Options

Question about Bastet?

Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
Is the Bastet good on short fights with a defense of 69k or do you still need medpacks etc.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Is the Bastet good on short fights with a defense of 69k or do you still need medpacks etc.

Thanks!

Bastet (fully equipped) should be effective with 69k defenses WITHOUT the 369k drone. Word about drone, minimum of 2 medkits is required and if you see that Missile Lock icon on the HUD .... do not duck ... RUN !!!
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts

Thanks!

I require 1 Medpack on most 69K short contests.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info much appreciated! As you can see in heavy weapons they are offering a weapon with same stats as the Bastet but it's 1500 gold pretty expensive but maybe not as expensive as when competiting for it. Also noticed in the sniper category it's only 480 gold to get the same comparable weapon as the league event is offering. Much cheaper to buy then compete for.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info much appreciated! As you can see in heavy weapons they are offering a weapon with same stats as the Bastet but it's 1500 gold pretty expensive but maybe not as expensive as when competiting for it. Also noticed in the sniper category it's only 480 gold to get the same comparable weapon as the league event is offering. Much cheaper to buy then compete for.

While it is hard to see why anyone would buy or compete for a Sniper rifle, the Adam Elite at 480 Gold is an incredible bargain, if it is possible to say that about anything that Glu offers. At 118 K, 10.5 stars it is identical to the Cain, which is the Event top 10 prize this weekend. Compare it to the Trocar 59 k, 9.5 stars which is for sale for 1500 Gold. Winning the Cain is going to be way more expensive. When I was still throwing money at Glu, I figured that winning the top 10 weapon on the IOS platform cost between $200 and $300. The Adam Elite at $20 cost looks like a steal. Then again, do you really need a state of the art Sniper?

Slipping in my resolve: It has been 13 days since I resolved to cut Glu off and I have given Glu $20.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    While it is hard to see why anyone would buy or compete for a Sniper rifle, the Adam Elite at 480 Gold is an incredible bargain, if it is possible to say that about anything that Glu offers. At 118 K, 10.5 stars it is identical to the Cain, which is the Event top 10 prize this weekend. Compare it to the Trocar 59 k, 9.5 stars which is for sale for 1500 Gold. Winning the Cain is going to be way more expensive. When I was still throwing money at Glu, I figured that winning the top 10 weapon on the IOS platform cost between $200 and $300. The Adam Elite at $20 cost looks like a steal. Then again, do you really need a state of the art Sniper?
    Only for the next update is my thinking as to get through all the levels you do need something current if you don't already have one. This was my problem last update I had to buy a sniper gun and fully upgrade it. So my thinking was for $20.00 bucks no upgrade needed. But I'm like you and really hate to toss GLU any money until they resolve their current issues at hand.
  • Options
    Only for the next update is my thinking as to get through all the levels you do need something current if you don't already have one. This was my problem last update I had to buy a sniper gun and fully upgrade it. So my thinking was for $20.00 bucks no upgrade needed. But I'm like you and really hate to toss GLU any money until they resolve their current issues at hand.

True confession: I picked up the Adam Elite for the IOS platform earlier on the dubious theory that owning it would remove the temptation to spend a lot more competing for the Cain.

I am hoping to pick up the Eve on the Amazon platform spending only free energy credits, either by placing in the top 30 or in next week's Silver League.
  • Options
    unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    I'm guessing you can only see the Adam Elite because you are level 90. I only have the aligator elite because i am stuck at level 69..!
  • Options
    unhappy wrote: »
    I'm guessing you can only see the Adam Elite because you are level 90. I only have the aligator elite because i am stuck at level 69..!

Unfortunately, that is the way Glu has designed the game. New weapons become available as you advance. Knowing that it makes sense to upgrade weapons only as necessary, since you can sometimes skip a generation, particularly in non-essential weapons. I have said it elsewhere but I will repeat it here: The only weapon that needs to be the latest and greatest that you can afford is the Heavy gun. Everything else can wait.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, that is the way Glu has designed the game. New weapons become available as you advance. Knowing that it makes sense to upgrade weapons only as necessary, since you can sometimes skip a generation, particularly in non-essential weapons. I have said it elsewhere but I will repeat it here: The only weapon that needs to be the latest and greatest that you can afford is the Heavy gun. Everything else can wait.

AGREED ... stop reminding me about my lost Bastet ... keep ripping off the scab LMAO
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    AGREED ... stop reminding me about my lost Bastet ... keep ripping off the scab LMAO

There is a lovely Seth heavy for sale for only 1500 Gold, or if you are in the market for something a little more modest, you can pick up a nice Osiris for a measly 1300 Gold.
  • Options
    I'll see what the next Global has to offer ... only an 11.5 is attractive to me now, somehow I've tweaked my tactics using the Mercury and I'm winning shorts again. Still haven't got a cure for max'd out drone yet, but I'm working on it LOL
  • Options
    I'll see what the next Global has to offer ... only an 11.5 is attractive to me now, somehow I've tweaked my tactics using the Mercury and I'm winning shorts again. Still haven't got a cure for max'd out drone yet, but I'm working on it LOL

I am impressed. I have a 10.5 Horus and am using Medpacks like crazy. In fact, I am probably going to have to give Glu a little more money. I have a ton of Energy credits, but the Drones and the 69 K short defenses are chewing through my supply of Medpacks.
  • Options
    I am impressed. I have a 10.5 Horus and am using Medpacks like crazy. In fact, I am probably going to have to give Glu a little more money. I have a ton of Energy credits, but the Drones and the 69 K short defenses are chewing through my supply of Medpacks.

Believe me it takes plenty of running and ducking. The max'd out defense/drone combo is still brutal and requires multi-medkits here as well, but at least I can take some max'd defense shorts, and stop burning diamonds, with some confidence.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    My answer would be if you start off at the back of the room on the right side, or the front of the room, no med kit necesary. If you start of at the left side of the bottom floor or top of the floor, you'll need a med pack. After using quite a few med packs, I generally avoid the short 69.12 players, and don't touch any short attacks with drones. Better to waise diamonds on different player than gold on med packs.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    My answer would be if you start off at the back of the room on the right side, or the front of the room, no med kit necesary. If you start of at the left side of the bottom floor or top of the floor, you'll need a med pack. After using quite a few med packs, I generally avoid the short 69.12 players, and don't touch any short attacks with drones. Better to waise diamonds on different player than gold on med packs.

I'll give that a try and see if I can make it work for me ... thx for the tip !!!

I have also noticed that the one SHORT that is identical to the LONG, except you're using different weapons, is much easier than the usual SHORT.

Most likely because you have some cover and the high ground ...

... another suggestion (to even things out a bit) that fell on deaf ears.
  • Options
    ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts

Thanks!

Hey Joe. My answer is yes it's good on short fights in its base form. You have to be smart about how you fight (short quick bursts then duck) but can usually get away with not having to use med kits.
    It's GREAT on short fights upgraded. Mine is at 123.39K which is level 3 upgrade all around and tears thru enemies. Again, you need to use common sense and pay attention to what you're doing but the upgrades really help, especially the fire rate. The problem I have now is continuing to upgrade it. Level 4 upgrades require 213,000 diamonds which are hard to collect because I don't keep my phone on this game 24/7. I feel that does serious damage to the battery and will shorten the life of my phone.
  • Options
    Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts
    try_again wrote: »

I tried this tip using nothing but my fully upgraded Gamr 10.5 assault rifle.It worked like a charm on that 69k short base.No health kits were used.
    I had to do a little running side to side but got it done with plenty of time left.
  • Options
    BTW ... Did anyone win that 14.5 HEAVY offered during last PvP?
  • Options
    Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts

What was its name of that 14.5 Heavy gun?

I saw only 11.5 Naga Heavy Gun from super VIP this week.
  • Options
    I was in gold league I last event and Kitty's correct there was no 14.5 Heavy just the one she mentioned.
  • Options

Gold League played for the Sekhmet Heavy 10.5 Max power 192 K. I was in the Gold League on Amazon which started a day and a half late, leaving me with 26 parts and no hope of completing it. Thanks again Glu.
  • Options
    Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts
    Bradr, please feel free to chat with us in clan elites, we share many info and would like to hear from you as well.
  • Options
    Bradr, please feel free to chat with us in clan elites, we share many info and would like to hear from you as well.

Thanks for the reminder. I haven't been as active on the IOS platform since I don't really need a weapons upgrade and I am bogged down in the endless, useless process of Drone upgrade. Maybe chatting will get my enthusiasm back!
  • Options
    What was its name of that 14.5 Heavy gun?

I saw only 11.5 Naga Heavy Gun from super VIP this week.

Not sure, but I remember seeing a couple of those Pop Up Ads. It could be it was a VIP Prize ... or maybe I am delusional :-)

Con Ed Utility is outside running a new cable and has temporarily shut off power. Luckily I have UPS and 4G Data ... always wanted to test my setup to see if it works ... well I've got my answer.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts
    There is a lovely Seth heavy for sale for only 1500 Gold, or if you are in the market for something a little more modest, you can pick up a nice Osiris for a measly 1300 Gold.

If you can hold out on the purchase of a heavy and wait until next Wednesday when the new region downloads you will get a one time deal on the Osiris for 50% off for only 650 Gold.Do the first heavy mission when they let you try it out then they offer you the one time deal.
    That's the way they have been doing this for the past couple of months at least.
  • Options
    Merc316 wrote: »
    If you can hold out on the purchase of a heavy and wait until next Wednesday when the new region downloads you will get a one time deal on the Osiris for 50% off for only 650 Gold.Do the first heavy mission when they let you try it out then they offer you the one time deal.
    That's the way they have been doing this for the past couple of months at least.

Spoken like the true veteran that you are ... thx for the heads up !!!
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Merc316, if your predictions are true, these new updates will have me reeling. It's getting so you don't know what to concentrate on in this game, base upgrades, weapons, weapon upgrades, or drones...

We're all coal miners digging diamonds as fast as we can, and the parakeets stoped chirping some time ago! If you get my drift.