Problems and Suggestions? Let's Keep it Real Please ...

amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
Guys and Gals,

I wanted to start a thread for one central repository for the PROBLEMS we encounter, as well as any suggestions that can be offered as potential solutions.

This thread is not for complaints or grievances ... just issues, so let's try to keep it civil OK?

I'll start it off with this one:

HANDLES: Perpetual 203160
NETWORK ERROR

RESYNCHRONIZATION WITH SERVER
NEEDED. THE GAME WILL NOW RESTART

ERROR CODE: 203160
DATE: Saturday 05/23/15 @ 08:30 PM EDT

The above started around 8:30 PM EDT (Sat) and occurs after each match. Holiday Weekend and you most likely will not receive this for a few days, but I wanted to note the date/time.

Platform: Google Android

As is often the case, a seemingly minor unrelated problem could be an EARLY SYMPTOM of subsequent cascading errors that result in a catastrophic failure, such as League Events not running 3 days later.

Whether or not the two are related is pure speculation on my part, but the inability to report the problem to someone at Glu is the biggest source of complaints and frustration among your customers.

Whether or not a problem can be easily remedied is a moot point if nobody knows that a problem even exists. Acknowledgement and Ownership of a problem is all we ask.
Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
Prev1

Comments

• duckmeatduckmeat Registered Users 79 Posts
    The Over and Under balanced PvP and the payout scales.

When I attack a 65k player my diamond payout should be vastly higher than when I attack a 3 or 5K player but it isnt. It is exactly the same.

Not to mention a PvP match up should be based on my tier and my equipped weapon.

My suggestion is do league events and PvP match up by player Tier and not weapon power.

If the league event prizes reflected a players tier my problem would be moot.

A 4-6 tier player has no need or use for a garmr. It makes the game so boring its pathetic there is no chance at all for me to lose when pitted against a player in my same tier or even 2 above me.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    duckmeat wrote: »
    The Over and Under balanced PvP and the payout scales.

When I attack a 65k player my diamond payout should be vastly higher than when I attack a 3 or 5K player but it isnt. It is exactly the same.

Not to mention a PvP match up should be based on my tier and my equipped weapon.

My suggestion is do league events and PvP match up by player Tier and not weapon power.

If the league event prizes reflected a players tier my problem would be moot.

A 4-6 tier player has no need or use for a garmr. It makes the game so boring its pathetic there is no chance at all for me to lose when pitted against a player in my same tier or even 2 above me.

So you picked up on the SUPERIOR weapon thingy ... I remember, while still closing contracts, grabbing a TESLA. I said to myself ... "JEEZ What Have I Done ... I just Destroyed My Gaming Experience". That quickly faded when I started taking the Global PvP seriously. My first goal was to win a better TESLA and that 9.5 TESLA won me many a battle over the weeks that followed.

Good suggestion but consider that player tier or victory point match ups will result in an inexperienced player going up against a max'd out spook who has little or no victories. Something else is clearly needed though ...
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    So you picked up on the SUPERIOR weapon thingy ... I remember, while still closing contracts, grabbing a TESLA. I said to myself ... "JEEZ What Have I Done ... I just Destroyed My Gaming Experience". That quickly faded when I started taking the Global PvP seriously. My first goal was to win a better TESLA and that 9.5 TESLA won me many a battle over the weeks that followed.

Good suggestion but consider that player tier or victory point match ups will result in an inexperienced player going up against a max'd out spook who has little or no victories. Something else is clearly needed though ...

Well I'm open to anything better than what we have now.

Though I am currently trying to get this tesla up for grabs now I have 25 parts.

Speaking of which 5 parts is pointless. There is nothing you can do with 5 parts. They should increase it to 10 or even better do away with it and give 5 gold or something.
    Well I'm open to anything better than what we have now.

Though I am currently trying to get this tesla up for grabs now I have 25 parts.

Speaking of which 5 parts is pointless. There is nothing you can do with 5 parts. They should increase it to 10 or even better do away with it and give 5 gold or something.

Whatever you do, DON'T SPEND any GOLD. You can't complete the weapon even if you WIN the event and collect 20 parts. You'll end up with 45 parts like I did recently with the Bastet. Glu might try to make up lost League Event Day, but I seriously doubt that will ever happen.
    How about this, on both occasions when League was shortened ... once League Event resumed, it was of a shortened duration, I believe 12 hours for both, if I'm not mistaken. That's why it was easy for me to predict when service would be restored. It also would explain why Android users "lost" that last day after the upgrade, there was simply a timing issue, a "missed window of opportunity" if you will.

Using that line of logic, it should therefor be possible to split a single 24 hour event into TWO 12 hour events. Everything is the same, everyone is happy (including Glu), the exact same amount of time is expended ... with the only difference being paying customers can complete their weapons.

So this is my proposal to get us EVEN, HANDLES ... split a future league event in TWO, the FIRST to make up for lost days and give us a chance to complete those weapons, the SECOND is the regularly scheduled event. Now surely this compromise is worthwhile to sunset this controversy, ONCE and FOREVER, since you've already demonstrated that it is technically feasible.

SO ... I hold out my humble hat and say PLEASE ...
  • Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts
    Whatever you do, DON'T SPEND any GOLD. You can't complete the weapon even if you WIN the event and collect 20 parts. You'll end up with 45 parts like I did recently with the Bastet. Glu might try to make up lost League Event Day, but I seriously doubt that will ever happen.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but we can all forget about makeup parts for the Bastet.
    In Glu's weapons download today they put a 10.5 heavy with the exact same specs as the Bastet up for
    1500 gold.
    So says Glu to us "There you go boys,there's you a heavy,now give us your hard earned money and all will be happy."
    Merc316 wrote: »
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but we can all forget about makeup parts for the Bastet.
    In Glu's weapons download today they put a 10.5 heavy with the exact same specs as the Bastet up for
    1500 gold.
    So says Glu to us "There you go boys,there's you a heavy,now give us your hard earned money and all will be happy."

The hell you say ??? They get us coming and going without the benefit of any lubrication ... this system is on autopilot so anything we get cannot disturb the "schedule". If the latest proposal gets blown away, then I'm throwing in the towel ...
    The hell you say ??? They get us coming and going without the benefit of any lubrication ... this system is on autopilot so anything we get cannot disturb the "schedule". If the latest proposal gets blown away, then I'm throwing in the towel ...

Yes they have a 10.5 heavy with the exact same specs as the Bastet for the low low price of 1500 gold or just a bit over 50.00 U.S dollars.
    Seems to me that all this shortening days to build is a conspiracy on their part to get us to shell out the cash if we want the weapons.
    Yes they have a 10.5 heavy with the exact same specs as the Bastet for the low low price of 1500 gold or just a bit over 50.00 U.S dollars.
    Seems to me that all this shortening days to build is a conspiracy on their part to get us to shell out the cash if we want the weapons.

Yep .. people who wouldn't normally spend large amounts of GOLD do so during these short events. Last I checked 2 hours ago, the event leader has 259 AP with 8-9 hours to go.. That's insane ... roughly 100 AP above where it should be. I guess he wants to be sure he completes his weapon.

NOW GET THIS ... he's at 314 AP and is doing all this damage with a 5.5 Tesla, 5.0 Heavy, 6.0 Sniper and Assault ... I don't know how, but he's doing it at level 68 and 5,000 VP. The next guy is at 128 AP. Either he's really enjoying himself or is certifiable.

whats the latest proposal?
    It's in this thread (Page 1 around 7:30) ... in short split a future League Event (24 hours) into TWO 12 hour League Events ... FIRST to make up for lost League Event Day (give guys a chance to complete their weapons) and SECOND as regularly scheduled event.

I think that's fair and reasonable ... but those words don't appear to be part of the Glu vernacular, so we'll see what happens. I am skipping this weeks Global PvP / League Events, as well as any future events (not buying any more GOLD) until we get a resolution.

*** SMILES ***

Well ... this makes that lost Bastet feeling of being "extorted" cut to the bone !!! We could have had that weapon 2-3 weeks back ... JEEZ ... it may not be extortion, but it sure "feels" like it.
    Well ... this makes that lost Bastet feeling of being "extorted" cut to the bone !!! We could have had that weapon 2-3 weeks back ... JEEZ ... it may not be extortion, but it sure "feels" like it.

Yes might as well wait it out now.Next weekend starts the event for the new 11.5 heavy anyways.
    Good old Glu,at least they are very predictable with their contests.
    Bad thing for me lol next weekend starts family vacation week so no 11.5 heavy in my future.
    Trust me the wife would not understand having to postpone vacation because I need a new heavy lmao.
    Oh well it looks like my next heavy won't come till July when I can go for the 12.5.
    Good luck next week and I hope you get the 11.5
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Yes might as well wait it out now.Next weekend starts the event for the new 11.5 heavy anyways.
    Bad thing for me lol next weekend starts family vacation week so no 11.5 heavy in my future.
    Trust me the wife would not understand having to postpone vacation because I need a new heavy lmao.
    Oh well it looks like my next heavy won't come till July when I can go for the 12.5.

Cmon Merc just tell your wife you spent all the vacation money on a very important game that's an intrigal part of your life... I'm sure she would understand LMAO. Hope you have a great vacation!

True .. it's bad enough that she knows you play, postpone vacation? You might as well post your obituary now !!!

Cmon Merc just tell your wife you spent all the vacation money on a very important game that's an intrigal part of your life... I'm sure she would understand LMAO. Hope you have a great vacation!

Thanks Joe.My wife is a very very patient woman,she has put up with my assorted game playing for years,but I guess I could get by for a week without excessive game playing,too bad it is heavy week though haha.
    Yes she knows I play,she's put up with me for years and my assorted video game playing.But yes to postpone vacation I could see my obituary now
    Merc316
    Died at his residence from being beaten over the head with his iPad while playing Contract Killer Sniper lmao.
    Yes she knows I play,she's put up with me for years and my assorted video game playing.But yes to postpone vacation I could see my obituary now
    Merc316
    Died at his residence from being beaten over the head with his iPad while playing Contract Killer Sniper lmao.

LMAO ... Have fun on your vacation !!! I know you'll take your iPad with you LOL
    Here's a thing (bug, glitch, falsehood, whatever) that's been bugging me from Day #1. When you're upgrading a weapon, you're presented with two choices, in this case we'll use: 100,000 DIAMONDS ... 150 GOLD ... you tap on the DIAMONDS option but you don't have enough diamonds right ...

... so you're presented with two more options, GO TO PvP ... OR ... 192 GOLD

Why on Earth would someone choose 192 GOLD ??? Why has it taken so long to fix it ??? This has got to be an easy fix ...

But I already know the answer: Glu - "Leave it in, maybe some dummy will tap 192 GOLD" ... Now to be fair, someone could TAP it by mistake, but really ... come on.
    Here's a thing (bug, glitch, falsehood, whatever) that's been bugging me from Day #1. When you're upgrading a weapon, you're presented with two choices, in this case we'll use: 100,000 DIAMONDS ... 150 GOLD ... you tap on the DIAMONDS option but you don't have enough diamonds right ...

... so you're presented with two more options, GO TO PvP ... OR ... 192 GOLD

Why on Earth would someone choose 192 GOLD ??? Why has it taken so long to fix it ??? This has got to be an easy fix ...

But I already know the answer: Glu - "Leave it in, maybe some dummy will tap 192 GOLD" ... Now to be fair, someone could TAP it by mistake, but really ... come on.

Nail on the head.

I have decided to quit all Glu apps and products. Even getting the free gold they still get paid for the ad time. I will no longer contribute to a company that sh-its on its customers for fun.
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    One problem i have with this game is that the app constantly crashes on me in the overnight hrs. I used 2 b able 2 stay logged in all night long but that pretty much ended 3-4 wks ago, and now...forget it...constantly crashes. It does it at times during the day 2 but it happens EVERY NIGHT 4 sure! I play on a Samsung Galaxy S5.
  • 6352763527 Registered Users 64 Posts
    arnman wrote: »
    One problem i have with this game is that the app constantly crashes on me in the overnight hrs. I used 2 b able 2 stay logged in all night long but that pretty much ended 3-4 wks ago, and now...forget it...constantly crashes. It does it at times during the day 2 but it happens EVERY NIGHT 4 sure! I play on a Samsung Galaxy S5.

Your problem is the Samsung Galaxy S5. The recent update must be causing the problem you speak of.
    arnman wrote: »

63527 hit it right ... did you recently get an update from Samsung? Specifically an Android Update?
    To Buy OR Not? Here is an Example of One of the FEW GOOD THINGS About This Game:

Just Starting Out ??? ... THIS IS IMPORTANT !!!

This weekend's Global PvP Features the CAIN Sniper (76.8K) TOP 10; EVE (64K) next 11-30 AND Parts (League Events)

I should mention that I am only playing for diamonds this PvP cycle so I can fully equip my NARWAHL (currently 80% Equipped) and it was never my intention to compete for another sniper, but I just couldn't pass this up because it doesn't come around very often. If you still have three (or more) campaigns open, this is a must consider; it will take you through the rest of the campaigns, which is unusual for a Sniper Rifle.

The STORE has two SNIPERS ... ADAM (10.0-51.2K) for 1.4M CASH and ADAM ELITE (10.5-76.8K) for 480 GOLD ($19.99). This SNIPER can also be fully equipped using mostly CASH.

Unless you're competing PvP for the fun of PvP or just playing for the diamonds like myself, this is a NO BRAINER since winning the equivalent weapon(s) outright would cost 10 TIMES that amount in GOLD (probably more).

The only CAVEAT is I am not sure what LEVEL you need to be at for this offer to be unlocked.

Good Hunting !!!
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    This weekend's Global PvP Features the CAIN Sniper (76.8K) TOP 10; EVE (64K) next 11-30 AND Parts (League Events)

The STORE has two SNIPERS ... ADAM (10.0-51.2K) for 1.4M CASH and ADAM ELITE (10.5-76.8K) for 480 GOLD ($19.99). This SNIPER can also be fully equipped using mostly CASH.

Good point. Scorpion! Yesterday, I broke my resolution not to give GLU money and bought the Adam Elite (480 Gold, $19.99). I upgraded it from the 14.5 million game dollars that I have and now can sleep through the Global, spending only free energy. A bargain!
    bradr752 wrote: »

Good point. Scorpion! Yesterday, I broke my resolution not to give GLU money and bought the Adam Elite (480 Gold, $19.99). I upgraded it from the 14.5 million game dollars that I have and now can sleep through the Global, spending only free energy. A bargain!

I just grabbed the ADAM for CASH and I've got several million bucks stashed for the upgrade as well.

I'm trying NOT to break my GOLD boycott ... but that will be extremely hard when the HEAVIES are up for grabs.

*** SMILES ***
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I just grabbed the ADAM for CASH and I've got several million bucks stashed for the upgrade as well.

Either weapon should actually be great for the forseeable future. Glu must be slipping: offering inexpensive weapons that are not obsolete as soon as you get them upgraded.

I really didn't need un ugraded Sniper, they are not practical in PVP and my old one hadn't given me any trouble in the campagins, but they are fun to use and the game is after all, called CK Snipoer.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Either weapon should actually be great for the forseeable future. Glu must be slipping: offering inexpensive weapons that are not obsolete as soon as you get them upgraded.

AGREED ... As I mentioned, I can only recall one other instance when this happened AND I passed on that one. I said NEVER AGAIN LOL

BTW ... still no word from HANDLES ...
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    63527 hit it right ... did you recently get an update from Samsung? Specifically an Android Update?

Actually, there was a system update a month or so ago, i never thought of that, but i guess that must b the problem...so this is Samsungs fault!
    Nail on the head.

I have decided to quit all Glu apps and products. Even getting the free gold they still get paid for the ad time. I will no longer contribute to a company that sh-its on its customers for fun.

Yep ... the Great Escape, "All In Game Purchases Are Final ... " ... SORRY to see you go !!!