Options

NEW game content suggestion...Expanding PVP idea.

David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
NEW GAME CONTENT SUGGESTION:
Glu and my fellow competitors, I think we can all agree that PVP is the heart of this game and I would like to see that concept expand if it can.

Are we ready to build our own 'a-la-carte style' PVP tournaments or choose from a preset variety of different PVP tournaments?

1. Is it possible we could 'sign-up' and/or "buy into" PVP tournaments any time we wanted?
2. Have the option to choose different types of PVP, such as, everyone having to use the same two weapons?
3. The option to play the regular PVP matching algorithm format, or more of a round robin playoff style of matching based on a combination of AP/weapons power.
4. How about an option for a true playoff version of a tournament, with the last two players facing off until there is only one winner? If both players defeated each other's defenses, you make the next round with less time or energy to do it. I'm just using the online poker formats of cash games versus tournament play, where there is a designated registration time clock, and once signed up for the tournament, you just play until one person is the winner. Besides, it's almost Superbowl time.

In short, how about some more PVP? Ideas?
iPhone 4, usually.

Comments

• Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    NEW GAME CONTENT SUGGESTION:
    Glu and my fellow competitors, I think we can all agree that PVP is the heart of this game and I would like to see that concept expand if it can.

Are we ready to build our own 'a-la-carte style' PVP tournaments or choose from a preset variety of different PVP tournaments?

1. Is it possible we could 'sign-up' and/or "buy into" PVP tournaments any time we wanted?
    2. Have the option to choose different types of PVP, such as, everyone having to use the same two weapons?
    3. The option to play the regular PVP matching algorithm format, or more of a round robin playoff style of matching based on a combination of AP/weapons power.
    4. How about an option for a true playoff version of a tournament, with the last two players facing off until there is only one winner? If both players defeated each other's defenses, you make the next round with less time or energy to do it. I'm just using the online poker formats of cash games versus tournament play, where there is a designated registration time clock, and once signed up for the tournament, you just play until one person is the winner. Besides, it's almost Superbowl time.

In short, how about some more PVP? Ideas?

Good suggestions, thanks!
  • Options
    ImaftauImaftau Registered Users 14 Posts
    Yes great ideas but Glu would have to get the glitches under control before any real tournament got underway!!!! Loosing matches due to the game just freezing or starting over won't sit well with most.
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Imaftau wrote: »
    Yes great ideas but Glu would have to get the glitches under control before any real tournament got underway!!!! Loosing matches due to the game just freezing or starting over won't sit well with most.

I completely agree, this game suggestion thread wasn't to distract GLU from fixing game issues; just ideas for the future game development. GLU has to make sure the game consistently works first; Before adding more game content which could add to the issues the game currently has.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    I completely agree, this game suggestion thread wasn't to distract GLU from fixing game issues; just ideas for the future game development. GLU has to make sure the game consistently works first; Before adding more game content which could add to the issues the game currently has.

Don't worry, the team is working on bugs too. ;) But each update will have some bug fixes and some new content as the team prioritizes it.