Gold event question

Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
If you make it to the gold event, been a while for me, is there a certain amount of people that can win the top prize if you came in 1-90? Forgot how it works. Am also wondering why I even got this far for a weapon that's not a Tesla or a Heavy lol

Comments

• bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    The Gold Event is very tough. I have been in it every week and have not yet managed to complete a weapon. 20 points for first, 16 for 2-3, 12 for 4-6 10 for 7 to 10, 5 for 11-20. This means that to get a completed weapon your must be first twice and finish in the top 10 the third day or finish 1st on day and top three the other two days. Theoretically, three could win a weapon, but so far only 1 or 2 per week.

Too bad that they don't allow additional oppurtunities to complete a weapon, either by running the same weapon as second time or allowing the purchase of the missing parts. I have found Gold League competition frustrating so far. I am hoping that they tweek the rules to allow more that one or two winners. Even if they would increase the points for second and third place to 17 points they would increase the likelihood of completing a weapon.
  • Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts
    Bradr752, do you play every week with DG, you see how he play? First two days he managed to win then the third day just play for top 10 without any strong players. Then that's week would be only him or Patrick can be won the weapon.

So I think only 1 or 2 won the weapon during past 5 weeks.
    Bradr752, do you play every week with DG, you see how he play? First two days he managed to win then the third day just play for top 10 without any strong players. Then that's week would be only him or Patrick can be won the weapon.

So I think only 1 or 2 won the weapon during past 5 weeks.

Patrick took first on day 3 so he also got the weapon. I was hoping that DG would settle for top three on days two and three, leaving room for me to pick up a win and get the weapon as well, but no luck! Patrick went on a tear on day three, putting in 300 points in the first 3 hours. There was no way I could catch him. So I have 42 parts for a weapon that I am unlikely to ever complete. I swear: I am not going to play the Gold League tournament next week! (This time, I really mean it.) Lots of expense and time, very little chance of a weapon.
  • Mindy82Mindy82 Registered Users 43 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Patrick took first on day 3 so he also got the weapon. I was hoping that DG would settle for top three on days two and three, leaving room for me to pick up a win and get the weapon as well, but no luck! Patrick went on a tear on day three, putting in 300 points in the first 3 hours. There was no way I could catch him. So I have 42 parts for a weapon that I am unlikely to ever complete. I swear: I am not going to play the Gold League tournament next week! (This time, I really mean it.) Lots of expense and time, very little chance of a weapon.
    I guess if you are not playing gold league then you will not play any other league. Since you can be top 10 in Global Tournament, then the awarded weapon is more power than silver league. I just don't want you join the silver league for fun and messup the awards for silver league players. Just a thought.
    Mindy82 wrote: »
    I guess if you are not playing gold league then you will not play any other league. Since you can be top 10 in Global Tournament, then the awarded weapon is more power than silver league. I just don't want you join the silver league for fun and messup the awards for silver league players. Just a thought.

I agree with your point about not spoiling it for the Silver Leaguers who really are playing the game on a limited budget. They have enough to contend with without me stealing their parts.

I will participate in the Gold League for the Milestone Awards which are worth doing. I admit it, I will continue to pick up parts when I can, just to see if I can complete them later. The truth is that the lifespan of a weapon is only three weeks before it is outdated, and GLU removes parts from your inventory after three weeks, so unless they create some mechanism for adding parts, I may never be able to craft a weapon from parts. Oh well!

I did not attend Gold League every week, but I was lucky to catch up two times for Tesla so what I have seen the way DG, Patrick, AUSAUSA played, we're so amazing. Like you said I think DG play every week like what I have found. Day 1 and 2 he managed to win then play easy on day 3, so let the second gun for other three players like you guys to fight.
    Even I think some if three of you could not catch top 3 on first two days, it's mean that he will be only one to get the weapon.

Anyway, from what's I see this global tournament, I could not see three of them in the top 30, so may be this week it would be your chance to get The Limbo.
    I did not attend Gold League every week, but I was lucky to catch up two times for Tesla so what I have seen the way DG, Patrick, AUSAUSA played, we're so amazing. Like you said I think DG play every week like what I have found. Day 1 and 2 he managed to win then play easy on day 3, so let the second gun for other three players like you guys to fight.
    Even I think some if three of you could not catch top 3 on first two days, it's mean that he will be only one to get the weapon.

Anyway, from what's I see this global tournament, I could not see three of them in the top 30, so may be this week it would be your chance to get The Limbo.

When those guys settle in to play it is amazing to watch. They never seem to stop to take a leak or get a cup of coffee. I have tried to stay with them, but sooner or later I have to admit defeat.
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Bradr in gold event are we playing for that new heavy gun?
    Bradr in gold event are we playing for that new heavy gun?

Playing for the Limbo Heavy Gun 9.5 max damage 95872. Nice weapon, but I am going to bed!
  • CaptainmidniteCaptainmidnite Registered Users 42 Posts
    I played in gold league when the 9 hells was the prize. I was able to compete the weapon. If I recall, the winner each time was north of 600 points each time. I think I won once and finished top 10 the rest. I don't recall honestly but I can post a screen shot if the weapon if needed. It was an exhausting 3 days. Checking constantly, every hour or 2, using 7-10 full energy recharges every time I played. I'll never do it again, just don't have the physical energy to keep that pace.

And what really burned my behind, the very next day the new content released with better heavy guns even in silver league. I was very bitter about that.
    I played in gold league when the 9 hells was the prize. I was able to compete the weapon. If I recall, the winner each time was north of 600 points each time. I think I won once and finished top 10 the rest. I don't recall honestly but I can post a screen shot if the weapon if needed. It was an exhausting 3 days. Checking constantly, every hour or 2, using 7-10 full energy recharges every time I played. I'll never do it again, just don't have the physical energy to keep that pace.

And what really burned my behind, the very next day the new content released with better heavy guns even in silver league. I was very bitter about that.

The recent history of competition for Heavy Guns is interesting. The Gold League competed for the 9 Hells gun, Max Damage 69120. BTW, in order to win the weapon you must have placed first one time and in the top 3 twice or first twice and top 10 the third time. One first an two top ten finishes gives you only 40 points.

Then, the day after the tournament ended they did a Level upgrade and offered the Jupiter, Max Damage 68992 for 750 gold, way less than it cost to compete for the weaker 9 Hells gun.

Next, the weekend tournament competed for the Venus (Top 10) and Mars (Top 30) Heavy Guns. At the time the Mars had a Max Damage rating of 88192 and the Venus had a rating in the 65000 range. I wanted the bigger gun and worked day and night to stay in the top 10, spending lots of Gold in the process. The next week, the Max Damage value of the Venus was magically raised to 88192, the same as the Mars, so the top 30 received the same value gun as the top 10!

In short, the game administrators have consistently punished gamers who competed for Heavy Weapons. Now the Gold League is competing for the Limbo, Max Damage 95872. I am not getting involved.
    @captainmidnite, it's mean that you are not only in top 10 if you only won first just once, you must stay in top 3 for another 2 days then you can crafted the Nine Hells, I wonder that's week the only winner was DG or not?

@bradr752, you might forget two weeks ago that we hunt for Venus (Top10) but Top30 was Mercury which I got it, I complained GLU because even second grade Heavy like Mercury still stronger than Nine Hells. Player who attend Gold league last week fight for Nadir Tesla, I can not recalled when was Mars come up? But all top 30 players last weekend, I think all hunt for The Limbo in Gold league this week.
  • CaptainmidniteCaptainmidnite Registered Users 42 Posts
    @captainmidnite, it's mean that you are not only in top 10 if you only won first just once, you must stay in top 3 for another 2 days then you can crafted the Nine Hells, I wonder that's week the only winner was DG or not?

@bradr752, you might forget two weeks ago that we hunt for Venus (Top10) but Top30 was Mercury which I got it, I complained GLU because even second grade Heavy like Mercury still stronger than Nine Hells. Player who attend Gold league last week fight for Nadir Tesla, I can not recalled when was Mars come up? But all top 30 players last weekend, I think all hunt for The Limbo in Gold league this week.

Yeah Kitti, that sounds right. I busted my *** to a fast lead first tournie, then just kept up for the other 2. As I said it was exhausting.

I was so angry that I barely competed in the following tournie as I have stated. I was in bronze league, which also played for Mercury. I spent no gold and was able to win the parts to complete it. 1st place was 20 parts, 2-3 was 10. No other places awarded parts. It was so stress free. I was a little miffed though because in a week I replaced a weapon from a gold league with a weapon from bronze league.

Right now bronze is playing for the Firewalker.
    With the latest update, game administrators have added a new Heavy Gun for crafting called the Neptune which is an exact clone of the Limbo, Both Rate 9.5 Damage: 65280/95872. This can only mean that they intend to offer the Neptune, rather than the Limbo in tournament play over the weekend. This will once again leave those who have worked to get Limbo parts no way to complete their weapons. I hope I am wrong, but this is the way that weapons parts have gone so far.

BTW, I looks like there will be only one person in the Gold League to get a weapon again this week.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I think this week is the turn for a Tesla, then next week a sniper, no? That is if the past 5 weeks keep the same routine.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    When those guys settle in to play it is amazing to watch. They never seem to stop to take a leak or get a cup of coffee. I have tried to stay with them, but sooner or later I have to admit defeat.

I know right? It's like there is an entire group of people playing the same character, taking shifts to play 24/7, while having endless energy and the best weapons. "Amazing".
    iPhone 4, usually.
    try_again wrote: »
    I think this week is the turn for a Tesla, then next week a sniper, no? That is if the past 5 weeks keep the same routine.

That would make sense, but they haven't created any new Teslas recently. Would the do the Sunburn and Nadir as rewards?
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    That would be my best guess. The Nadir being in a global event will obviously tick off the guys that played the Gold tournament for it. That would also be a Glu continued direction for poor choices. Take an elite weapon and then deliver it to the common groups.

You guys that have been here longer should have a better guess.
    try_again wrote: »
    That would be my best guess. The Nadir being in a global event will obviously tick off the guys that played the Gold tournament for it. That would also be a Glu continued direction for poor choices. Take an elite weapon and then deliver it to the common groups.

You guys that have been here longer should have a better guess.

The only weapon that they added to inventory in today's update was the Neptune Heavy, which is why I speculated that would be the contest weapon for the weekend.

Either way they look to have gone out of their way to insult gamers. As you point out, if they use the Nadir they will offend the Gold League players, if they pick the Neptune they will leave a bunch of players with the box of unuseable Nadir parts. What a dilemma for Glu! What can we do that will alienate the maximum number of gamers? It will be interesting to see what they do.

I am pulling for the Tesla contest, since my Tesla doesn't really need an upgrade and I could take the weekend off.

It doesn't have to be this way. Game administrators could offer a second chance to complete craft weapons, either through offering parts as I secondary prize within the next week or by selling 5 and 10 packs of parts. They could then rotate through the weapons classes on a predictable schedule. Hey, they could actually post what they are up to on this forum. Now I'm just dreamin'.