Rework of the Gear System

vesthervesther Registered Users 63 Posts
I've been thinking of this for a long time, and because all gear requires you to either snuff bosses, gods (i.e. Zeus), and/or use tribute tokens (which make me believe that I have a gambling problem because you have to buy tribute tokens with real money virtually), I've decided to come up with a solution to rework how getting gear works:
  • Instead of buying tribute tokens for real cash (causing some players to inhibit gambling problems), I think it's better if we earn them from daily tasks and/or side tasks, mission tasks are a given instead. Guild Tokens will still be earned through event fights, Hammers will only be earned by spending gems, Anvils will only be earned by ranking high in Beast Slaying Tourneys (as with Flames), but side/daily tasks should also include a chance to win Jeweler Tributes as well.
  • Emperor Tributes, Hephaestus Anvil and Hammers, Prometheus Flames should give you a chance to win future-proof, multi-tier, high-power gear instead of the tier that scales to your hero level. Gear should have full Level 60 stats when initially obtained, but 6 times the stats after it's been maxed out. Gear Set Items should have at least 5% more output than ordinary gear. This will help bump up the value of Premium Tribute Gear.
  • Shouldn't we have the ability to buy Legendary Gear with gems if we want to (ala Deer Hunter 2014)? Some people are having big trouble in the game, and can't afford to gamble too much. Also, would it be great if there was a "Rescue Gear Offer" (offering future-proof, multi-tier gear) just in case you are having trouble with the game? Per se, if you haven't played as the Gladiator for too much, you might be asked to buy a 3000 gem package which includes nothing but future-proof, multi-tier, high-powered gear set items for your heroes plus 8 drills for your heroes each.
  • There needs to be a new kind of element: Rainbow. This element will do elemental damage scaled to the weakness of your enemies. Also the Rainbow Resistance Spirits will scale to the attack properties of your enemies, reducing the amount of damage you take from those elements.
  • Rare, Epic, and Legendary Jewelry are deceptively named because even with the rarity by color, the name is the same. Metal and Birthstone Values are OK with Rare, but for Epic and Legendary, it should be named like this instead: Tier 1--Citizen; Tier 2--Socialite; Tier 3--Merchant; Tier 4--Jeweler; Tier 5--Legatus; Tier 6--Praetor; Tier 7--Proconsul; Tier 8--Senator; Tier 9--Emperor; Tier 10 (Not seen by players yet)--Pharoah. (i.e. Emperor Amulet of Hercules, Emperor Ring of Hercules).
  • I think there should be a new weapon and jewelry type given that both have 4 possible attribs, but only up to 3 properties. For Weapons, anything attack, chance of crits, crit damage, and increased item find should be dubbed "Guardian" whereas the jewelry that has crit chance, crit damage, energy reduction, and increased item find should be dubbed "Athena" or "Apollo". For example, "Freya Lochaber of the Guardian", "Emperor Ring of Athena or Apollo", "Emperor Amulet of Athena or Apollo".

That's all I have for these suggestions, however I have to observe the message size limits, so it's possible I might have to reply to this thread to ensure no message size limitations are violated at.
Please read my rant before private messaging me. Thanks.

Comments

• vesthervesther Registered Users 63 Posts
    Guild, Senator, and Citizen Tributes need to be reworked as well as Level 51 players and above will consider those tribs to be useless. Guild Tribs are only good for Aethers, Senator Tributes are only good until Level 49, but Citizen Tributes will be out of the question starting from Level 44. All tributes need to scale to your hero level with the exception of Guild Tributes, in which larger donations will allow you to get up to Guild Tribute Levels 7 and 8, which will allow you for a chance to win Tiers 8 and 9 Gear. Maybe Guild Level 10 would be great. Of course, the Guild Tribute Strength of each level would have to be adjusted.
  • EvilOneEvilOne Registered Users 16 Posts
    While the usefulness of senator and citizen tributes certainly does decrease after level thirty five or so, it still drops health and mana pots, coin bags, scrolls, etc that will always be useful no matter the level. Also with the adjustments to tribute events where citizen and guild tribute tokens now also give VP they have legs. Guild tributes you need to check again, mine is level eleven now I think and it has SET gear as possible drops. Set weapon even, while they are level thirty one I think they still beat lots of gear, and possibly senator tokens for usefulness. I would not mind some rework but it is not high on my list. Known bugs are much more important in my book, and the current drops aren't that bad.
  • vesthervesther Registered Users 63 Posts
    Now that we have the Egyptian Gear (Tier 10) in place, I think now would be a better time for Glu to actually consider putting up Multi-Tier, Future-Proof, Hi-Power, Hero-Scaling Gear on Emperor, Artemis, Hephaestus Hammers and Anvils, and Prometheus Flames. This way the gambling problem plaguing some of the community would be alleviated.