Special event ! (6-9-2013)

ZENPLAZAHLZENPLAZAHL Registered Users 6 Posts
[IMG][/img]1239004_561719793883204_953445052_n_zps5e3145f0.jpg

[IMG][/img]1185504_561719833883200_1983238336_n_zpsff10c110.jpg
Prev1

Comments

• hlustre05hlustre05 Registered Users 21 Posts
    The prize is "desert fox" which has been the prize in one of the last weekend events..i already got one. I'm still gonna play thoug to get the 1-5th tier prizes..I won't do my best to get the prize. Good luck everyone.
  • Crono1Crono1 Registered Users 26 Posts
    Is it just me or does the de-animator make challanges real easy?
  • obiwanobiwan Registered Users 4 Posts
    Ugh, just getting to 320k. Any tips on getting a higher score? I was reading somewhere to use a bunch of reactix and get only headshots. Sounds tough!
    obiwan wrote: »
    Ugh, just getting to 320k. Any tips on getting a higher score? I was reading somewhere to use a bunch of reactix and get only headshots. Sounds tough!

Unless you have a gun capable of multi kills, head shots only and using reactix is the only way, good luck man
    Crono1 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the de-animator make challanges real easy?

Yep, it does makes all challenges easy.
    obiwan wrote: »

Even if i have the best weapons in my arsenal, reactix, headshots, x10 kill all the time, and speed still works best for me. Try harder, concentrate, make every second count. Don't forget to be seen right away at the very beginning before the first reactix that you're gonna use.
    hlustre05 wrote:
    buada_bu wrote:
    Hi hlustre...
    seems you are the best to approach to ask some help...hope you dont mind...

have failed 20x with this weekend's challenge...dont know what im doing wrong...

1) using a wraith, find that acog (faster shooting for me) is easier for me than telescopic...with telescopic, the opposite (slower for me, as i cannot see where they are)...what do you propose?

2) have used both the full reactrix method and the press when needed method...have failed both...highest score only reaches 360,000....
    should the first 10 victims also be headshots?

3) are running headshots better than standing headshots?

4) i think ive read (or mis-read?), DONT finish off boss heli?

thanks in advance for your help!!

regards
    buada_bu

Hi, glad I could be of help to you. You know what, Wraith was my favorite weapon before "The Mamba", which I am now using, came in. The Mamba looks like a Wraith but is more powerful (4,000+) and with a "knockback" special. The Mamba is the first best weapon which I earned from the weekend special event months ago and I used the Wraith to get it. How did do it? Here's how and this is still the formula/technique/tactic/method that I am using to get the prizes at the special events even if I have the "De-animator" in my arsenal which is currently the best weapon in terms of power available in CK2.

First of all, the points to get for weekend special event before was only 360k. They (Glu) made it harder now by increasing it to 420k. Even so, you can still pass the event and get the prize by using reactix, headshots, maintain x10 kills all the time, and speed. But before using any reactix, make yourself known or seen by the enemies by missing the first shot near one of the enemies. When that enemy discovered you and started firing at you which will alert others and get others to run to kill you, start using reactix and use it all the time. This will slow the time down so with accuracy and speed, go for headshots all the time and ensure that the x10 kills is always running. It is ok to miss a few headshots or totally missing the shots, you'll be fine still. Just keep focused and concentrated in your shots. Specific answers to your questions:
    1. I won "The Mamba" as a prize by using Wraith with an ACOG scope, similar to what you have now so you can do it too.
    2. Like I said, I used and still using the full reactix method, that is, reactix all the time. You can get reactix by finishing off or not finishing contracts.
    3. When reactix is on, standing headshots and running headshots (for enemies) doesn't matter as long as you make the headshot kill, the point is still the same. Of course, it's a little harder to shoot enemies who are running but since they move slow when reactix is on and with practice, you can make headshots almost all the time. Another tip is that I am always standing (not taking any cover at all) when I make my first up to the last shot. Aside from wearing an armor, I use medical kit when my health is low..but I don't dodge any shot from the enemies.
    4. Finish off the boss heli, that is part of the game.

Hope that helps.
  • buada_bubuada_bu Registered Users 10 Posts
    Thanks hlustre!! PM sent...
    buada_bu wrote: »
    Thanks hlustre!! PM sent...

I posted your PM/question..I know that other players may have the same question/s as you have and so I shared it and my answers to everyone. I also know there are lots of experienced players here like Fallen and so take their advice as well or at least try them out the way you accepted or tried my advice.
    Hi Hlustre... what is a "knockbock"??... well i dont have that crossbow any longer either....
    Hi Hlustre... what is a "knockbock"??... well i dont have that crossbow any longer either....

"knockback" is a weapon special where an enemy is literally knocked back or thrown back (as if they got kicked by a horse) when the arrow/bullet hit them. i only saw this knockback special in The Mamba which is a crossbow weapon..you can't find it in other weapons.
    hlustre05 wrote: »
    "knockback" is a weapon special where an enemy is literally knocked back or thrown back (as if they got kicked by a horse) when the arrow/bullet hit them. i only saw this knockback special in The Mamba which is a crossbow weapon..you can't find it in other weapons.
    It was alson on the "lion tamer" shotgun avaliable only 2 weeks ago for a $50 purchase
    It was alson on the "lion tamer" shotgun available only 2 weeks ago for a $50 purchase

Ahh i see...but even with a power of 3000? it wasnt a 1 shot kill huh...?
    so with this new grenade launcher, do multiple kills get higher points than headshots, when in special events??
    Ahh i see...but even with a power of 3000? it wasnt a 1 shot kill huh...?
    so with this new grenade launcher, do multiple kills get higher points than headshots, when in special events??

No, i don't think so. Multiple kills, from the term itself, will make your work/easier as you will kill multiple enemies with one shot but it won't get you more points. I tried using the Deanimator for special events; I just did with the current special event, and actually finish it easily with more time left but I didn't get me the grand prize..I did not reach 430k points. So headshots are still the way to get the prize and that is why I'm sticking to using The Mamba (or an upgraded Wraith) for special events. Btw, The Mamba is the prize for this week's special event. Go get it!
    It was alson on the "lion tamer" shotgun avaliable only 2 weeks ago for a $50 purchase

Yeah, i've seen that too. Thanks for the added info.
    Has anyone else noticed the special events are redicoulously hard now? (Don't know if I spelled that right)
    I got the weapon, but by a hair. If it goes up again, I don't think I could win it.
  • jus256jus256 Registered Users 24 Posts
    I finally won a special event. The first time I tried it I got noticed right away and reeled off a bunch of reactix. I ended up running out of time. I had enough cards left to get me up to 60 reactix for the second run. I did the same thing with firing off a shot at the ceiling then reeling off all of my reactix. I got 100% headshots and it still came down to the boss with less than a minute left. I didn't think I would make it even if I had gotten the boss. There is no room for mistakes.
  • Fa81enFa81en Registered Users 44 Posts
    I did it with the de-animator.
    After a few tries, I reached between 390,000 and 404,000 pts without reactix.
    I don't know how but reactix seems to increase the score with the de-animator because I reached 444,000 pts by using reactix all the way long (18 pills were enough)
    Fa81en wrote: »
    I did it with the de-animator.
    After a few tries, I reached between 390,000 and 404,000 pts without reactix.
    I don't know how but reactix seems to increase the score with the de-animator because I reached 444,000 pts by using reactix all the way long (18 pills were enough)

I tried the deanimator for the current special event, i got 411,000 points without any reactix and with so much time left. I'm sure i could reach 420k points or more had i used reactix all the way as u did
    hlustre05 wrote: »
    I tried the deanimator for the current special event, i got 411,000 points without any reactix and with so much time left. I'm sure i could reach 420k points or more had i used reactix all the way as u did

How did you do it ?
    This week-end, my best score without reactix is 395,00 pts.
    But I stay undetected the whole time... Maybe I should get spotted to get the points from killing the snipers ?
    I'm getting close...
    I just reached 425,000 pts without reactix !
  • adaminkkadaminkk Registered Users 52 Posts
    I hate special challenges, I always seem to get my head knocked by an enemy that I couldn't see before I finish it. I wonder if it's a bug, I still have a lot of time before that happens
    I tried to change my avatar, now I can't even see my face. Kids, don't change your avatar :p
    adaminkk wrote: »
    I hate special challenges, I always seem to get my head knocked by an enemy that I couldn't see before I finish it. I wonder if it's a bug, I still have a lot of time before that happens

Get spotted at the beginning : the enemies will come to you and you won't run out of time
    I'm getting close...
    I just reached 425,000 pts without reactix !

Damned it ! I can't do better than 439,212 pts after a few tries !!!
    That's it ! I reached 442,461 pts without reactix !
    But I actually don't know how you can maximise your score with the de-animator (there is no bonus points for headshot)...
    I just finished the event with 444,709 points with seconds to spare. I earned the gun when the helicopter was destroyed even before I shot the last sniper. I can't figure out why I only got 444,709. the sniper should have been worth more than a few hundred points. i assume they stopped counting points after I won the gun. There were fewer than 20 guns left before I started the event and there were less than 40 minutes left. I didn't think it I was going to make it. I think I only missed one head shot and only got two of the double damage boosts.
    Does anybody else have the problem where you gun is pointed toward the action then all of a sudden you are looking at a wall even though you never actually rotated your view? That happened to me at least 3 times during this event. I was lucky I was still able to finish it in time.
    jus256 wrote: »
    Does anybody else have the problem where you gun is pointed toward the action then all of a sudden you are looking at a wall even though you never actually rotated your view? That happened to me at least 3 times during this event. I was lucky I was still able to finish it in time.

Yes, I happened to me, in some situations during regular contracts (at the airport or at the Paris train Station).
    I presume it's a bug...
    Yes, I happened to me, in some situations during regular contracts (at the airport or at the Paris train Station).
    I presume it's a bug...

It happens to me during regular contracts also. I was wondering if it was just me. I wonder if it was ever reported.
    I just won the Widowmaker using a combination of the Deanimator and the Ranger Model 12. I was able to finish with 490,107 points with plenty of time to spare. I did use reactix but because I was just experimenting to see what would happen, I didn't count what I used. I think I started with 63 but I now have 21. I started off using the Ranger to make sure I got a bunch of headshots because earlier I tried it few times with just the deanimator and I fell around 20K points short. I also did a side by side comparison to see if certain enemies would give more points depending on which gun you used. The Ranger gained more points with headshots compared to any shot with the Deanimator on the same type of enemy. I started off with the ranger for a couple of minutes. I would switch off from time to time to the deanimator. I would switch back to the Ranger for headshots if I happened to hit the bonus guy and got the double damage bonus. I never thout I would get that many points. I was shocked at how fast I won the gun.