Diamond robbing bug?

Voltron7Voltron7 Registered Users 9 Posts
It seems that since early February, the diamond stealing has been changed?
The message collect diamonds from vault frequently to avoid them being stolen no longer applies.
I had 10358 diamonds (not in the vault) and my next login something around 3000 were stolen.

What is up with that? I collected all the diamonds before closing the app down. Diamonds at 540 per hour. One hour later I open app and see some people have stolen thousands of diamonds each, but based on 540 per hour, that should be impossible. So how can people steal more diamonds than are even in the vault?

running app on latest iOS

Thanks

Comments

• HutchGSHutchGS Registered Users 24 Posts
    As GLU would say, "that's not a bug, it's a feature!" The non-secure vault is just another example of the game not following its own rules. Why? To get you to spend more real money, of course.
  • Voltron7Voltron7 Registered Users 9 Posts
    Lol, thanks Hutch, sounds like what they might say. Just thought it changed all of a sudden.
    Well, no big deal, I'll keep spending no money :P
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I noticed that too, but am new enough that it always worked that way for me. I just assumed that the hint about collecting diamonds was wrong. I play on a Kindle Fire HDX.
    I also noticed that they no longer display the message about collecting diamonds...So, why even have a base and a vault. Should streamline it to just a base, no?
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Voltron7 wrote: »
    I also noticed that they no longer display the message about collecting diamonds...So, why even have a base and a vault. Should streamline it to just a base, no?
    Nice try, but GLU isn't going to allow the chance that you could stay off their game while collecting your safe's maximum storage capacity.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    David T wrote: »
    Nice try, but GLU isn't going to allow the chance that you could stay off their game while collecting your safe's maximum storage capacity.

Yeah I know...just thought it was a bug at first. I don't care, now that it's been classified as a non-bug. :cool:

edit: I was just saying on last post, that since the vault is not protected, why even have a vault anymore?
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Voltron7 wrote: »
    Yeah I know...just thought it was a bug at first. I don't care, now that it's been classified as a non-bug. :cool:

edit: I was just saying on last post, that since the vault is not protected, why even have a vault anymore?
    I bug is only a bug if it doesn't make GLU money.

You know that answer, but I realize that wasn't the point to writing the question. The vault is there to limit the amount of diamonds you can collect, which limits how fast you can progress through the game, while adding the amount of times you have to sign on to the game to progress; if you're not using gold. Same reason why diamonds can be stolen, why there is a 20 minute time clock for energy, and the reason for all game time clocks.

GLU will add completion/competition functions to win the game they are playing, which is to win real world money from us, the customers. If you're ever questioning why something is changed in the game, ask 'how does this make GLU money?' and you will find your answer much more quickly and clearly.

Just as any other company that sells services, their best clients pay for the service often, but use the service as little as possible. Although GLU is more like a prepaid services company; Wireless and cable companies loved me for years because I was their perfect customer, but it didn't stop them from sending me a final bill whether the service was used or not. LOL.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    Davit T, thanks for that answer, too...now I realize the need to keep both :)