Options

Slayer & Calling Medallions accessibility

2Next

Comments

• Options
    TheMacTheMac Registered Users 91 Posts
    Beogard wrote: »
    If you set things up so that everyone can achieve the same results regardless of how much they spend (in dollars or in time), players will stop spending money.

If you want to continue playing for free, someone has to pay for you. That's what the weekly tournaments are for. Removing incentives to pay is the worst thing you can do; it'd lead to things like the implementation of an energy system, or free players only being able to level up part way, or not have access to the best weapons or armor.

Not being able to win a few extra Emperor token or a rune from the player board is not so bad. F2P players can still join top guilds and earn the #1 guild prize. Things could be a lot worse. They are on most games.

Well thats not what I meant Beogard.

And yeah I realise I may not have explained it properly.

So ill clear it up a little. At present there are 3 things which significantly improve a persons VP gain.

The ability to recharge your energy (Costs $$$$$)
    Slayer medallion for extra damage (Costs $$$$$)
    Medallion of Summoning (costs $$$$$)

What this currently means is, that those who have higher gear and earned it, obviously can kill more and earn more VP, and this is perfect. Your rewarding hard work.
    However, those capable of spending enough can summon AND kill 5x as much (due to medallions) AND also constantly recharge their energy. Although due to being able to do 5x as much VP per fight means the latter is not as important.

The setup also means that as a free player you can not hope to catch up a serious money player (eg look at the top 5. All are above 3 million, the F2P players in our guild are all circa 500k-600k).
    So the 2.4 Million VP difference currently is partly down to hard work from having got the gear, but much more largely due to the medallions & recharging. Skill doesnt really come into it at all.

If we though replaced just the medallions with a multiplier which over say 6 fights built up to a say 5x increase in summoning and slaying, this 1 change would promote skill. The longer you can win fights the longer your streak and multiplier holds. If you lose one, you lose your streak and multiplier.

Those with gear still have the gear advantage, those with the cash still have the spirit & recharge of energy advantage.
    All it would mean is that we close the gap a little between the 3 million and 500k goal posts.

Does that make more sense as to what I was suggesting ?

I realise some spenders may not be happy, because they would then have to put effort in, but isnt that also meant to be part of the point in a game like this ? I mean whats the point in playing if all one literally has to do is hit the buy now button.

And dont forget, this is coming from someone who has already spent a fair decent amount himself.
    Guild: Actives | Platform: IOS | Best Guild Rank: 1st | Recruiting?: Reserve | Click HERE to apply
  • Options
    Sos1980 wrote: »
    I stopped hitting vp because of hackers like you lot.im not even gonna attempt to compete with your likes that's why i probably did 15 rounds last 2 days.spent my time and did easy and normal on my lower classes to attempt to get the lvl 36 weapon for them both.you are not the only one that's stopped all of a sudden

There we go again. Accusing people with 0 proof. Did you know that in the UK its slander and given the various screen shots I have of you confirming you live in the UK be it Birmingham or Worcester and of your posts in the forum I have more than sufficient proof that your accusations of me are slanderous.

I just cannot be bothered to waste my time on a paranoid twerp who clearly needs to go to the doctors for some meds to calm the paranoia.

Personally the more you go on whining the more im beginning to think you may be abusing the system somehow. I mean why would someone really go to such lengths to put focus on others if it isnt to keep it off themselves because they know their doing something thats not classed as honest.

Seriously, stop being a muppet, grow a pair and grow up. I outplayed you and spent more than you this time. Pure and simple, learn to live with it FFS.
    Guild: Actives | Platform: IOS | Best Guild Rank: 1st | Recruiting?: Reserve | Click HERE to apply
  • Options
    Sos1980Sos1980 Registered Users 198 Posts
    So same as that bloke that has just knocked you outside top 10 hasn't even got 5k gs and has scored 2.2 million means he outplayed outspent both of us.this is why we strive to clear this game of hackers.if you don't appreciate what we do that's upto you but when it affects the while outcome of the game that's we stand up and take note.you ain't outplayed me and you may not of outspent me so if you want to go round saying things are slander shall I post the messages about you making slanderous remarks about myself to other people .
  • Options
    So same as that bloke that has just knocked you outside top 10 hasn't even got 5k gs and has scored 2.2 million means he outplayed outspent both of us.this is why we strive to clear this game of hackers.if you don't appreciate what we do that's upto you but when it affects the while outcome of the game that's we stand up and take note.you ain't outplayed me and you may not of outspent me so if you want to go round saying things are slander shall I post the messages about you making slanderous remarks about myself to other people .

Please do post them. Id love to see them.

Striving to clear a game of hackers or heats is one thing. Blindly accusing people without evidence is something else.

The way I see it you are hurting both me, my reputation, and my guilds reputation with zero evidence.

I have already welcomed a full on check of my account, I aint bluffing.

The only way to stop hacking is to close events down and take 3 weeks investigating each and every single account. But not even that will stop it.
    The only way to truly stop it is to make a game 100% online and server side with not a single shred of info, processing etc happening client side.

And yes I would argue I did outplay / outspend you this time around. Considering you are so keen on GS, the fact I am a reasonable chunk below you and havent got 45% ice resist on my gear and am just 300k behind you would be grounds enough to say I have put both more effort/skill in to keep up with you and had to have used more Aethers given the lower VP gains per fight.

But im gonna be honest ^^ means little to me, thats just comparing who has larger *****.

I couldnt care less if you spend your time grinding zeus, playing events, snooping around and thinking you found hackers. What I do care about though is you falsely accusing me and doing so repeatedly without a shred of proof or evidence.

All these posts calling us cheats and hackers and yet not 1 single shred of proof. Nothing, just a little paranoid being screaming 'OMG HACKERS'.

And sorry I dont buy your BS story about how you were spending but stopped thinking we hack. Why would you dot hat every single event ?
    If you felt soooo passionately about it you would not spend period, until such time it was sorted. But instead I notice the same pattern with you each and every event. Quick boost up high in the ranks and then coast along.
  • Options
    By the way where did I actually state that you personally was a hacker?if you have not noticed most of the the top players like santa and the solo guys are not even bothering due to the hacks
  • Options
    By the way where did I actually state that you personally was a hacker?if you have not noticed most of the the top players like santa and the solo guys are not even bothering due to the hacks
    Wow got a 7k player doing hard x now just ban all these guilds for having hackers in them.if ones got sure most of them have .yer they may buy gems but there using the hacks to get higher vp and further into tourney
    You saying Hackers ergo meaning more than 1 and in the post below you only mention 1 person. This post is HERE
    Thanks for letting me in the guild by the way if your gonna cheat at least cover your tracks
    Your direct response to me. The wording I take to mean you are directing it at me, ergo calling me a cheat.
    That post is located HERE
    Mac you are a Noob coming in trying to fool players that have played these games for GLU mor months and even years with ew3 .we know what a player is capable of doing and is so easy to spot them.so if you think you can hit hard x with 7k your joking yourself.and you cannot hit 18k on hard 2 with your gear and average so much.i could pisś all over you if needed and the rest of br guys averaging 10 mill plus is normal but as you can see there ain't no one gonna compwte with hackers like your guild and if you can't see it then your a blind fool.

You roundly saying I could not get an 18k vp round and you said 'hackers like your guild' now your calling the whole guild hackers.
    This post is posted HERE
    Isn't it funny how the players that have been "accused" have all stopped smashing in vp all of a sudden.guilty conscience coming into play or an attempt to hold back and hope they don't notice very strange !!!

No names mentioned, but posted in a thread started by me where other than you, SD and beo I am the only other one to score high VP. Unless you were insinuating SD was cheating (which you arent because SD is still smashing VP) you could only be referring to yourself or me...And I dont think youd accuse yourself would you.

Located HERE

Also, and this is not you, but instead one of your guildies
    Tom i have a legit question as i said i do not accuse you of nothing....not one of the top players had 18k rounds this event and we have 2 to 4k gs on you thats why sos is mad give me something so i can calm all that please

I took that to mean you were mad and accusing me of stuff simply because you could not manage an 18k vp round.

In fairness though I was then also shortly after told
    Oh sos managed it
    He could he is just sick of hacks that s why he is paranoid

See, all this added together you never once had to actually mention my name to make it clear you were implying me and my guild.
  • Options
    So as you see I never actually accused you personally so slander does not even come into it
  • Options
    So as you see I never actually accused you personally so slander does not even come into it

I have been on both sides of the fence myself. In that time ive gotten a very good grasp on what passes and what not. The fact you overwhelmingly implied is grounds enough.

But again I cant be bothered with this, its a game. Just do us all a favour and cease with all these BS posts. That is unless you have actual visual proof you can supply that proves beyond all doubt.
    Not 'we have been playing for 3 years' . Ive been driving for a great many years longer than that, doesnt mean im a qualified F1 racing driver round Nottinghamshire.
  • Options
    NathalyNathaly Registered Users 92 Posts
    Mac i asked you clearly and told you i believed you then elude kicked nashat for admitting attempting hacking and he accused drizzle not you now can BOTH of you stop the who has the bigger one please you do not hack but others do and the proofs are sent straight to dev team not on forum
  • Options
    Nathaly wrote: »
    Mac i asked you clearly and told you i believed you then elude kicked nashat for admitting attempting hacking and he accused drizzle not you now can BOTH of you stop the who has the bigger one please you do not hack but others do and the proofs are sent straight to dev team not on forum

SoS should have thought about that instead of saying we were a guild of hackers.

I dont know, im honestly questioning myself if im just better off moving on. I cant be doing with being called a hacker or cheat by some paranoid player every 5 minutes. My effective fun in this game has essentially been ruined.

The reason being is I cannot now justify ever trying again in fear of someone crying hacker.
  • Options
    BeogardBeogard Registered Users 62 Posts
    TheMac wrote: »
    At present there are 3 things which significantly improve a persons VP gain.

The ability to recharge your energy (Costs $$$$$)
    Slayer medallion for extra damage (Costs $$$$$)
    Medallion of Summoning (costs $$$$$)
    You explained it just fine.
    And that's how the system always has been.
    I did not join this game at launch, yet managed to place as high as #15 in the events without using gems and with only a celtic sagaris of the hero (still currently available in game) and one (green) thunder rune.

As your thread is specifically about medallions, I should remind you that you are at less of a disadvantage than I was, as Siren and Gorgon tournaments have just begun. You are not starting late, like I did. You do have more players as competition, but almost all of them are also F2P players.

However, those capable of spending enough can summon AND kill 5x as much (due to medallions) AND also constantly recharge their energy. Although due to being able to do 5x as much VP per fight means the latter is not as important.
    This is blatantly untrue. Say these whales do have the 5x medallions. You could have 2x medallions by the end of the tournament, which means they are only carrying 2.5x your bonus, not 5x.

Recharging energy is outside the initial scope of your thread, but as a player who refuses to pay to play, you should be happy that others will pay on your behalf.

I know you say you've bought gems, but the demeanor of your posts does not reflect this.
  • Options
    BeogardBeogard Registered Users 62 Posts
    I cant be doing with being called a hacker or cheat by some paranoid player every 5 minutes.

Just take it as the compliment it is. There's no greater gaming praise than to be doing so good that people think you're cheating.
  • Options
    Beogard wrote: »
    Just take it as the compliment it is. There's no greater gaming praise than to be doing so good that people think you're cheating.

Its in my nature that I find it disturbing :( .

But yeah, my post was an opinion and suggestion. I dont expect people to agree with me, and im not expecting to be right and everyone else wrong.

I merely explained it and presented it, the way I saw it, which for me hand on heart is the way it feels.

Everyones entitled to their own view though :) Its what makes discussing thing interesting.
  • Options
    FlyingvigilFlyingvigil Registered Users 61 Posts
    Bottom line is : two particular person have been accusing almost every top hitters in BGI for cheating / hacking.

Then , when the big hitters slowed down a little for some reasons, (whoch would be including my fellow guild members, which are continously on HoF didn't do much because we were disaapointed of not functioning guild button on feeder guild), they were accused of "guilty feeling".

But for the accuser, he slowed down because of other cheaters..

Hm.
  • Options
    Fly don't be shy just name me and nat I don't give a **** and neither would she probably.
  • Options
    NathalyNathaly Registered Users 92 Posts
    Hey fly yes i asked about ONE big hitter then i apologized profusely to santanera to name him and that because someone i trusted lied to me and told me he was hacking if you want the bottom line. Me and sos may be a little intense on posting about possible havkers but we are sick of them aren't you? On that a good day to you