Still it has not beeb given any explanation???

Chipp116Chipp116 Registered Users 61 Posts
Still it has not been given any explanation ??? Shameful !!! This rabble are so there !!! Not a sad explanation, nothing ... As if nothing had happened and many of us are left with the TESLA and half BLASET because some idiot decided that Android customers, had to annoy us, robbing us one day and day and part of another in the race ... SHAME !!!
Prev1

Comments

• Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Chipp116 wrote: »
    Still it has not been given any explanation ??? Shameful !!! This rabble are so there !!! Not a sad explanation, nothing ... As if nothing had happened and many of us are left with the TESLA and half BLASET because some idiot decided that Android customers, had to annoy us, robbing us one day and day and part of another in the race ... SHAME !!!

They will try to brush it under the rug...... Shhhhhh, just forget about it.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Obi Wan [aka GLU] passes hand over gamer's head “there is no trouble here, You can continue on your way."

The force it appears is not with the customer.
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    Obi Wan [aka GLU] passes hand over gamer's head “there is no trouble here, You can continue on your way."

The force it appears is not with the customer.

That is not the quote!

However, the explanation was a technical error on the Android server that stopped the event from going live. Also it doesn't appear that the event will be extended this week.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    That is not the quote!

However, the explanation was a technical error on the Android server that stopped the event from going live. Also it doesn't appear that the event will be extended this week.

When there is a technical problem like this and an event is shortened, why can't Glu simply raise the number of the parts awarded to restore some measure of fairness to the process?
  • Dr.MeDr.Me Registered Users 19 Posts
    Since we are talking quotes, I have one " A goal that can not be achieved is not worth pursuing and a game that has that is not worth playing"
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    How about this, on both occasions when League was shortened ... once League Event resumed, it was of a shortened duration, I believe 12 hours for both, if I'm not mistaken. That's why it was easy for me to predict when service would be restored. It also would explain why Android users "lost" that last day after the upgrade, there was simply a timing issue, a "missed window of opportunity" if you will.

Using that line of logic, it should therefor be possible to split a single 24 hour event into TWO 12 hour events. Everything is the same, everyone is happy (including Glu), the exact same amount of time is expended ... with the only difference being paying customers can complete their weapons.

So this is my proposal to get us EVEN, HANDLES ... split a future league event in TWO, the FIRST to make up for lost days and give us a chance to complete those weapons, the SECOND is the regularly scheduled event. Now surely this compromise is worthwhile to sunset this controversy, ONCE and FOREVER, since you've already demonstrated that it is technically feasible.

SO ... I hold out my humble hat and say PLEASE ...
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    Great proposal Scorpion!
    Handles wrote: »
    That is not the quote!

Handles, first of all it is a quote, you just don't remember that Star Wars moment - google it. Secondly to blame it on a technical error is misleading, and tries to hoodwink us with a smoke and mirrors excuse.

I can understand a hardware error being a viable blame, but the "technical" excuse is to disguise a programmer(s) or operator(s) making yet one more blunder causing the high paying customers in the Gold league, and many in the Silver League to have wasted their time and money buying gold to compete in this bug riddled Android game. Computers don't make mistakes.

Own up to it and support your customer, not make meaningless excuses. You may think GLU pays your paycheck, but guess who pays GLU?
    Scorpion - Great idea. Makes perfect sense!
    And now, wait for it, I can hear it coming...

"I will pass it on to the dev team." ahh, I feel so much better now.
    LOL ...

HANDLES don't let them blow this one off, get them to at least consider the proposal and give you a REASON why this cannot be done. After all it should be obvious it will not go away because now we're talking customers who feel their money was taken without the promise of getting what they paid for.

We've adapted to spooks (when there weren't any), MAX'd out drones/defenses, drone "FUSE" feature that's broken, etc. This series of lost event days just reminds everyone of everything that is wrong with the current release. Fix this one and I guaran****tee you things will quiet down.
  • duckmeatduckmeat Registered Users 79 Posts
    Computers don't make mistakes.

I'm not excusing Glu in any way here, but me thinks you do not know what a computer is. However its okay because “Happens to every guy sometimes this does”
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    LOL ...

HANDLES don't let them blow this one off, get them to at least consider the proposal and give you a REASON why this cannot be done. After all it should be obvious it will not go away because now we're talking customers who feel their money was taken without the promise of getting what they paid for.

We've adapted to spooks (when there weren't any), MAX'd out drones/defenses, drone "FUSE" feature that's broken, etc. This series of lost event days just reminds everyone of everything that is wrong with the current release. Fix this one and I guaran****tee you things will quiet down.

Im quitting if they drop this Tesla event.
  • bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    Scorpion - Great idea. Makes perfect sense!
    And now, wait for it, I can hear it coming...

"I will pass it on to the dev team." ahh, I feel so much better now.

LMAO!
    That is one line that will solve anything.... Too many things have gone that way. Just swept under the rug called "sending it to the dev team". Many months ago Handles said a fix was coming soon for the "level up-missing gold"-thing but it is still "under the rug".

I was a paying customer and I'm still playing the game but I have stopped paying and the thing that tipped me over not to pay was when GLU in v3.0 raised the cost to upgrade your base. GLU almost raised the cost 10 times!!
    There is a name for it, greed...
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • HalfassedHalfassed Registered Users 35 Posts
    Looks like the tesla event was extended a day. It would have been nice if they had told us in advance.
    duckmeat wrote: »
    I'm not excusing Glu in any way here, but me thinks you do not know what a computer is. However its okay because “Happens to every guy sometimes this does”

I thought it was a device that stores and manipulates data - and the data being a group of on/off switches, there is no half way on or half way off.

I'd love for you to enlighten my supposed lack of knowledge.
    Halfassed wrote: »
    Looks like the tesla event was extended a day. It would have been nice if they had told us in advance.

What makes you say this? The Global PvP "Sniper" Competition is well underway ... the League Events have concluded with just 1.5 days. Are you sure you didn't mistake new Global for League Event?
  • TBKTBK Registered Users 20 Posts
    Where has the "Tesla event been extended". I am an Android user and had only two league events to complete Tesla. I was 251st in global (15 parts), 4 th in 1st silver league, (12 parts), 3rd in 2nd silver league (16 parts). If I had known there would have not been a 3rd league event, I would have played differently. The last league event was super competive.with 4 of us all over 300 vp. (I.e. we were spending gold). If we had known this was last event, we would have played differently. I would have known I had no chance to complete the Tesla even if I won (4 more points.) I am ****ed and will be setting out the next event. As a top 5 Clan leader I am encouraging my clan to do the same.
    I thought it was a device that stores and manipulates data - and the data being a group of on/off switches, there is no half way on or half way off.

It's semantics, somewhat similar to Guns Don't Kill People, People Do ... and it's an argument you can't win ... back on point Gents
    TBK wrote: »
    Where has the "Tesla event been extended". I am an Android user and had only two league events to complete Tesla. I was 251st in global (15 parts), 4 th in 1st silver league, (12 parts), 3rd in 2nd silver league (16 parts). If I had known there would have not been a 3rd league event, I would have played differently. The last league event was super competive.with 4 of us all over 300 vp. (I.e. we were spending gold). If we had known this was last event, we would have played differently. I would have known I had no chance to complete the Tesla even if I won (4 more points.) I am ****ed and will be setting out the next event. As a top 5 Clan leader I am encouraging my clan to do the same.

Absolutely, I'm sitting out future events as well (just don't buy anything with GOLD). Unfortunately this isn't the first time and it won't be the last. We've proposed some ideas that could fix this, but it may fall on deaf ears and I'm not very optimistic.
    Sorry, my mistake. I assumed we were only getting 1.5 days to get the tesla, so I went all out in the first half day to win, getting 300 points in 13 hours,getting all my parts today. I didn't look closely because I knew I wasn't going to play today. Silver league players had to win at least once, or place 2-3 twice. Gold league got completely screwed, not being able to win at all.
    Halfassed wrote: »
    Sorry, my mistake. I assumed we were only getting 1.5 days to get the tesla, so I went all out in the first half day to win, getting 300 points in 13 hours,getting all my parts today. I didn't look closely because I knew I wasn't going to play today. Silver league players had to win at least once, or place 2-3 twice. Gold league got completely screwed, not being able to win at all.

NO need to apologize, we only got 1.5 league days to get the Tesla ... aahhh so you were that 300+ AP lunatic LOL

Good Hunting !!!
  • Chipp116Chipp116 Registered Users 61 Posts
    That's the explanation? That was a mistake? And you? We must be content with that? Come on, what would come to be that we have to keep like it or not ... that's it ... Oh dear !!!
    Chipp, if my apology wasn't enough, post your address and I'll send you a present.
  • Chipp116Chipp116 Registered Users 61 Posts
    jajajajajajajaja !!!! It was not the matter with you !!! It was with Handles, for as brief explanation he offered ..

Here is a list, possibly not complete of possible errors that are made by computers.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/resources/fl/system-error-codes.htm?r=9F
    duckmeat wrote: »
    Here is a list, possibly not complete of possible errors that are made by computers.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/resources/fl/system-error-codes.htm?r=9F

You have blindly come to an incorrect assumption! You notice the word Software in your link? Note also the word Windows? It's a operating system program, too. Like I said - a computer manipulates states of on or off. Yes, it could be in the machine level operating code bios, but that too, is a program.

And that brings me back to my original point, the programmers and IT operators are the ones who are screwing up this program. Not the computers. Rookie blunder!
    You have blindly come to an incorrect assumption! You notice the word Software in your link? Note also the word Windows? It's a operating system program, too. Like I said - a computer manipulates states of on or off. Yes, it could be in the machine level operating code bios, but that too, is a program.

And that brings me back to my original point, the programmers and IT operators are the ones who a screwing up this program. Not the computers. Rookie blunder!

I'm gonna cook this puppy for ya ...

Has your cable ever gone out?

Has your car ever refused to start?

Machines break down for a variety of reasons ... wear and tear, age, poor maintenance, etc. but to make an error is purely a human characteristic ... there's an old saying ... Garbage In ... Garbage Out ...

However, a computer is only as good as the software running on it. By the same token, without software a computer might as well be a boat anchor ...

So, in a way, you are both correct *** SMILES *** Now when computers become "self aware" ...
    ... Terminator just came to mind LOL
    We can have an extended philosophical debate about computers and software and their various failings, but in the end this is not about the hardware or the software, it is about the people who run them and their indifference to the end user. Server glitch? Apologize for the inconvenience, accept responsibility, fix the problem and move on. Precious little of that here.

And that brings me back to my original point, the programmers and IT operators are the ones who are screwing up this program. Not the computers. Rookie blunder!

It is apparent my first statement was correct. You do not understand what a computer is.

A computer is more than just on or off.

com·put·er
    kəmˈpyo͞odər/
    noun
    an electronic device for storing and processing data, typically in binary form, according to instructions given to it in a variable program.

Computers are made by man and subject to the same mistakes and flaws.
    duckmeat,

A good homework exercise for you will be to post a new thread on this: "Glu Needs to Buy Better Computers".

That should solve the problem!