Attacked while signed on. To collect fund not adding diamonds to safe.

David TDavid T Senior MemberRegistered Users 1,055 Posts
CKS Version 2.0; iOS 7

Still having the issue of being attacked while I'm attacking someone else. Around that same time my 'collect' diamonds function is not adding diamonds to my safe and "All-Time Leaderboard" statistics do not match between the PVP tab and the Social tab.

This happened earlier today as well. Restarting the game fixes the issue for a few hours, but you never really know when the game stops working properly until you see the social log show 'defense lost' or after you realize you lost your diamond collection fund by trying to collect them.
iPhone 4, usually.

Comments

  • David TDavid T Senior Member Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Customer care confirmed that there is an unseen time clock to determine whether you can be attacked or not, even if it looks like you're still connected to the game. They didn't tell me what the time limit is or what determines being 'active in the game' or not, but I would assume any button pushing in the game would be considered activity and it's probably a hour or less.

    The issue about the 'to collect' function not working is probably the result of the new internal time clock function and might add to the issue of the general PVP game crash glitch. So my advice is to manually restart the game if you haven't pressed any game buttons for an hour.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • IamreadyIamready Experienced Member Registered Users 224 Posts
    David T wrote: »

    The issue about the 'to collect' function not working is probably the result of the new internal time clock function and might add to the issue of the general PVP game crash glitch. So my advice is to manually restart the game if you haven't pressed any game buttons for an hour.
    thanks for the info,will do the restart once in while now onwards,thanks
  • BrendanFBrendanF Junior Member Registered Users 80 Posts
    QUOTE=David T;269235]Customer care confirmed that there is an unseen time clock to determine whether you can be attacked or not, even if it looks like you're still connected to the game. They didn't tell me what the time limit is or what determines being 'active in the game' or not, but I would assume any button pushing in the game would be considered activity and it's probably a hour or less.

    The issue about the 'to collect' function not working is probably the result of the new internal time clock function and might add to the issue of the general PVP game crash glitch. So my advice is to manually restart the game if you haven't pressed any game buttons for an hour.[/QUOTE]


    Ths issue about collected diamonds not being added to the total is not new and has nothing to do with the update. I posted about this some time ago. Thw worst case was where I had reached my goal for an update and hit the update button. Everything was fine until the game suddenly restarted itself. When the game was back up I was short 4,000 diamonds and no, the battle log didn't show any losses.
  • BrendanFBrendanF Junior Member Registered Users 80 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    Customer care confirmed that there is an unseen time clock to determine whether you can be attacked or not, even if it looks like you're still connected to the game. They didn't tell me what the time limit is or what determines being 'active in the game' or not, but I would assume any button pushing in the game would be considered activity and it's probably a hour or less.

    The issue about the 'to collect' function not working is probably the result of the new internal time clock function and might add to the issue of the general PVP game crash glitch. So my advice is to manually restart the game if you haven't pressed any game buttons for an hour.

    An ''unseen time clock''? You believe that bs. Same as the ''collect diamonds to prevent them from being stolen'' rubbish.
  • David TDavid T Senior Member Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    BrendanF wrote: »
    An ''unseen time clock''? You believe that bs. Same as the ''collect diamonds to prevent them from being stolen'' rubbish.

    LOL, yeah you're probably right...maybe just a scare tactic so people don't leave their games on.

    Customer care response:
    "When you leave our game idle for more than a few minutes, game enters sleep mode and disconnects itself from our servers. This was added in our game to avoid players who left their devices on with the game idle to avoid PVP losses."

    My response:
    "It is much less frustrating to accept the decision of GLU to have an 'activity time clock' then it is to continually think the game is out of control with glitches."

    Although, even if GLU does truly decide to implement an activity time clock, they are basically making it impossible to progress in the game without spending gold.

    BTW-I'm on the forum right now because my PVP streak was just ended by the 'disappearing arrows' issue that doesn't allow you to move or shoot. And I have been actively playing the game, so this obviously wasn't the mysterious "unseen time clock" explanation.

    And my game is automatically restarting after watching a video.....every video...
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • BrendanFBrendanF Junior Member Registered Users 80 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    LOL, yeah you're probably right...maybe just a scare tactic so people don't leave their games on.

    Customer care response:
    "When you leave our game idle for more than a few minutes, game enters sleep mode and disconnects itself from our servers. This was added in our game to avoid players who left their devices on with the game idle to avoid PVP losses."

    My response:
    "It is much less frustrating to accept the decision of GLU to have an 'activity time clock' then it is to continually think the game is out of control with glitches."

    Although, even if GLU does truly decide to implement an activity time clock, they are basically making it impossible to progress in the game without spending gold.

    BTW-I'm on the forum right now because my PVP streak was just ended by the 'disappearing arrows' issue that doesn't allow you to move or shoot. And I have been actively playing the game, so this obviously wasn't the mysterious "unseen time clock" explanation.

    And my game is automatically restarting after watching a video.....every video...

    and there seem to be more and more videos popping up. As far as the buying gold with real money goes, that's where the game ends for me. They get paid for showing ads which they think I, or the average player actually watch!

    I'd imagine there's a connection between the number of people being connected to the game at any one time and what they can sell to the people who advertise on the game.
  • BrendanFBrendanF Junior Member Registered Users 80 Posts
    It's about time Glu came out and said that staying online will not protect your diamonds.
    While attacking Widowmaker I was hit by Bulgaro and Peri (tag-team? :) ) for just under 10,000 diamonds.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.