Options

Questions/Clarifications About League Events

PDQBachPDQBach Registered Users 11 Posts
I want to make sure I understand the League Events:

1) They are by week, so League events are only Mondays-Wednesdays between VIP events.

2) Gun parts for league events are only good for the week of the league event. For example the Shamrock Tesla rifle in the gold League Event this week is only good for this week. If I cannot collect the 50 pieces for the rifle this week the rifle is gone and any pieces I have collected will not be good for any other rifle.

3) To attain all 50 pieces for the rifle, I will have to come in 1st in a daily league at least once and 2nd place the other two days to get all the pieces, or 1st place twice and 3rd place once.

If I am mistaken please correct me so I understand the league events.

Comments

• Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    Perhaps a GLU admin will answer, but I think that the rest of us are still feeling our way through the dark.
  • Options
    PDQBachPDQBach Registered Users 11 Posts
    I hope someone from Glu will answer. If my statements/questions are correct, you must finish in the top 3 in day 1 of the League Event to have a chance of winning the weapon. Otherwise the numbers do not allow you to get 50 pieces. And 1 of the top 3 players on day one must take first place in day 2 to win the weapon. After that, based on the number of pieces per winning level over 3 days, no one else can win so why bother playing?
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    PDQBach wrote: »
    I hope someone from Glu will answer. If my statements/questions are correct, you must finish in the top 3 in day 1 of the League Event to have a chance of winning the weapon. Otherwise the numbers do not allow you to get 50 pieces. And 1 of the top 3 players on day one must take first place in day 2 to win the weapon. After that, based on the number of pieces per winning level over 3 days, no one else can win so why bother playing?
    GLU could always offer parts in the store after the league events run into the next global event. Otherwise, as you said, there will be a lot of players with parts to weapons they will never be able to complete.

Another issue you brought up applies to the fact that the players who did win the weapon, that don't need weapon parts, still have to take part in the Gold League PVP if they want to play PVP at all. That is much easier to fix, by adding the option to opt-out of League PVP tournaments.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    The league event milestone VPs have been adjusted to 25/50/75/100, so there's that to play for, although I still don't need Atlas parts.
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    The league event milestone VPs have been adjusted to 25/50/75/100, so there's that to play for, although I still don't need Atlas parts.

Wow, I must have lost my head when I suggested the 'opt-out of League PVP tournaments'. I forgot player loss equals GLU gain, whether through player-to-player competition choices or game structure.

Never mind GLU, just sell the parts in the store. Problem solved.
    iPhone 4, usually.