assasin points

fronn123fronn123 Registered Users 2 Posts
How do people get so many assassin points in PvP events

Comments

• Randy59Randy59 Registered Users 104 Posts
    Some of them cheat
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    And it doesn't really make it fair to those players who don't cheat.

We play 24 hours for 4 days for the Global Event and yet we couldn't even make it to top 90. Our score is just a small portion of the top players' score. Playing the 3 daily league tournaments is no different.

I just don't know why Glu couldn't and/or wouldn't catch and get rid of the cheaters.
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    I currently have over 7000 points in this event and could have more if I wanted to spend the money. I'm not rich but did purchase a few gold packs for this event. I'm on iOS platform and just got a new iPhone 6 plus. This phone is like 10 times faster in this game then my previous iPhone 4s was its crazy. I can literally go through PVP fights so much faster now. I don't even come close to playing 24/7. Now if I had unlimited funds for gold I could easily have a score much higher then the current leader & still not be on here even close to 24/7. Just some food for thought.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Randy59 wrote: »
    Some of them cheat

I see this allegation made in the forum frequently, but I haven't observed obvious signs of hacking or cheating in PVP play.

For the record I play on an iPad using Apple ios, so I can only speak to what goes on in that platform. I am currently ranked 3rd on the All Time leaderboard with 42369 VP. I have played the weekend tournaments every week for the last several months and have been in the top 5 or 10 most weeks. I have watched the best players progress through the tournament and the best players, well equipped will do 1000 AP per hour and can play for several hours straight. The leader in the current global event has 11000 points, which means he has played for 11 hours during the first 34 hours of the tournament. A major commitment in time, but that is what it takes to win these tournaments.

Of more concern to me is the money commitment that is required to compete. My experience has been that to place in the top 10 in a Global Event on the iOS platform takes 24000 AP. This represents 24 hours of play, six hours a day. More to the point, this requires the purchase of 8000 units of Gold which is requires the purchase of three of the $99.99 gold packs for a total commitment of $300 ($321 including sales tax) to finance your winning play.

I haven't seen the credit card receipts of the other top tournament players, so I can't vouch that they are buying the gold to play the game, but their play looks like they are legitimate. They commit energy credits wisely and don't invest more than it takes to achieve their goal. I know that I, for better or worse, commit the time and money to place highly in these tournaments and I believe others do as well.

If there is a legitimate concern here, it is that it takes so much money to play this game at the top level. Gluu is often accused on this forum of being greedy, but my view is that if you don't like the money that they are making on the game, then don't give them any of yours, but don't expect to find yourself at the top of the standing at tournaments end.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    If there is a legitimate concern here, it is that it takes so much money to play this game at the top level. Gluu is often accused on this forum of being greedy, but my view is that if you don't like the money that they are making on the game, then don't give them any of yours, and don't expect to find yourself at the top of the standing at tournaments end.
    LOL, it's like the start of a paper on global economics; see video games CAN be educational. It would be pretty cool if I had a diamond production factory in real life. ;) Infomercials, here I come! 100% QZ diamondoids 10 hour sale. All day!
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    I see this allegation made in the forum frequently, but I haven't observed obvious signs of hacking or cheating in PVP play.

Of more concern to me is the money commitment that is required to compete. My experience has been that to place in the top 10 in a Global Event on the iOS platform takes 24000 AP. This represents 24 hours of play, six hours a day. More to the point, this requires the purchase of 8000 units of Gold which is requires the purchase of three of the $99.99 gold packs for a total commitment of $300 ($321 including sales tax) to finance your winning play.

I am not saying that everyone does and I applaud you for not being one.

It's just that we see the same players on top of the leaderboard week in and week out. And if it does requires the purchase of three of the $99.99 gold packs for a total commitment of $300 ($321 including sales tax) to finance a winning play for each Global Event, then you're looking at an average of $1,200.00/month. That's what some people pay for their rent in a month. Like what another player say, they must have an oil rig or two somewhere.

For me, I guess I need to find a new job, a 2nd job and another part time job to compete with you guys.
    Noobie wrote: »
    For me, I guess I need to find a new job, a 2nd job and another part time job to compete with you guys.
    The game is 'freemium'....free to download....free to play....12 hours/day to keep up...13-20 hours/day to be competitive....or 6 hours/day, with a bunch of money, for a chance to win....sounds on par. Maybe one day we'll see a GLUU sponsored Visa credit card to earn virtual in-game gold points, like airline miles.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    Noobie wrote: »
    I am not saying that everyone does and I applaud you for not being one.

It's just that we see the same players on top of the leaderboard week in and week out. And if it does requires the purchase of three of the $99.99 gold packs for a total commitment of $300 ($321 including sales tax) to finance a winning play for each Global Event, then you're looking at an average of $1,200.00/month. That's what some people pay for their rent in a month. Like what another player say, they must have an oil rig or two somewhere.

My purpose in posting was not to discourage you from playing the game, but to get you to see how much time and money people like me (foolishly) put into the game. BTW, I pick my contests carefully so I don't commit $300 to a weekend very often.

I recently took a weekend and played only with free energy credits. I lost a little sleep because I tried to play every hour so I didn't lose available Energy credits. I used only the Sniper and Assault rifles, no Heavy or Tesla weapons. I had a lot of fun and still received over 4000 AP which meant I received the 50 Gold bonus, 1675 in Diamond bonuses, so I ended out ahead of where I started and still qualified for the Silver League. (Though I was forced to use up a few Medpacks to get through tough Long Range contests using only the Sniper rifle.)
    I recently took a weekend and played only with free energy credits. I lost a little sleep because I tried to play every hour so I didn't lose available Energy credits. I used only the Sniper and Assault rifles, no Heavy or Tesla weapons. I had a lot of fun and still received over 4000 AP which meant I received the 50 Gold bonus, 1675 in Diamond bonuses, so I ended out ahead of where I started and still qualified for the Silver League. (Though I was forced to use up a few Medpacks to get through tough Long Range contests using only the Sniper rifle.)
    3 'free energy' credits is equal to 20 gold, so how many free energy credits did you end up using? As for the lack of sleep while trying to play every hour; 7110AP is the max if you played every hour, 3 times per hour, for 96 hours; without losing of course. They call it the "Gold League" because you can't get in without spending gold or unless you have 56 energy credits laying around.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    David T wrote: »
    3 'free energy' credits is equal to 20 gold, so how many free energy credits did you end up using? As for the lack of sleep while trying to play every hour; 7110AP is the max if you played every hour, 3 times per hour, for 96 hours; without losing of course. They call it the "Gold League" because you can't get in without spending gold or unless you have 56 energy credits laying around.

I came into the contest with 3 energy credits, and finished with just below 4700 AP. Since you don't get full 25 point credit for the first 6 games, and I lost a couple and the server kicked me off a couple of times, requiring me to start over on the win streak, I think I probably could have nursed a few more AP out of it, but there is no way to get to 8500 unless you pony up the bucks. More bad news: competing in the Gold League is REAL expensive. I do believe that it is possible to be competitive at the Silver League level with minimal outlay.
    I do believe that it is possible to be competitive at the Silver League level with minimal outlay.
    100VP, 50 wins, in 24 hours for the 50 gold milestone can be a bit tough (almost 17 hours of 'hourly attention' to the game) and winning usually takes at least 60-70 wins. Mathematically you can only gain 72 wins in 24 hours for free; that isn't much room for 'error' a.k.a. 'sleep'.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    David T wrote: »
    100VP, 50 wins, in 24 hours for the 50 gold milestone can be a bit tough (almost 17 hours of 'hourly attention' to the game) and winning usually takes at least 60-70 wins. Mathmatically you can can only gain 72 wins in 24 hours for free; that isn't much room for 'error' a.k.a. 'sleep'.

Yeah, I think I finished in 208th place, no glory there! Not much sleep, not much of a life either if you have to sit down to the iPad every 59 minutes. I am not thinking about this approach to the game on a regular basis.
  • twoloszyntwoloszyn Registered Users 34 Posts
    I like the honesty being shared here. This game is extremely expensive for me at my income level when I'm trying to win the top 10 weapon and be placed in the gold league to compete. I'm frustrated by this reality but accept the silver league opportunity to win the slightly less powerful weapon. In the past before the league update if you didn't fork over the gold you were SOL until the next campaign came out and you could buy the weapon from tournaments passed -- usually for 1,000 gold which is still $50 in gold pack terms.

I only focus on the heavy/tesla global tournaments at this point. I've found myself happier that I don't need to dedicate myself 24 hours a day 7 days a week on what's supposed to be "fun." It's become more of an obsession for an unattainable cycle of constant upgrades. At the Region 9 level you have to spend gold (in my opinion) to fully upgrade your base or your weapons without spending weeks on end with the game on nonstop to earn enough diamonds.

The point is this game has become a wealthy man's game or someone willing to spend their expendable income on something that will eventually just stop being worked on...like Dino Hunter.
  • Mindy82Mindy82 Registered Users 43 Posts
    I also do not believe same top 3 players every week spent $300 for Global Tour and still not count money paid for gold league in 3 days. I think Bradr752 explantion is not true base on his other post about the purpose of this game. Brad said this game is all about offensive. Heavy weapon and Telsa are what you aim for, assult and sniper are toys. Why you need to spend $600 for toys and I see you on top 10 for these toys every week. Think about it. You must be very wealthy to burn money for your fun.
    Mindy82 wrote: »
    I also do not believe same top 3 players every week spent $300 for Global Tour and still not count money paid for gold league in 3 days. I think Bradr752 explantion is not true base on his other post about the purpose of this game. Brad said this game is all about offensive. Heavy weapon and Telsa are what you aim for, assult and sniper are toys. Why you need to spend $600 for toys and I see you on top 10 for these toys every week. Think about it. You must be very wealthy to burn money for your fun.

You have caught me. I can see you have been reading my posts and I appreciate you calling me out on the inconsistency.

I do get carried away and violate my own rules sometimes. Don't expect to see me in the top 10 this Tournament weekend, since I intend to hold to my principle: Acquiring Assault weapons is a waste of time and money. I do hope to finish in the top 30 looking to acquire the Firewalker as a new toy. I can't resist, but I acknowledge that I will have to put some money into my play for the weekend, but it will be a lot less than the $300 that I think it will take to get the Brimstone. (I am trying to cut back.) Be sure and call me to task if you see me at the top of the leaderboard on Sunday night.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Bradr, all I can say is props to you, I'm in awe of your conviction to this game!

Also, it's people like you that keep the coders, and decision makers at GLU wanting to continue development and support on this game. For that I greatly appreciate the benefits of your participation. (and, I'm glad I'm not in your league :0).
  • twoloszyntwoloszyn Registered Users 34 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    Bradr, all I can say is props to you, I'm in awe of your conviction to this game!

I agree. Let's be honest, if it wasn't for players (iOS) like bradr, Patrick Poillot, ausausa, tonyzaper, etc. this game would've stopped being developed a while ago. I hope they continue to stay dedicated!
  • Mindy82Mindy82 Registered Users 43 Posts
    That's not true for now. I can tell many players played hard for parts. I have played hard with lack of sleep but no gold to use to end up in rank 31-90 for 35 parts. And this not easy which meant other players are playing hard as well. Glu will happy if these top players are invested real money. I believe, Glu also earned money from commercial posted in videos as well.
    Mindy82 wrote: »
    That's not true for now. I can tell many players played hard for parts. I have played hard with lack of sleep but no gold to use to end up in rank 31-90 for 35 parts. And this not easy which meant other players are playing hard as well. Glu will happy if these top players are invested real money. I believe, Glu also earned money from commercial posted in videos as well.

Glu needs to figure out a way to appeal to the high end players as well as the broad range of people who love the game, but don't have the time or money to play at the top level. I was enthusiastic about the creation of the Gold, Silver and Bronze leagues and the implementation of weapons parts awards because I thought this would give everyone a fair shot at upgrading weapons. Sadly, it hasn't really worked out since they haven't given players a "second shot" at completing a weapon. I think you get a sense of my commitment to the game, but I have not been able to complete a single weapon in Gold League competition.

I wish I had some sense that Glu was paying any attention to the comments of players on this forum, but it doesn't appear that they are interested.