Grrrr.. New content.... Why is it so hard to fix????

bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
Why the f... is it so hard to fix the New Content?
Now it's the second time today I get a pvp match marked as lost just because of this ****ty programming.

Just add an extra buttom that says 'Later' and force to restart the game when I'm on main screen and NOT DIRECTLY AFTER A PVP MATCH!!!

This is another thing Handles has passed on to the dev team months ago but they don't giva a f!!!

orhuo5.png
===============
One BITE at a time!

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bys wrote: »
    Now it's the second time today I get a pvp match marked as lost just because of this ****ty programming.

Just add an extra buttom that says 'Later' and force to restart the game when I'm on main screen and NOT DIRECTLY AFTER A PVP MATCH!!!

This is another thing Handles has passed on to the dev team months ago but they don't giva a f!!!

orhuo5.png

Not 100% sure of this, but the content is most likely required to continue the game. since PvP is 24/7 there's no way to schedule downtime for maintenance either. I too got this message, it was just the luck of the draw that I wasn't in a battle at the time, but it has happened to everyone.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    bys has a point that's also bitten me, and I made the same unanswered question to GLU.

Rather than pop this message in between winning a PVP but before you can click on the claim button(s) to register, the only choice is to restart which registers your defeat. Not as bad during league events, happened to me during global and I lost my winning streak.

Is it so hard to put a simple conditional statement into the program to wait to issue the message AFTER the pvp has registered?

I agree, GLU has to give us these content updates - sales items, new guns, global prizes, software changes and on and on, but there's a right way to do it and this is the wrong way to do it.
    I definitely agree with you both. In the very least they can broadcast a message stating a restart will be required in 5 minutes. That would give people time to finish the battle and exit the game.

Now how do you get the message without interrupting your battle? They could leave a message in the Customer Care inbox, but then you would have to check for the message right?

I would cut the Global to 3 days ... I certainly would prefer that and it would give them a maintenance window for this sort of thing. But we know why this PvP / League is 24/7 don't we?

BTW wasn't the Global originally 3 days? I think they changed it when I first started playing CKS so I'm not sure ...
    That would be the perfect fix - as long as the milestones were adjusted!
  • legend_alegend_a Registered Users 63 Posts
    adding additional button"later"or "restart in 2 minutes" will solve the problem , this happened to all of us and cost win streak.
    another thing
    many times after i restart i don't find any new thing , now since GLU added in last update new button called what's new , why u don't add short description in it for the changes in the latest update , like new sale for weapons , new weapons added ,bug fix, ..... etc
    bys wrote: »

orhuo5.png

Just had a Content Update a few minutes, directly AFTER!!! I claimed (and checked battle log) a win!!!

Maybe they actually fixed this bug!?!? If so, GLU, thank you for this very frustrating problem. If you screw up, I'll complain. When you fix it, I'll give you a "job well done."
    try_again wrote: »
    Just had a Content Update a few minutes, directly AFTER!!! I claimed (and checked battle log) a win!!!

Maybe they actually fixed this but!?!? If so, GLU, thank you for this very frustrating problem. If you screw up, I'll complain. When you fix it, I'll give you a "job well done."

You spoke too soon brother ... immediately following the content update, I got the infamous server maintenance thing ... immediately following a PvP battle ... there goes the WIN streak.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    My clan on Amazon went nuts. Everybody lost their winning streaks. THANK, GLU
    I mean, how hard can it be, allow you to book the results of a contest, then restart.

What further proof do we need that Handles has no juice with "the team" than that this simple fix remains unresolved after weeks of player complaints?
  • bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    My clan on Amazon went nuts. Everybody lost their winning streaks. THANK, GLU
    I mean, how hard can it be, allow you to book the results of a contest, then restart.

What further proof do we need that Handles has no juice with "the team" than that this simple fix remains unresolved after weeks of player complaints?

It's not weeks.... it's at least 3-4 months.
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
    It had occurred to me when I posted this, that it might have just been an freak timing phenomena. I was so shocked at not loosing my win streak, I misdiagnosed what actually happened. <sigh>

I retract my one time compliment. How can something that would be so simple in a program to change, just continue without the easy fix? GLU has no idea what happens when you ruin a perfect attack record with an intrusive message bomb! Completely ruins the enjoyment of winning, and being able to keep your place on the leaderboard.

Edit: after posting this, lost my winning streak, picked an opponent, waited, waited, and crash. Perfect for 2 days, and game crashes. Now a looser.

Is GLU's motto "Play GLU games! We will make you losers - of time, of money, of self worth!"
    OK, this is the third content update this event. GLU, get your act together - you blew my winning streak yet one more time. Fix the problem PRETTY PLEASE?

On a side note, the update unveiled the HADES 11x heavy. Getting ready for next week. Now back to dropping a few levels in the global to slowly get back to another win streak.
    try_again wrote: »
    OK, this is the third content update this event. GLU, get your act together - you blew my winning streak yet one more time. Fix the problem PRETTY PLEASE?

On a side note, the update unveiled the HADES 11x heavy. Getting ready for next week. Now back to dropping a few levels in the global to slowly get back to another win streak.

Ditto ... another win streak bites the dust ...