..

SD, well teh process is already sped up. If you can buy it for cash within a matter of seconds the issue already exists.

The consequence of it is that the top then is dominated by the same....people again and again and again and again.

Dont get me wrong, spenders want an advantage, and are very notorious to cry if they feel they dont have enough of an advantage (my example is sos crying about me cheating). But currently its to much of an advantage.

Just think Spenders have an advantage because of the following;

Non stop energy refills
    much higher slaying bonus
    much higher elite summoning bonus

Thats 3 different sets of advantages, not even yet considering set bonuses.

A spender will have a huge and clear advantage from simply being able to refill energy endlessly. I think Nathaly said you keep 10k gems in reserve incase you need to burn your way to the top.

Clearly your prepared to dump huge sums of cash into the game. Im sure its in Glu's interest to have you buying more Aethers to get the same VP total than it is for them to give you a 1 time deal for medallions so you gain more points for less effort and fewer aether usage.

It also means those not prepared to dump hundreds of $$ into each and every event actually have a chance every now and then. Instead of trying it once, feeling they got the middle finger from Glu, cause only one or two special people matter to them.

A game like this not only needs cash to survive, it needs players. If the majority felt screwed and left, those at the top would have no one to compete against. You seriously telling me you would still dump so much cash into this game if it were only you and 9 others ?
    Actually, do you really think Glu would carry on supporting it for only 10 ?

9 times out of 10 the majority of the cash actually comes from people that never feature in the top.

Personally I say s**** the medallions period. have a set spawn rate and let true skill (and off course cash for aether pots) do the talking.
    I agree with you there mac thing is this and the last tournament we are all using the same set of medallions as they are new so as you can tell the difference between players gear is an issue and that why the vp difference is easy to see in other tournaments but not these 2.thats why players can see that others are using mods to an advantage to keep up.i wish new gear would come so I can have the same as the top 2 guilds but atm not available
    Stuff

Hmm.. Yes but now you have pretty much switched around to a totally different issue. Earlier you where whining about how beta player have the advantage because of their medallions they have been received over the beta phase. And after my comment to that now you have switched to how the payers, who can be anyone joining the game anytime has that advantage because the game model allows this, so it kind of feels you don't know what you want to whine about really?

Yes someone paying a lot has that big advantage over the nonpaying player that has the similar gear/skill. Still needs to spend a lot of time, some skill and some luck to get to the top. Game is free to the ones not paying because of the payers, without them there would be no game to play for the rest either way. But yes this said I to think Glu can do a lot differently that I won’t go into here.
    Hmm.. Yes but now you have pretty much switched around to a totally different issue. Earlier you where whining about how beta player have the advantage because of their medallions they have been received over the beta phase. And after my comment to that now you have switched to how the payers, who can be anyone joining the game anytime has that advantage because the game model allows this, so it kind of feels you don't know what you want to whine about really?

Yes someone paying a lot has that big advantage over the nonpaying player that has the similar gear/skill. Still needs to spend a lot of time, some skill and some luck to get to the top. Game is free to the ones not paying because of the payers, without them there would be no game to play for the rest either way. But yes this said I to think Glu can do a lot differently that I won’t go into here.

Nope, my original post still stands. And just in case you neglected to read it properly, I will say it again. Beta users AND those playing on launch possibly.

My original post is made on the basis and info told to me by Nathaly and how medallions used to drop frequently from tributes and how this has been altered or stopped.

Now, either I have been given some bogus info and Nathaly is talking rubbish, or you didnt pick up on this in my opening post (or possibly want to distract attention away from this point).

Which ever it is, my original post still stands at this current time. I merely elaborated upon it, and even added more to it.
    Game is free to the ones not paying because of the payers, without them there would be no game to play for the rest either way.
    True AND false. The majority of Glu's income come from the small casual players. Not players like you.
    This is one common problem I run into time and time again. Big spenders always think themselves more important, yet fail to see how 500,000 players all spending £10 easily walk all over the top 10 players spending £200.
    Ye ye ye, I know you earnt it you spend it. But dude please dont for one second think its because of you and your guildies that this game exists.
    Glu could lose you tomorrow and have forgotten who you were by Monday.

Also dont forget about the heavy advertising. They get paid from that too ;)
    Medallions are still available during tournament for spinning emperor tokens and a bonus 1 for ten spins
    Well you could occasionally get the ****py ones in the Tribute yes. I would hardy say frequently. Thoose who have gold/purple have bought them pretty much the same way as now.
    Now if you wan't something removed to complain about it should be the T8 gear and the IIF Gears. I'm one of the ones who keep complaining about how unfair this is for newcommers, even if I already have most of them.

Also for your comment, not necessarily true:
    Only 0.15% of players account for half of free-to-play game revenue
    http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/177409-only-0-15-of-players-account-for-50-of-free-to-play-game-revenue
    Well you could occasionally get the ****py ones in the Tribute yes. I would hardy say frequently. Thoose who have gold/purple have bought them pretty much the same way as now.
    Now if you wan't something removed to complain about it should be the T8 gear and the IIF Gears. I'm one of the ones who keep complaining about how unfair this is for newcommers, even if I already have most of them.

Also for your comment, not necessarily true:
    Only 0.15% of players account for half of free-to-play game revenue
    http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/177409-only-0-15-of-players-account-for-50-of-free-to-play-game-revenue

Well, that gear I have already spoken about in a different thread. And yeah your right the T8 gear shouldnt necessarily be removed, but everyone should have the ability to get up to it.

As for the IIF gear, idk. its fairly easy to get from guild tributes (guild level dependant off course) and helps (i think) with farming hearts and souls.

I mean I still think that given how heavy spenders can endlessly keep fighting only resting when they have either spent more than they want, want a break or otherwise there is already sufficient advantage there.

The medallions dont serve no other purpose than to give low spenders or free players the middle finger.
    Id also note, that as a heavy spender the only reason you might possibly want to keep them is because you know it will help you spend less but prevent others from catching up to you.

A better way of phrasing it in a capitalist world is, They help the rich get richer and keep the poor, poor.
  • BeogardBeogard Registered Users 62 Posts
    50 VP 1x grey summoning
    500 VP 1x grey slaying
    25,000 VP 2x green summoning
    500,000 VP 3x green slaying
    Spin 10 Emperors 1x blue slaying
    One thing thats very clear to me is that there are many people in Ascention, purgmonsters and Flying Solo who have the epic (purple) and legendary (gold) versions of many if not all of these medallions.

As one member of Ascension I can tell you that until recently I had only green medals, a celtic sagaris of the hero, and a single green lightning offensive rune, yet managed to hit the 500k vp reward consistently and place within the top 25. I haven't played as hard this event or the last one, but it's definitely possible to place well on the leaderboards if you play well and use most of the free energy, including vials.

Yes, the high VP players have better medals, but most of us still have blue medals or worse.

As to old vs. new fairness, everyone's starting over (for medals) in the Siren and Gorgon events. Many of us saved Emperor tokens so that we could buy a blue medallion right off the get go, but not many have bought enough medals to evolve a purple yet.

Your bigger threat comes from the players who bought the Deimos weapons, when they were still available. There's always going to be a degree of unfairness to the medallion system; it's how Glu earns money. My advice is to focus on requesting the return of previously available weapons and armor, or wait for the release of new zones, which should also introduce more powerful equipment.
  • NathalyNathaly Registered Users 92 Posts
    Before last update when they removed phobos deimos spinning 10 emperors often gave me at least two slaying medals now its not the only thing they removed
    Beogard wrote: »
    As one member of Ascension I can tell you that until recently I had only green medals, a celtic sagaris of the hero, and a single green lightning offensive rune, yet managed to hit the 500k vp reward consistently and place within the top 25. I haven't played as hard this event or the last one, but it's definitely possible to place well on the leaderboards if you play well and use most of the free energy, including vials.

Yes, the high VP players have better medals, but most of us still have blue medals or worse.

As to old vs. new fairness, everyone's starting over (for medals) in the Siren and Gorgon events. Many of us saved Emperor tokens so that we could buy a blue medallion right off the get go, but not many have bought enough medals to evolve a purple yet.

Your bigger threat comes from the players who bought the Deimos weapons, when they were still available. There's always going to be a degree of unfairness to the medallion system; it's how Glu earns money. My advice is to focus on requesting the return of previously available weapons and armor, or wait for the release of new zones, which should also introduce more powerful equipment.

Yeah I went a little crazy this event. I think I wanted to see how high I could get and how long I could stay there. And I have to admit, in part I wanted to see how long it would take before someone accused me of hacking (This last one was answered today for me lol).

The weapons and gear is yet another issue and one I have voice my concern on.

IDK I still think the medallions is a bit much. If anything maybe have a small streak multiplier ? It would achieve the same thing, allow everyone (free players, low spenders and high spenders) to all benefit, and actually reward skill far more than it would undergoing transactions.
    Ok Mac, you don't seem to take anything in.
    Anyway gl with complaints and gaming.
    Ok Mac, you don't seem to take anything in.
    Anyway gl with complaints and gaming.

On what basis am I not taking anything in ?

The fact I dont roll over and agree with you, or that I agree with some things you believe in, but have a different view on others ?

Or is it that I simply dont roll over and die instead of thinking up alternatives, that the devs (no matter how unlikely) might think about trying.
    On what basis am I not taking anything in ?

The fact I dont roll over and agree with you, or that I agree with some things you believe in, but have a different view on others ?

Or is it that I simply dont roll over and die instead of thinking up alternatives, that the devs (no matter how unlikely) might think about trying.

No because, at 1st you are yapping on about what an unrivalled advantage the players that’s been around for long has over you since they have been collecting better medallions throughout the Tournamnets that’s been in the past. We remind you that the latest Tournaments are new tournaments and everyone is entering them on the same basis. The free medallions from the past aren't affecting anything, and people wanting to get purp/gold medallions have to buy them today pretty much the same way as earlier. Also even if it did it would not be unfair. Thats like joining any game and then say it´s unfair everyone else have so much more gold then you cause they have been playing for years.

You then concentrate on how unfair of an advantage the payers have which is pretty much the exact same advantage they have in every f2p game out there except a handful of em. And I remind you that the game is free to the ones not paying anything because of the payers, not talking about only big payers or myself. You say that is not correct and start yapping on about how we think we are better than the rest. I state the fact that only 0.15% of players account for half of a free-to-play game revenue. You ignore it and continue to talk about how unfair everything is against you. Others say they are doing just great without being big spenders. I myself started spending big not long ago and up until then I had pretty much only spent some on bag-space and still was one of the top players of the game.

Bottom line is, I too am seriously against the fact Glu have chosen to remove some items that once was available so if you were complaining about that I would 100% back you on that. But I do not agree with you when you complain about a disadvantage because others have been playing for so much longer or paying so much more and therefore have better stuff then you.
    SD,

at what point is your 0.15% figure relevant ? I never said he entire player base paid cash. There you go again not reading a post properly.

Its ok though bud, you carry on in your tunnel vision approach. You paid cash, you got given something so clearly nothing to see here move along.
    What makes me different is I understand the need to make cash, but keeping it appealing to F2P players too. To me you cant see past your own self gain in fear of losing out too much.

Cant win them all I guess.
    Isn't it funny how the players that have been "accused" have all stopped smashing in vp all of a sudden.guilty conscience coming into play or an attempt to hold back and hope they don't notice very strange !!!
    Sos1980 wrote: »
    Isn't it funny how the players that have been "accused" have all stopped smashing in vp all of a sudden.guilty conscience coming into play or an attempt to hold back and hope they don't notice very strange !!!

Including you I noticed !

I can tell you why I stopped. I used up all my aether pots and about 2000 gems to get to where I am.

I cannot reset the energy with no gems or aether pots now can I.

Whats your story SoS cause you stopped smashing it at around the time you started accusing others. And youve barely remained ahead of me since.

And in anticipation of your next question, I cannot justify buying more for this event. I would need to be rank 5 or higher to actually see a benefit, and with all top 5 gaining about 1 mill per day, for me currently its a war of cash. And something im not prepared to get into.

Over to you.....for your explanation.
    BTW, until I pick up my ipad I cannot give EXACT numbers. But at the time of writing this I believe I have around 309 Guild tributes. And my score is about 1,800,000. If you divide my VP by my tributes youll get 5825.2 VP per fight on average.

So given how I do regularly get 7-8k and occassionally 10-12k per fight, and also sometimes I die with 0 vp, id say it works out and averages very well..... wouldnt you.
  • BeogardBeogard Registered Users 62 Posts
    maybe have a small streak multiplier ? It would achieve the same thing, allow everyone (free players, low spenders and high spenders) to all benefit, and actually reward skill far more than it would undergoing transactions.

If you set things up so that everyone can achieve the same results regardless of how much they spend (in dollars or in time), players will stop spending money.

If you want to continue playing for free, someone has to pay for you. That's what the weekly tournaments are for. Removing incentives to pay is the worst thing you can do; it'd lead to things like the implementation of an energy system, or free players only being able to level up part way, or not have access to the best weapons or armor.

Not being able to win a few extra Emperor token or a rune from the player board is not so bad. F2P players can still join top guilds and earn the #1 guild prize. Things could be a lot worse. They are on most games.
    I stopped hitting vp because of hackers like you lot.im not even gonna attempt to compete with your likes that's why i probably did 15 rounds last 2 days.spent my time and did easy and normal on my lower classes to attempt to get the lvl 36 weapon for them both.you are not the only one that's stopped all of a sudden