Weekend Events archive

Comments

• LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    The first gig gives 7 checkmarks so you'll get the cash reward. I'm thinking they had the event set out that we must be very punctual to complete it.

Yeah, and that does make sense. I'll wait until the end when we know more, but I have the feeling they didn't take into account that they have players living in different time zones and the event is optimized for those living in the US :/
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I hope everyone's stocked up on energy because gig 2 is 12 hours DX

I think it'll take maybe 50-60 energy to complete it if I had to guess?
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    Seriously?? I already knew I was going to have to grind to finish it, but there is no way I can manage that before I go to sleep. I still have to wait one hour until I can start and usually that's when I go to sleep. Really disappointing.
    Lii wrote: »
    Seriously?? I already knew I was going to have to grind to finish it, but there is no way I can manage that before I go to sleep. I still have to wait one hour until I can start and usually that's when I go to sleep. Really disappointing.

And after that gig it's another 12 hour wait. I'm going to try and use the 'rush' option when it gets to around/under 10 b-gems to speed up the process. It does seem like, however, that you get an item per event no matter what the points? so all you have to do is finish each event to earn whatever point percentage needed per thing? That's what it seems to be so far at least!

I like the idea of that but at the same time the wait times between each gig is a LOT and, sure, they want us to be occupied the entire weekend or simply pay a LOT to finish early but that seems a bit much?

#ComeBackVats
    update - just finished the 3rd gig, for the shoes, and it does prove that each completed gig will give you enough points for the item you are currently on.

The gig itself was for 12 hours but took maybe around 60 energy? At the moment, my biggest issue is these 12 hour wait times between the gigs. It's extremely inconvenient & an extremely long time to wait between them or having to pay upwards of 30 stars. I hope everyone who wants to complete this quest can!

#ComeBackVats
  • TTembTTemb Registered Users 86 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    update - just finished the 3rd gig, for the shoes, and it does prove that each completed gig will give you enough points for the item you are currently on.

The gig itself was for 12 hours but took maybe around 60 energy? At the moment, my biggest issue is these 12 hour wait times between the gigs. It's extremely inconvenient & an extremely long time to wait between them or having to pay upwards of 30 stars. I hope everyone who wants to complete this quest can!

I am not spending any gems to rush events that should have been rolled out earlier to compensate for those not in the USA ... This game is going to need some serious rethinking if anyone is actually going to pay to complete these events in time
    GC: TTemb
    Yeah, there was no way I could have completed this event except if I had set alarms in the middle of the night or paid to skip. Neither of those are actual options for me. In my book, skipping timers is cheating. I'm perfectly fine with that if someone wants or needs to take that route if they don't have as much time to put in the game, but a game needs to be playable without cheating otherwise it's not going to hold anyone's interest for long. It should be a bit challenging, but not impossible. I'm happy to pay for a game but not to cheat.
    Glu seriously needs to fine tune this type of weekend event, either by reducing the waiting periods or by increasing the time frame of the event (which I think would be more helpful for the different times zones).

Other than that I think this would have been a really cool event and I hope that they tweak it for the future.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Wait times are 8+12+12+12 = 1 day 20 hours.

We only had 2 days of time limit. So they expect us to complete an 8 hour gig and three 12 hour gig in 4 hours?

Oh god I need my sleep, only got to the 3rd item.

Nevertheless I think this is one of the best kind of event to do, just tweak the timing next time.
    PM to add
    TTemb wrote: »
    I am not spending any gems to rush events that should have been rolled out earlier to compensate for those not in the USA ... This game is going to need some serious rethinking if anyone is actually going to pay to complete these events in time
    Lii wrote: »
    Yeah, there was no way I could have completed this event except if I had set alarms in the middle of the night or paid to skip. Neither of those are actual options for me. In my book, skipping timers is cheating. I'm perfectly fine with that if someone wants or needs to take that route if they don't have as much time to put in the game, but a game needs to be playable without cheating otherwise it's not going to hold anyone's interest for long. It should be a bit challenging, but not impossible. I'm happy to pay for a game but not to cheat.
    Glu seriously needs to fine tune this type of weekend event, either by reducing the waiting periods or by increasing the time frame of the event (which I think would be more helpful for the different times zones).

Other than that I think this would have been a really cool event and I hope that they tweak it for the future.
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Wait times are 8+12+12+12 = 1 day 20 hours.

We only had 2 days of time limit. So they expect us to complete an 8 hour gig and three 12 hour gig in 4 hours?

Oh god I need my sleep, only got to the 3rd item.

Nevertheless I think this is one of the best kind of event to do, just tweak the timing next time.

Yeah, I did manage to complete the event -

tumblr_o91fnr5MrO1qfvh9po1_540.jpg

But only because I used some b-gems last night to rush the event 2 hours early - no way was I staying up until 4/5am - and maybe the one before it? IDK

The time/energy it took me to complete the 12 hours gigs was semi-reasonable (60 or so energy seems to do it for both, so roughly 2 full energy bars which shakes out to roughly 5 hours(?) with non stacking) but those wait times are Toxic! Why so long? I do like that completing each event with 5 stars gave you the points needed for the item you were on but that waiting time between was really out to lunch.

I hope the next weekend event is a dating & hangouts thing perhaps? We've yet to get another of those in the month the game launched worldwide and I'd like it as long as it doesn't take twice as long/twice as many points to complete the last item. I'm just annoyed that things get harder for fair players because of the cheaters, it's unfair!

#ComeBackVats
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Done!
    jTLiXi2.png?1

Congrats Andrzej!

About the event, as Nai said the premise is really good, but at this point of the gameplay where most of us are at low levels (I'm at 10 now) the experience can be frustrating or tiresome.

I'm sure that in the future when we get an energy bar with 30+ bolts and a good amount of pets and free transportation between cities, it's gonna be more doable.

Here's my experience to complete the event. It should have started at 4pm here (Noon at PST), but it came past 5pm. The first gig would be ready to start at 1am, I generally wake up once or twice during the sleep hours so I knew that I would do at least a shift during the night.

I woke up 1 minute before the gig was ready, used all my glorious 27 energy bolts (2 from my West LA cat) and got back to sleep. Two hours later I finished the gig.

I panic when I saw that the followed gig had a 12h timer, so I started to stock up energy until de gig was ready. The cat drops energy at every couple of hours and I got energy from the spin wheel.

My bar was at 41 when the second gig was ready, had to wait another couple of hours to complete this one.

Another 12h timer and more energy saving. I set the clock to wake up me at the exact time that was around 5am, more waiting to the energy to fill up and at 7am was done with the third one.

More waiting, more stocked energy, one more gig started, another couple of hours later and wrap up my first 'grind' event pheew!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • ania102ania102 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Did anyone have a problem with the event? I just finished the last event to get the dress but didnt get it. The game says i have 4ish hrs left until the event actually ends so i have no clue why i didn't get the last item. I actually spent gems (which i usually NEVER do!) to rush the last event so i'm a little upset about that.
  • nividnivid Registered Users 133 Posts
    ania102 wrote: »
    Did anyone have a problem with the event? I just finished the last event to get the dress but didnt get it. The game says i have 4ish hrs left until the event actually ends so i have no clue why i didn't get the last item. I actually spent gems (which i usually NEVER do!) to rush the last event so i'm a little upset about that.

The same thing happened to me! I spent 20 Gems to speed up the event & when I finished the awards thingy, Anne called about not making it on time for a meeting or something. I'm so mad!! I wasted 20 Gems & didn't even get the final prize while the event is still going on :mad:
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ♢ KKH: Allison
    PM me for my Facebook (Ios only!)
  • annamorgauseannamorgause Registered Users 35 Posts
    The exact same thing happened to me, too. I spent b-gems, completed the event and then got told I lost and didn't get the prize. It sucks to see other people have the same issue. And if it happened to people on this forum (which is surely a small percentage of users) imagine how many people who don't post on here had it happen to them.
    Star ID: 78J42Y5L
    Congrats Andrzej & Vats!

I still think they must tweak the timings! It is too rigid.

Btw I just checked and Jax doesn't have the event shoes in his closet :confused:
    PM to add
  • yodilityodilit Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 31 Posts
    ania102 wrote: »

Sucks that this is happening to other people, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who spent gems only to have the last event not work. I used gems to rush the event and then the event disappeared so I had no chance of getting the last item. Waste of gems and time.
  • GluJennGluJenn Registered Users 80 Posts
    Hi all,

Please submit a ticket if you completed the event but did not get the reward. I'm sorry this event was a bit frustrating for people and we're looking into the possibility of changing how the timers operate for this event type so folks have a better opportunity to complete when they've made the effort.

GluJenn
    Thank U GluJenn, hope that possibility comes through.

I can't send a ticket about not receiving the reward yet because my ticket is still pending for the pre-reg cap. Hey Vats you received yours yet?
    PM to add
    TYNbB1I.jpg
    PM to add
    I like that dress is very romantic!

Today I got the 'Dragon' bundle, too bad that I'm broke(on so many senses TBH lol), the red dragon shoes are love!

Abou the cap Nai, not yet, but that was progress last time I received the message that should contain the cap, but it loaded forever and nothing at the end! We're still on talk!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    6/24/16 - Dates & Hangouts event:

tumblr_o998yy1qaM1qfvh9po1_540_zpsovjw08by.jpg

I LOVE this dress! the flower too (the shoes? maybe if they were a more brown sandal and/or a high heel wedge?) and YES for a dates/hangouts event. Hopefully the boys get something cute to match :3

between this & KKH I have a busy weekend ahead for sure.

#ComeBackVats
    The girls items are really nice, I'm going to try to get everything this time. Any tips? So far 1 date got me 10 points.

Heres the guys. Floral to match.

6pYhkrG.png
    PM to add
    Did the event already started to you Nai?

Mine start on half hour. I like the shades the rest is not my thing, but I need more clothes to keep my bonus star always there so of course I'll give my best.

Invictus is dating this redhead guy for inspiration lately, but still doesn't have a hot date.

Where is the best place to date?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Yes it started for me when I checked my game at the time I posted. But now that I look at Andrzej's post with countdown timer, it shouldn't have started yet at that time. How weird!?

I just earned the 2nd item for both games, a lot of tapping! Not sure where is the best, but I've been dating in Starbeans lol.

So far these are the points needed. Each 3h date gives 10 points. I've done a total of 5 dates, so tiring!!
    1st item: 20 points
    2nd item: 30 points
    3rd item: 50 points
    PM to add
    You can also do regular hangouts with friends. I'm not sure what the benefit of being on a higher friendship level is, but I think that maybe it reduces the time until you can invite the friend to a gig again? Or is that wishful thinking?

Another theory that I just made up but haven't confirmed yet is that you need less energy on hang outs for people with less fans? I went on a couple of hang outs with one person and never used up all my energy and then I went on a hangout with a new contact that had more fans than the other and I used up all my energy, plus needed to go out to tap for one more bolt.

Sorry for all the speculations but I figured if someone else had an eye out as well it's easier to confirm or debunk them.
    I've been doing hangouts with Sara our bestie. I'll try someone with less fans later.

I only noticed that the actions that you need to spend money on give out more points. But I'm broke in BSAD.
    PM to add
    The last item is 80 points.

Invictus is dating at the Starbeans at every two hours when his energy and pet are refilled, has been working well for me, didn't tried anything else I need 4 more dates to go, so this night I'll probably will be done, yay!

If anyone confirm that other way is easier, please come back and tell us!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    I need to 2 more dates/hangouts. I tapped a lot yesterday for fear of not completing.

It's so weird on Xan's game, her progress is 57/80... It's like after completing one hangout the game gave me 7 event points instead of 10.
    PM to add
    Vats wrote: »
    The last item is 80 points.

Invictus is dating at the Starbeans at every two hours when his energy and pet are refilled, has been working well for me, didn't tried anything else I need 4 more dates to go, so this night I'll probably will be done, yay!

If anyone confirm that other way is easier, please come back and tell us!

I've been using the starbeans for that very reason ;3

Sara & I have been having coffee after coffee and I'm 6(?) or so dates away from being finished myself. I really appreciate that this event was more managable than last week's too.

#ComeBackVats
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    What time does the event start on your time zones? I think that I started the event lately.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

tumblr_o9danpJ4s01qfvh9po1_540_zpsinjflado.jpg

I should've gone to bed already but it's not like I have anywhere to go tomorrow XD

This ended up being a nicely manageable event for me and I'm so grateful for that.
    What time does the event start on your time zones? I think that I started the event lately.

Mine started Friday at 12pm EST/9am PST but last week's event started at 3pm EST/12pm PST and the others have been as well IIRC?

#ComeBackVats