Base upgrade question

Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
After you upgrade all of tier 7 can anyone tell me how many upgrades there are in tier 8? Just wondering. Thanks!!

Comments

• try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    And, how many diamonds!!! I'm guess like every other level, 4. Guessing 128K, 144K, 160K and 176K but I think I hear 244K?

If only I could keep my device on 24 hours a day and not worry about cooking it, might not be so bad. But, 128,000 diamonds takes quite a few PVP to tick off a lot of people off-line, and make it not that fun for them.
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Yeah it's getting crazy expensive to upgrade. I used all of my heavy gun missions up in Brazil and was using my tesla missions only to find out I need to upgrade it to continue. My next upgrade will, as of now, cost my $50.00 to do this. Way to much as I've already spent a small fortune on this game already.
  • rastafarirastafari Registered Users 78 Posts
    3,45600 diamonds or 1208 gold, this is becomlng work not play.
  • FreakshowFreakshow Registered Users 12 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    And, how many diamonds!!! I'm guess like every other level, 4. Guessing 128K, 144K, 160K and 176K but I think I hear 244K?

If only I could keep my device on 24 hours a day and not worry about cooking it, might not be so bad. But, 128,000 diamonds takes quite a few PVP to tick off a lot of people off-line, and make it not that fun for them.

The max is now 256k diamonds at full upgrade.
  • rastafarirastafari Registered Users 78 Posts
    To upgrade to level 8 max there is 128k buy in
    then it's 160 192 224 256 each x 4 which equals 3.5 mill in diamonds
    gold bars 1208 plus buy in, plus what ever is needed to survive such as health, rockets or grenades for maxed bases, with high quantity of diamonds, or just bypass them for lower level players with less diamonds which takes considerably longer.

Level 9 will almost 5.7 million diamonds, or 2168 gold plus buy in
    I can see a lot of folks opting out, as it's getting ridiculous, the amount of time need to upgrade a base
    considering you have to do a level, at a time, or loose your diamonds unsafe vault.
  • FoxofFoxof Registered Users 50 Posts
    rastafari wrote: »
    gold bars 1208 plus buy in, plus what ever is needed to survive such as health, rockets or grenades for maxed bases, with high quantity of diamonds, or just bypass them for lower level players with less diamonds which takes considerably longer.

I can see a lot of folks opting out, as it's getting ridiculous, the amount of time need to upgrade a base
    considering you have to do a level, at a time, or loose your diamonds unsafe vault.

Buddha said...when u know it is enough,then it is enough.
    Just play for fun and enjoy free time.
  • FoxofFoxof Registered Users 50 Posts

Exactly...but after L 10
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts

I agree - the game is nearing a tipping point for being fun and being a tedious job to continue at this geometric rate.

Global and league events have given me a full 8.5 weapon suite, and maxing out my diamond production to 2800 an hour seems great. But with so many also having these weapons, loosing diamonds is more rampant now as well. It will take me at least a month to max out a Tier 8 base, and I'd have to almost leave my device on continually and play PVP every day to do it.

In a way, I think I had more luck having a maxed out Tier 7 base than now. But with some kind of match every day, there's no way to be sure of my guess or to have a day of rest and gain diamonds. The thought of a Tier 9 is much closer to that tipping point and probably will past it.

Now if the next campaign switches from cash to gold/diamonds payoff, this could raise my hope and continued interest. I think GLU needs to take a hard look at continuing to make profits, or loosing game interest.