Options

Video Ads reward failure

FirstFoxFirstFox Registered Users 13 Posts
Sometime during the 7th, I have been experiencing problems with the video ad reward system. It appears that ever since some point in time, watched videos failed to transfer gold into my account, I'm posting here because Tapjoy only troubleshoots problems for their offers, not the video advertisements.

While this experience has been noted before, the solution is to wait several hours for the system to kick in, yet it has been at least a day and a half. I was curious if any of you might have an idea on what might be occurring or a way to possibly fix it.

Comments

• Options
    It appears that any form of video-related rewards, whether it is throwing knives, med kits, or gold bars, the system is unable to transfer them to me. typically after a video or even "you will receive your reward shortly" notice, the second pop-up confirmimg the reward in your account hasn't appeared since at least a day ago.
  • Options
    SCPERKINS2010SCPERKINS2010 Registered Users 5 Posts
    I am also having problems receiving my video winnings. I have watched numerous videos and I have not received my gold, or weapons. I do receive my 5 bars of gold when I level up. But nothing else.
  • Options
    TomisbanginTomisbangin Registered Users 7 Posts
    I too have experienced a similar problem with video related winnings. The amount of time it takes for the system to "kick in" and drop all the gold and prizes varies. Sometimes it happens in just a couple hours but other times it takes 24hrs+. I am not sure why the immediate rewarding system changed. I used to receive the rewards instantly. I hope this is an issue they intend to resolve and not an intended change to the game. It would be great if a gluadmin would respond one way or the other.
  • Options
    JeansjerbearJeansjerbear Registered Users 3 Posts
    Could it be because u have a form of pop up blocker interfering with the reward
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    FirstFox wrote: »
    Sometime during the 7th, I have been experiencing problems with the video ad reward system. It appears that ever since some point in time, watched videos failed to transfer gold into my account, I'm posting here because Tapjoy only troubleshoots problems for their offers, not the video advertisements.

While this experience has been noted before, the solution is to wait several hours for the system to kick in, yet it has been at least a day and a half. I was curious if any of you might have an idea on what might be occurring or a way to possibly fix it.

Have you quit the game and restarted? Also ensure you're on wifi as that sometimes can cause issues.
  • Options
    Thank you Gluadmin for replying, indeed I have done this numerous times, in fact it has been 10 days since and I am still experiencing the issue without any success, thank you all so much for replying and giving your input!

I am unaware if connecting to a separate wifi would solve this matter, but I won't have that opportunity in several days.
  • Options
    tngrandfathertngrandfather Registered Users 21 Posts
    For me, during the first hours of the update, the video rewards were paying off with each restart. Since then, it hasn't paid off at all ... not for gold and not for campaign-earned support items like rocket launchers and grenades. Please look into it.
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Have you quit the game and restarted? Also ensure you're on wifi as that sometimes can cause issues.

After the update, I successfully received dozens of gold bars, one at a time, after watching each video. I did notice that the videos started to pause in the middle, so I would close the game with it still running in the background, reopen the game, and the video would continue. The next day (yesterday), that trick started to be less consistent, and sometimes the only fix was to restart the game. For the last two hours, I've watched about 40 videos, each with the message of "you've earned one gold", but without receiving the gold after that message. Some times this happens and I'll wait 20-30 minutes, watch another video, and then I'll get multiple gold all at once. However, I just received 10 gold (all at once) for 40 "you've earned one gold" messages. Videos are now consistently pausing after 4-5 seconds. Wifi has been tested and has been working.

Videos for med pacs and rockets are still being offered, videos play through smoothly, and the reward is given immediately.

Using iphone.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    KikopitKikopit Registered Users 12 Posts
    Recently I am also not able to accumulate gold from video ads.
  • Options
    Every update so far has been unsuccessful at allowing me video-related gold bars, grenades, rockets, med kits, and knives with no sign of them ever making it to my account eventually. This placed me at a major disadvantage for almost two weeks. Restarting the game or even trying a separate wifi network has yielded no results.
  • Options
    bnmanibnmani Registered Users 11 Posts
    its not happenin to me as well..
  • Options
    DelbarDelbar Registered Users 56 Posts
    Same here, all the time videos are not available!! Its now a couple of few days, the video option to get some free gold is not working! We need answers for god sake or we need to use real cash?
  • Options
    I answered your issue on your other post, for some clarification, this discussion is about when videos ARE available, but after we watch them we do not receive the promised reward.
  • Options
    Guys! I think I found a way around our problem! As soon as the video ends, quit the game and restart it. It takes long I know, but a few hours after you finally get the reward! This might be ineffective for saving up on gold, but watching a vid for something like a medkit can be life-saving!
  • Options
    Guys! I think I found a way around our problem! As soon as the video ends, quit the game and restart it. It takes long I know, but a few hours after you finally get the reward! This might be ineffective for saving up on gold, but watching a vid for something like a medkit can be life-saving!

Yes, actually I just ran a little experiment on this and found that I didn't get the reward until after I quit and restarted. Also, sometimes it takes up to 24 hours for the reward to appear.
  • Options
    Any diagnosis on the problem?
  • Options
    hzrdboyz79hzrdboyz79 Registered Users 13 Posts
    my name is berkie sumner wow i sent a message and i cannot submit a ticket will not let me but why did i lose my dh2014 game agin in my facebook i was complete had all regions opened and just started rgion 16 had both rifles for region 16 all weapons for region 15 and so so many weapons all fully upgraded all i need to finish was the bounties had half or more of them complete and had 3 out of 5 of the christmas sereies beat just waiting on the last 2 to unlock so many weapons so much gold bars i lost for the second time and it cost me days of laying just to upgrade my rifles in region 15 i had the assault rifle shotgun both rifles in region 15 fully upgraded and had bot rifles in region 16 and the assault rifle in 16 almost fully upgraded wow now what am i supposed to do even if you gave all my weapons back it would cost me so much gold or weeks to upgrade all of them again i had so many weapons and was looking forward to finishing region 16 and couldnt wait to play last 2 series of christmas to get the pistol and the rifle for region 17 how can i get all ths back everything was done except a few rare hunts all way up to region 16 and was almost donw with it and had 3100 gold bars now nothing and it would take 30 to 50 times that to get my weapons and upgrade them again wow can you get it back for me please and why does this keep going on the 2nd time for me and both times was when i was in the same situation was level 55 and love the game but that was like getting hit over the haed if you can give me all my bows crossbows all the weapons that you win from the autumn hunts and the other ones and the new ones that just stared and all that i bought like i said region 15 16 is where my time and money was inveted in all the weapons and hade several shotguns rifles and region 10 pistol please try to get it back for me
  • Options
    MousemanMouseman Registered Users 6 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »

I've been having the same problem, I've quit multiple times over the last several weeks, and that doesn't fix it (although I have gotten SOME of the rewards later, I've gotten nowhere near the number that I should have recieved).

As for the Wifi.....I'm playing on an IPAD. Wifi is the ONLY way I can play this game.....I didn't have trouble with it for the first month I played, its only been the last few weeks that the problems have been occuring, and I've been using the same wifi the entire time.
  • Options
    Mouseman wrote: »
    I've been having the same problem, I've quit multiple times over the last several weeks, and that doesn't fix it (although I have gotten SOME of the rewards later, I've gotten nowhere near the number that I should have recieved).

As for the Wifi.....I'm playing on an IPAD. Wifi is the ONLY way I can play this game.....I didn't have trouble with it for the first month I played, its only been the last few weeks that the problems have been occuring, and I've been using the same wifi the entire time.

I've had the exact same problem as you with the exact same device, things didn't start working out for me until just Yesterday, all I had to do was quit and restart the game IMMEDIATELY for the system to finally kick in. After that I am able to watch multiple vids at a time, and as long as I quit immediately after will they go through eventually. I really hope this helps out because I know exactly how you feel. Good luck!
  • Options
    Well, the watching videos for free gold situation is getting a bit worse now. Recap: After update, everything was fine, then videos got stuck about half way through and I stopped getting the gold reward every time; then they got stuck after a few seconds into it and I was getting less and less rewards.

Now, when I watch a video it loads the first image, pauses at the 30 seconds remaining point, crashes the game. No automatic restart. It just closes the game. I try to manually reopen it, and it has to load the game again as if I completely closed it out of the background apps. Yikes.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    I have been experiencing this as well, if the video freezes, exit out of the game but don't quit it, then re-enter it for the vid to continue, (this process may have to be done multiple times). As far as I know, the vids for me crash only after I have watched them, at least for now I have still been able to get gold out of them. If a vid runs and you don't get a reward, try restarting the game on purpose, at least for me this fixed a lot of the problems I had, and you might even receive previous rewards too!
  • Options
    David T wrote: »
    After the update, I successfully received dozens of gold bars, one at a time, after watching each video. I did notice that the videos started to pause in the middle, so I would close the game with it still running in the background, reopen the game, and the video would continue. The next day (yesterday), that trick started to be less consistent, and sometimes the only fix was to restart the game. For the last two hours, I've watched about 40 videos, each with the message of "you've earned one gold", but without receiving the gold after that message. Some times this happens and I'll wait 20-30 minutes, watch another video, and then I'll get multiple gold all at once. However, I just received 10 gold (all at once) for 40 "you've earned one gold" messages. Videos are now consistently pausing after 4-5 seconds. Wifi has been tested and has been working.

Videos for med pacs and rockets are still being offered, videos play through smoothly, and the reward is given immediately.

Using iphone.

Thanks for letting us know your experience. This is helpful for troubleshooting.
  • Options
    ttcttc Registered Users 12 Posts
    I see someone mentioned the "video section" Does that even exist? I get some pop-ups from time to time telling me to watch a video and get a reward, but all I get is "videos not available". Any chance that might improve soon?
  • Options
    andy1andy1 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hi guys, I have only recentlystarted playing this game and am hooked ,but I have already encountered the same problem as most of you ,I don't want to buy gold to progress but I don't mind watching vids or trying out other games to get some free gold.I want to progress but I cannot get any further without being able to upgrade ,which is making me loose interest. This really does need to be sorted sooner rather than later which is a shame as this is a great game. . [/I]
    I've had the exact same problem as you with the exact same device, things didn't start working out for me until just Yesterday, all I had to do was quit and restart the game IMMEDIATELY for the system to finally kick in. After that I am able to watch multiple vids at a time, and as long as I quit immediately after will they go through eventually. I really hope this helps out because I know exactly how you feel. Good luck!
  • Options
    DelbarDelbar Registered Users 56 Posts
    How many videos one is entitled per day please? Can someone explain how the video thing work? Because I have tried all the time watching videos, but without any result. It was one lucky day that I encountered 20 minutes of videos and got 40 gold, by that time only 4 videos a day!
  • Options
    Delbar wrote: »
    How many videos one is entitled per day please? Can someone explain how the video thing work? Because I have tried all the time watching videos, but without any result. It was one lucky day that I encountered 20 minutes of videos and got 40 gold, by that time only 4 videos a day!

I'm not exactly sure, but this is what I've read on the forum so far. Video's depend on your location and what advertising market you're tied to, mixed with what 3rd party advertisers GLU has agreements with. As you can imagine, GLU gets residual income from 3rd party advertisers when we watch videos, therefore GLU gives us a gold gift, kind of like profit sharing that promotes more game play. So if you're in a high paying advertising market like the East coast of USA or California, we probably get more videos to watch than say rural Canada.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    David T wrote: »
    Video's depend on your location and what advertising market you're tied to, mixed with what 3rd party advertisers GLU has agreements with.

This part is accurate. :)