losing thousands of diamonds w/an empty vault

arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
Glu, how is it possible, that i continue 2 lose 1-3k diamonds everytime i am attacked after i just emptied my vault and my diamonds in production are just about empty as well, but yet i constantly get matched up in PVP events with people that have next 2 nothing 2 steal? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE AND HOW IS THIS FAIR!!!!!!

Comments

• PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    There's a hint that still displays while waiting for a mission to load, which tells you to collect your diamonds frequently to protect them from being stolen, and I've read that's the way the game worked originally. Apparently GLU developers decided that players were not staying connected long enough -- they'd start the game, fight a few PvP battles, collect their winnings, then close the game for a while. They decided to address this by allowing people to raid both collected and uncollected diamonds, so there is no longer any secure diamond storage. That's the way bases have worked since before I started playing, although the obsolete hint hasn't been removed from the rotation and it generates a lot of complaints.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    arnman wrote: »
    Glu, how is it possible, that i continue 2 lose 1-3k diamonds everytime i am attacked after i just emptied my vault and my diamonds in production are just about empty as well, but yet i constantly get matched up in PVP events with people that have next 2 nothing 2 steal? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE AND HOW IS THIS FAIR!!!!!!

Are you inferring to the possibility that if we have a very small amount of diamonds, that we are matched up to players with small amounts to steal from?

Of course, that isn't inferring that if we have a lot of diamonds, that we will be matched up with defenses that also have a lot to steal from, as we already know Glu tries to limit our game progress; especially if we are trying to play for free.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    Are you inferring to the possibility that if we have a very small amount of diamonds, that we are matched up to players with small amounts to steal from?

Of course, that isn't inferring that if we have a lot of diamonds, that we will be matched up with defenses that also have a lot to steal from, as we already know Glu tries to limit our game progress; especially if we are trying to play for free.

No, what I'm questioning is 1st, how can u have thousands stolen from u when ur vault is empty and there are minimal diamonds in production, esp if u collect approx 9% of someones diamonds (as was indicated in another thread about a month back) when u attack someone? 9% of nothing, or just about nothing, shud b just that...nothing or maybe 100 give or take...not 1, 2 or almost 3k. And 2nd, if i am constantly losing that much with an empty vault and almost empty diamonds in production, why isnt everyone else? How or why am i constantly getting matched up with people that have less than 100 diamonds, or just a few hundred? How is it that they r giving up so little (assuming they r empty too) but i give up a lot?
    No, what I'm questioning is 1st, how can u have thousands stolen from u when ur vault is empty and there are minimal diamonds in production, esp if u collect approx 9% of someones diamonds (as was indicated in another thread about a month back) when u attack someone? 9% of nothing, or just about nothing, shud b just that...nothing or maybe 100 give or take...not 1, 2 or almost 3k. And 2nd, if i am constantly losing that much with an empty vault and almost empty diamonds in production, why isnt everyone else? How or why am i constantly getting matched up with people that have less than 100 diamonds, or just a few hundred? How is it that they r giving up so little (assuming they r empty too) but i give up a lot?
    That IS a good question, if for example your vault was empty and your 'to collect' diamond production fund holds a maximum of 5,760 while people are still able to steal 3,000 in a single attack. However, if your diamond production fund maxes out at 20K+ diamonds, I can see people being able to steal 2,000, or so, at a time; with the next person waiting an hour until your production fund replenishes itself back to 20K+.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts

Personally, I've lost diamonds while even playing the game ... but I have also noticed, even after collecting thousands of diamonds (whether collected or not) that no one player can steal them all, so there must be some sort of unpublished "cap" on how many you can steal.

Haven't figured out what that cap is yet though. I still think it best to periodically collect your diamonds ...

Scorpion
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Personally, I've lost diamonds while even playing the game ... but I have also noticed, even after collecting thousands of diamonds (whether collected or not) that no one player can steal them all, so there must be some sort of unpublished "cap" on how many you can steal.

Haven't figured out what that cap is yet though. I still think it best to periodically collect your diamonds ...

Scorpion

The 'attacked while signed on', 'to collect' function not working, and 'PVP crashed when I tried to collect my reward' issues seem to be tied to being disconnected from the Glu game server while still 'looking like' you're connected. We used to get in-game error messages every time we were disconnected, for any reason, which didn't allow us to proceed in the game. Now those disconnected error messages seem to only pop up AFTER we try to use a game function that requires us to be connected; like collecting diamonds, PVP rewards, or being matched up in PVP; with Glu saying "check your internet connection" and players saying "my internet connection is great, it has to be on Glu's end".

There are set 'caps' for the maximum amount of diamonds you can take from someone; current cap is 14,500 diamonds, even if someone has 250,000 - 512,000 in there vault and another 43,000 in the 'to collect' fund. I think the previous tier's cap was 12,700?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    After upgrading my base I had about 506 diamonds in my vault. When I signed on the next day, I had lost around 6000 diamonds. Nothing is safe.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
    Tanner96 wrote: »
    After upgrading my base I had about 506 diamonds in my vault. When I signed on the next day, I had lost around 6000 diamonds. Nothing is safe.

How much does your 'to collect' diamond production fund hold? Like I wrote before, they're probably stealing from the fund that constantly creates more diamonds to steal from. It takes 10 hours for that fund to go from 0 to the maximum. Obviously the biggest player complaint is not having a safe place to put your diamonds, so you can log off of the game for more than a second without getting stolen from.

Can I purchase a better security door for my base? Can I move a server rack in front of it while I'm gone? Maybe put a few rocket turrets on either side of the the entrance...
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    I can get 7400 in my "to collect" area. I guess that's where they got them from.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad: