Global Event

arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that ever since 3.0 came out, moving up in the Global Event requires an insane amount of play time? I used 2 easily b able 2 move up 2 the 1000 to 1200 level with a fairly minimal amt of play time, but now, i cant even break past 10,000. Just add this 2 another LONGGGGGGG list of things that GLU has made worse!!!!

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    arnman wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that ever since 3.0 came out, moving up in the Global Event requires an insane amount of play time? I used 2 easily b able 2 move up 2 the 1000 to 1200 level with a fairly minimal amt of play time, but now, i cant even break past 10,000. Just add this 2 another LONGGGGGGG list of things that GLU has made worse!!!!

Are you seroous about 10,000 RANK? What platform and AP total ???
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »

I don't know what platform this guy is on but do you know how many registered players are on IOS? Give up? 4,429,128 players, with prizes on the Global Event for the First 100,000. I sleep in on Thursday morning register my first kill at 7 am. My rank: 59, 678th place. Hard to believe with such a frustrating game!
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Started a brand new game Friday from beginning on Amazon 93VP. I'm tier 2, x2 weapons, and 163rd place not playing full time. Won't make silver league, and would not want to get that x11.5 heavy - I'd never endure one bullet from the bases I'd only be given!

arnman - if your android, come join the fun!
    try_again wrote: »
    Started a brand new game Friday from beginning on Amazon 93VP. I'm tier 2, x2 weapons, and 163rd place not playing full time. Won't make silver league, and would not want to get that x11.5 heavy - I'd never endure one bullet from the bases I'd only be given!

I am in 78 place, with 4448 points, looking for a top 90 finish to craft the Medusa in the Silver League next week. With 31 hrs to go, 1st place has 26300 points, 10th has 14700, 3rd has 8100. Looks like at least 50 players will make the Gold League. Serious play!
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I don't know what platform this guy is on but do you know how many registered players are on IOS? Give up? 4,429,128 players, with prizes on the Global Event for the First 100,000. I sleep in on Thursday morning register my first kill at 7 am. My rank: 59, 678th place. Hard to believe with such a frustrating game!

The reason I asked about AP total was because he said he had a problem moving past RANK 10,000. I usually start 3 hours late and RANK between 30,000-40,000 after 1st 3 kills ... but that evaporates real quick BUT 4.5 MILLION ... they can't all be playing are they?
    I am in 78 place, with 4448 points, looking for a top 90 finish to craft the Medusa in the Silver League next week. With 31 hrs to go, 1st place has 26300 points, 10th has 14700, 3rd has 8100. Looks like at least 50 players will make the Gold League. Serious play!

That sounds right ... I have 4100 AP and RANK 108

YEAH I have noticed that early comers have the same chance as vets. At least with a 2.0 rating you'll never see a max'd out tier 11 LMAO
    That sounds right ... I have 4100 AP and RANK 108

One of the things that strikes me: throwing a lot of money into finishing in the top 30 makes no sense at all, since the creation of the Silver League. Finish in the top 250, then pick up the parts next week, shouldn't cost anything.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    One of the things that strikes me: throwing a lot of money into finishing in the top 30 makes no sense at all, since the creation of the Silver League. Finish in the top 250, then pick up the parts next week, shouldn't cost anything.

It depends on the bracket you're in. If your bracket is extremely competitive and you have no gold, you're screwed! Also, Glu has been known to have screwed up on the competing times, I'm always scared that the competition days might start 1 or 2 days late.

Absolutely !!! 2,000 BARS to make TOP 50 is my estimate and you could double that trying to get to TOP 30. Best to just play it out for free and play the league events especially since the game is essentially unstable.

I can confirm that the CLOSE APP work around works on NETWORK ERROR exactly as I predicted ...
    ... I lost battle and diamonds but retained my win streak.

Now the more frequent CONTENT UPDATE needs to be tested. That's the one that's killing everyone's win streaks. If it passes the acid test, then we have a work around, I hope

*** SMILES ***
    It depends on the bracket you're in. If your bracket is extremely competitive and you have no gold, you're screwed! Also, Glu has been known to have screwed up on the competing times, I'm always scared that the competition days might start 1 or 2 days late.

The shortened League events are a factor. And I keep worrying that Glu will change the rules and not offer parts in the Silver League. A top 30 finish in IOS this weekend will require over 12,000 points, that's a $100 buy-in, best case, probably more, and that is now longer acceptable to me.
    The shortened League events are a factor. And I keep worrying that Glu will change the rules and not offer parts in the Silver League. A top 30 finish in IOS this weekend will require over 12,000 points, that's a $100 buy-in, best case, probably more, and that is now longer acceptable to me.

YEP 2,000 BARS was my estimate ... I don't think IOS and Google are much different in that regard.
    YEP 2,000 BARS was my estimate ... I don't think IOS and Google are much different in that regard.

With a Top 90 finish, and 35 parts, I do not intend to let them do what they did to you: I intend to get the remaining parts in the first day or two, even if I have to throw some cash at it. BTW, how is the new Heavy working? Did you get it upgraded?
    With a Top 90 finish, and 35 parts, I do not intend to let them do what they did to you: I intend to get the remaining parts in the first day or two, even if I have to throw some cash at it. BTW, how is the new Heavy working? Did you get it upgraded?

Good idea ... my plan was always to wrap things up on DAY 1, but during BASTET week I got lazy and didn't play hard figuring I could get 15 parts blindfolded and hand-cuffed ... BIG MISTAKE.

The result was 35 + 5 + 5 + ??? LOL
    Good idea ... my plan was always to wrap things up on DAY 1, but during BASTET week I got lazy and didn't play hard figuring I could get 15 parts blindfolded and hand-cuffed ... BIG MISTAKE.

The result was 35 + 5 + 5 + ??? LOL

I gotta tell ya, I am ducking the 92.1 K Short defenses,and I am not sure an 11.5 Heavy is going to change that.
    I gotta tell ya, I am ducking the 92.1 K Short defenses,and I am not sure an 11.5 Heavy is going to change that.

This is the trick bag they have put us in. The 10.5 is a month old and is only effective against TIER 10, But I had to pick up the SETH to be able to compete for the 11.5 HEAVY. So it's disposable and only good for the next couple of weeks weeks while I upgrade the 11.5 ... now here's the kicker.

By the time we fully equip the 11.5 and are somewhat successful against TIER 10s and TIER 11s (no drones), it will be time for the next heavy because if they release yet another update it will take us to TIER 12 ... Hell I just opened up the 3rd column (base economy) for TIER 10. So the next 3 Global Events will be to finally catch up. No sense winning a 12.0 weapon with a TIER 10 defense.

If they don't fix this fiasco this week, then they need to delay the next update for another month. People like me on Android are still trying to recover from the upgrade lost day. To throw a max'd out TIER 12 spook at us is genocide. LMAO

That will be the end ...
    I was disappointed to see Tier 11 so soon. I should be able to complete Tier 10 in my Amason account shortly. You have heard my horror stories with the Tier 11 upgrade in IOS.The fixed it but now the fix has disappeared, vault too small to do further upgrades.

I am struggling with the issue of where to invest Diamonds from my Vault, secondary weapons upgrades make sense, but now it appears that both the drone and the Base upgrade systems are broken. Hopefully, by the time I have got a new Heavy up to speed, they will fix one or the other.
    I was disappointed to see Tier 11 so soon. I should be able to complete Tier 10 in my Amason account shortly. You have heard my horror stories with the Tier 11 upgrade in IOS.The fixed it but now the fix has disappeared, vault too small to do further upgrades.

I am struggling with the issue of where to invest Diamonds from my Vault, secondary weapons upgrades make sense, but now it appears that both the drone and the Base upgrade systems are broken. Hopefully, by the time I have got a new Heavy up to speed, they will fix one or the other.

You mean to say that Glu actually "fixed" a bug? Then rolled back the fix and for what reason? I know they didn't give a reason.

I did notice quite a stream of content updates last week, that's when spooks started hiding in places where I couldn't shoot at them ... almost like they were testing the lab animals to see how they would react to new scenarios. Then it disappeared ...

You ever get the feeling that someone is watching your battles? Like OK he won that battle, let's throw this at him and see how he responds LOL There's that paranoia again *** SMILES ***

So you are collecting diamonds, cannot upgrade the base because your vault is too small, etc etc

There's that GLU FACTORY circular reasoning again ... JEEZ ... as far as the drone issue, I really can't use it at all. I suppose it were capable of helping me win a battle, like lock on to an enemy drone and kill it, it would have purpose.
  • Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts

Bradr, this week for iOS platform is quite hard for players between top 31-50 as their score already passed 8,500 and then they could not get part of secondary weapon but they will enter into gold league. It will be so painful, no weapon and fight with top players in gold league.

I will see many players play hard to enter into top 30 before the tournament end tomorrow.
    Bradr, this week for iOS platform is quite hard for players between top 31-50 as their score already passed 8,500 and then they could not get part of secondary weapon but they will enter into gold league. It will be so painful, no weapon and fight with top players in gold league.

I will see many players play hard to enter into top 30 before the tournament end tomorrow.

Ah YES the TOP 50 ... I call it the GREAT WALL because in order to get past it one must spend GOLD equivalent to what they've already spent on the 1st three days combined. You will qualify for GOLD LEAGUE simply because you've spent so much GOLD but there is still no guarantee you'll make TOP 30 either.

The TOP 30 on Google are usually RANK #1 40,000 AP through RANK #30: 15,000-20,000 AP

I definitely want to play GOLD LEAGUE one day for the experience, then I can finally close the book. But to WIN the Global Prize outright requires a mental defect OR an extremely large ego. I can't see spending 5,000 GOLD to win a weapon that's worth 1,000 GOLD .... just doesn't make sense.
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts

I play on Android...Samsung Galaxy S5 and my AP, if u r referring 2 attack power, is 89k on my sniper at the moment and i think 91k (fully upgraded) on my automatic. This 3.0 has just sucked all around...the whole drone system is ridiculous, winning PVP battles is impossible unless they r much much weaker than i am, and getting anywhere in the Global Event as i sd, is impossible as well. I dont c how u r able 2 get up at the top of the leaderboard unless u r playing this non-stop all day long.
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts

I dont know if i could stand starting this game over from the beginning again with all the time and effort i have put in2 this game 2 get 2 where i am (tier 10 with 10.0x powered weapons).
    arnman wrote: »
    I play on Android...Samsung Galaxy S5 and my AP, if u r referring 2 attack power, is 89k on my sniper at the moment and i think 91k (fully upgraded) on my automatic. This 3.0 has just sucked all around...the whole drone system is ridiculous, winning PVP battles is impossible unless they r much much weaker than i am, and getting anywhere in the Global Event as i sd, is impossible as well. I dont c how u r able 2 get up at the top of the leaderboard unless u r playing this non-stop all day long.

AP is Assassin Points .. check leader board. Did you finish your campaigns? Are your BASE and weapons fully equipped. I actually play pretty casual.