newbie guns way underpowered

obiwanobiwan Registered Users 4 Posts
Just started playing this game, and think it's really fun so far! However, I reached a point where only veteran contracts are available, and just can't get past these levels. I can understand that I need better weapons in order to get one shot kills. But seriously, I need to shoot a guy point blank in the face 7 or 8 times for the shotgun to take someone down. I think the power of the guns need to be reevaluated, or at least give more easy contracts so I can level grind and get better weapons.

Another thing, Glu really wants me to drop anywhere from $20-100 or more per decent weapon? A bit extreme! At the very least, give an option for $5 to open double earnings. I wouldn't mind paying for that. But I am seriously not dropping $20+ for a decent sniper rifle.

Comments

• deserteagle.50deserteagle.50 Registered Users 25 Posts
    Forget the shot gun, stick with the basic sniper and try and buy a silencer. If you can kill with Melee and stay unseen, then there are fewer enemies and you can slowly build.

I have not spent any money and am fully tooled up. Once you have anything decent to shoot with the Weekend Special Events are a good way of getting free extras, but you need a top weapon to complete!

Another tip - don't worry about finishing contracts, look at the Challenges and focus on doing enough to complete these. In a Contract you can kill everyone but instead of finishing it, PAUSE and QUIT, the kills still count towards a challenge. The Challenges help build free credits!!
  • hlustre05hlustre05 Registered Users 21 Posts
    When i first played the game, the newbie guns are just right and you can finish contracts and eventually get better weapons. But as the game progressed and better weapons were introduced, the newbie guns became useless. Right now, the "deanimator" gun has about 7000+ power versus the newbie weapons which have 180-200+ power, the gap is too wide. So newbies will really get affected by this and with the current newbie weapons and the power they have, it is impossible to get even just to the fifth tier prize (free weapon but not the grand prize) and i feel that this game will only be dominated by old players or by players who can afford to buy better weapons..the game will not attract newbies.
    obiwan wrote: »
    Just started playing this game, and think it's really fun so far! However, I reached a point where only veteran contracts are available, and just can't get past these levels. I can understand that I need better weapons in order to get one shot kills. But seriously, I need to shoot a guy point blank in the face 7 or 8 times for the shotgun to take someone down. I think the power of the guns need to be reevaluated, or at least give more easy contracts so I can level grind and get better weapons.

Another thing, Glu really wants me to drop anywhere from $20-100 or more per decent weapon? A bit extreme! At the very least, give an option for $5 to open double earnings. I wouldn't mind paying for that. But I am seriously not dropping $20+ for a decent sniper rifle.
  • obiwanobiwan Registered Users 4 Posts
    Just as an update, I did a bunch of tapjoy offers for credits, and raised enough to get an XSR-50 while it was on sale for 600 credits. Now getting through contracts is much easier! I also got a silencer, as well as a 3x scope for non-sniper missions.