Options

Decisions, Decisions!

Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
It's been a week since I came back into this game. I told myself that I would never play again because it was a distraction, but I couldn't resist it because I managed to finish school and have some free time. The game has changed drastically over the past 3 months and I'm finding my motives quite questionable.

I participated in the previous tournament and used 26 energy in winning an Assault weapon this week, the Garmr, which in total cost me approximately 180 gold. I've been on the forums and have come to the conclusion that upgrading my base and getting matched against people/bots with tier 10 bases and maxed out drones is a poor decision.

Overall, in the coming weeks for heavy and tesla rifles, should I expect to use 26 energy or more to win a gun? Did I make the right choice in participating for the Gramr rifle? Please feel free to judge and condemn me in any way you seek, the more criticism, the better.

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    It's been a week since I came back into this game. I told myself that I would never play again because it was a distraction, but I couldn't resist it because I managed to finish school and have some free time. The game has changed drastically over the past 3 months and I'm finding my motives quite questionable.

I participated in the previous tournament and used 26 energy in winning an Assault weapon this week, the Garmr, which in total cost me approximately 180 gold. I've been on the forums and have come to the conclusion that upgrading my base and getting matched against people/bots with tier 10 bases and maxed out drones is a poor decision.

Overall, in the coming weeks for heavy and tesla rifles, should I expect to use 26 energy or more to win a gun? Did I make the right choice in participating for the Gramr rifle? Please feel free to judge and condemn me in any way you seek, the more criticism, the better.

The Garmr is a good weapon once fully upgraded. I'm a little confused by your referring to using 26 energy to win a gun? Energy to me allows you to fight battles (26 energy gets you 26 fights and if you win them all that's 650 AP MAX) and I cannot possible count them ... it's gotta be in the millions.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    The Garmr is a good weapon once fully upgraded. I'm a little confused by your referring to using 26 energy to win a gun? Energy to me allows you to fight battles (26 energy gets you 26 fights and if you win them all that's 650 AP MAX) and I cannot possible count them ... it's gotta be in the millions.

I was referring to energy bars. The refills that you can get in game for gold. I used the energy to gain VP.
  • Options
    ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts
    Hey Angels. I have a feeling the Tesla this week will attract more players to compete. I don't think there's as much interest for an assault rifle because the Heavy/Tesla weapons perform so much better. Plus, people were still getting used to the new update last week.
    I think it'll require at least 250 of gold to finish in the top 30 and get a gun depending on how much you play. Just a guess tho. Good luck
  • Options
    I was referring to energy bars. The refills that you can get in game for gold. I used the energy to gain VP.

This must be something I'm not yet familiar with. When I think of energy, I am referring to the "lightening" bolt at the top of the PvP Screen, of which there are 3 maximum and cost 20 BARS of GOLD to get another 3. These take an hour to refill on their own.

I get the feeling you're referring to something else?
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    This must be something I'm not yet familiar with. When I think of energy, I am referring to the "lightening" bolt at the top of the PvP Screen, of which there are 3 maximum and cost 20 BARS of GOLD to get another 3. These take an hour to refill on their own.

I get the feeling you're referring to something else?

That's what I'm talking about. When you try to purchase more energy, you can buy one for 8 gold or 3 for 20 gold.
  • Options
    That's what I'm talking about. When you try to purchase more energy, you can buy one for 8 gold or 3 for 20 gold.

Right ... you must be on Amazon platform, I've heard everybody wins a prize on Amazon. I'm on Google ... just to win 20 parts of a weapon takes roughly 5,000 AP in Global; the equivalent of 200 energy if you win every match. ... and we haven't even started the League play yet .... JEEZ
  • Options
    unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    I did the same this week. Won the garmr this week. Cost about 80 gold this morning to get the parts I needed by winning the league. I paid for a tesla last week so not really fussed about this prize to be honest, although I would definitely recomend one, if you don't currently have one.
  • Options
    Mudbug308Mudbug308 Registered Users 65 Posts
    Unhappy was that you i was competing against, used up some gold trying to stay in first, thought i had enough of a lead so I stopped playing the last 20 mins, needed some sleep for work
  • Options
    unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    Possibly, sorry :-/

I finished league with about 156 points
  • Options
    Mudbug308Mudbug308 Registered Users 65 Posts
    Sounds about right now have another partial weapon that wont be able to use. This game needs an option to buy remaining parts using diamonds or cash. The spin for stuff is ****, tried it once and quickly realized it's not fun using up gold bars only to get knives and health packs.
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I'll probably end up with a Narwhal without spending any gold for energy because I play a lot and am in the Amazon league. I doubt that I'll win it straight-up, but should be able to complete it without much difficulty during silver league play. It'll be nice, but I'm having no trouble knocking over tier 10 bases with my (9.5x) Eclipse, so an upgraded Tesla probably won't be a game changer for me.

Ditto on the spins -- I bought 23 spins before realizing that the odds of winning anything useful must be really poor. I don't waste gold on them anymore.
  • Options
    duckmeatduckmeat Registered Users 79 Posts
    I'll probably end up with a Narwhal without spending any gold for energy because I play a lot and am in the Amazon league. I doubt that I'll win it straight-up, but should be able to complete it without much difficulty during silver league play. It'll be nice, but I'm having no trouble knocking over tier 10 bases with my (9.5x) Eclipse, so an upgraded Tesla probably won't be a game changer for me.

Ditto on the spins -- I bought 23 spins before realizing that the odds of winning anything useful must be really poor. I don't waste gold on them anymore.

I have done the spin 3 times and won 100 gold twice. The 3rd time was some bs rocket mod for the old drones. Its a **** prize for 20 gold

The drone box for 50 gold is so stupid I have to wonder if they let a monkey come up with that idea. It is completely useless, especially when you consider that you can get all of the stuff offered without even trying much less spending 50 gold.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things