Dollars to credits exchange

andy-blackandy-black Registered Users 24 Posts
I know I'm probably beating a dead horse and I've often wondered this about the original Contract Killer as well, but why can't I exchange currency on the game for credits so I can buy more guns and med kits and stuff. I have like $3.5 mil left in cash (on the game, not in real life) and I'd like to spend it on something besides flash bangs and tactical knives. I'm sure you've heard this one before and I know that allowing this would possibly reduce Glu Games' revenue, but I just thought I would be the one to make this suggestion. Who's with me? :cool:

Comments

• ceastonceaston Registered Users 29 Posts
    I'm with you
  • OflunraOflunra Registered Users 6 Posts
    andy-black wrote: »
    I know I'm probably beating a dead horse and I've often wondered this about the original Contract Killer as well, but why can't I exchange currency on the game for credits so I can buy more guns and med kits and stuff. I have like $3.5 mil left in cash (on the game, not in real life) and I'd like to spend it on something besides flash bangs and tactical knives. I'm sure you've heard this one before and I know that allowing this would possibly reduce Glu Games' revenue, but I just thought I would be the one to make this suggestion. Who's with me? :cool:
    im in bro!
  • rolandroland Registered Users 8 Posts
    I'm with you with that. We should be able to exchange dollars to credits. Me I got almost million but can't buy anything except minimal arsenal. Hopefully med kits or magazines or silencers are part which we can buy from the dollars.
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    roland wrote: »
    I'm with you with that. We should be able to exchange dollars to credits. Me I got almost million but can't buy anything except minimal arsenal. Hopefully med kits or magazines or silencers are part which we can buy from the dollars.

So I pulled this from some of our FAQs (which I am in the process of porting over):

"As with most of our games, this title has two currencies, a "soft" and a "hard" currency. In this game the soft currency is not convertable to the hard currency. Soft currency is easily earned in-game and will generally accumulate a surplus. It is normal to wind up with more soft currency than will be spent. The "hard" currency is more difficult to obtain, is more valuable, and is used to purchase the game's premium items and power-ups, allowing one to progress much more quickly. Hard currency is mostly obtained via online purchase or may be obtained free through completion of Special Offers."

The hard currency/soft currency distinction is part of the freemium model, so unless there is a special promotion, they remain separate.
  • RaxxidRaxxid Registered Users 1 Posts
    I'm in too bro...!
    My suggesion is this that there must be a converter in the game for soft/hard currency and i think this will increase the number of users and atract new players, so this is important for Glu team to atract new players rather than sticking to the policy of retaining the old ones, as all progressive organisations are trying to atract new customers.
  • Daddyof8Daddyof8 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I think I am going to quit playing this game, because it is getting to expensive for me to play. Everything costs real money. So why would I play this game when there are many other games out there that don't cost as much if anything at all.
  • Mazz2468Mazz2468 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I agree that there should be more options available to spend soft money earned
  • niecy15niecy15 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I agree i was thinking the se thing it would be a better help
  • Devil insideDevil inside Registered Users 3 Posts
    Absolutely agree too expensive and should be able to halve better options for converting cash to credits but that doesn't help developer make millions does it..... I've quit too....no more from glu!
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Absolutely agree too expensive and should be able to halve better options for converting cash to credits but that doesn't help developer make millions does it..... I've quit too....no more from glu!

Thanks all for the feedback. This thread is now closed.
This discussion has been closed.