How do I defeat Anubis?

vesthervesther Registered Users 63 Posts
Well, I'm going to see this question come out sooner or later, so I've opted to start a thread before the forums get flooded with the same question over and over again, not to mention making the subject line easy to search.

Anubis is actually an Ares with double the reaction time so your timing has to simply be faster as Anubis can be fast. Anubis has Ares's charge, but his charges are far faster.

Like Ares, Anubis will usually start by using two slashes with a dizzying stab. DO NOT ALLOW ANUBIS TO CONNECT WITH THE DIZZYING STAB. If this happens, Anubis will put you away. Sometimes, Anubis will slam his cane into the ground with an Ares-like wave that either has an equal or better gauge than Ares. Once Anubis is down to less than 60% of his life, then he'll change tactics. Usually he'll slam the ground and throw a wave of grabbing hands, maybe followed by either two slashes and a cane slam wave, then he'll charge. Remember Anubis is twice as fast as Ares. Unless you have a Yellow Tier 8 Weapon, expect Anubis to take a big beating and don't expect an A grade.

Barbaress: Use all active skills wisely and with good timing as you might not have time to slam your all on him. If you are having trouble with Anubis, watch this video: [video]https://youtu.be/tGCGNBxH69o[/video].

I'll try to snuff Legend Anubis as the Warlock, as soon as I have the necessary Gear Score required to snuff him. I have the purple Rohatyn of the Hero, so bear with the length of the videos.
Please read my rant before private messaging me. Thanks.

Comments

• JalatheaJalathea Registered Users 53 Posts
    Barbaress: Usually i start with a circle (out of habit, even if it doesn't do much against anubis :) ). When he starts charging, i fall into a pattern of “trap away - throw runes - normal attacks“ until he staggers or readies for ranged attacks. When he staggers, I use warcry. When he throws ranged, I trap away. Rinse and repeat.

Happy farming everyone :)
  • BlundercatBlundercat Registered Users 61 Posts
    Jalathea wrote: »
    Barbaress: Usually i start with a circle (out of habit, even if it doesn't do much against anubis :) ). When he starts charging, i fall into a pattern of “trap away - throw runes - normal attacks“ until he staggers or readies for ranged attacks. When he staggers, I use warcry. When he throws ranged, I trap away. Rinse and repeat.

Happy farming everyone :)
    Hey Jala,

I employ the same tactic, except I throw in Runes while he takes damage. When he is in defensive mode (doesn't take damage, or highly reduced damage taken), I will only set a trap on top of him to save myself from taking damage. Otherwise, I'd like to keep him out of slow motion, just to speed things up. For example, if he is doing a defensive mode charge, I will trap once to get away, then I will run further away about a quarter width of the arena, just so he stops short of me before doing his projectile move. That way, I can trap behind him to avoid taking damage and avoid slowing him down.