Game crashing???

arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
My game/app is crashing constantly, literally every 10-15 min, and this is now the 3rd day in a row. Is anyone else experiencing this? This is very frustrating for multiple reasons, but 1, bc i am getting kicked out in the middle of pvp's, and of course then, it records as a loss and i lose an energy.

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    arnman wrote: »
    My game/app is crashing constantly, literally every 10-15 min, and this is now the 3rd day in a row. Is anyone else experiencing this? This is very frustrating for multiple reasons, but 1, bc i am getting kicked out in the middle of pvp's, and of course then, it records as a loss and i lose an energy.

When you say "crash" do you mean faulting and exiting the game without warning? OR are we talking about freezing up to the point where you cannot play the game?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    When you say "crash" do you mean faulting and exiting the game without warning? OR are we talking about freezing up to the point where you cannot play the game?
    I mean exiting the game w/o warning.
    I mean exiting the game w/o warning.

I have never experienced that kind of behavior per se, but it could be caused by another running task that interferes with the game in some way. I have a TASK MANAGER on my device that kills as many background tasks as possible BEFORE launching the game. On ANDROID devices the only technical explanation for the OS killing the task (game) would be a short on resources type scenario. In that case the OS is protecting ITSELF by terminating tasks ... there are ways to monitor and record what an app is doing leading up to the crash ... what platform are you on?
    I have never experienced that kind of behavior per se, but it could be caused by another running task that interferes with the game in some way. I have a TASK MANAGER on my device that kills as many background tasks as possible BEFORE launching the game. On ANDROID devices the only technical explanation for the OS killing the task (game) would be a short on resources type scenario. In that case the OS is protecting ITSELF by terminating tasks ... there are ways to monitor and record what an app is doing leading up to the crash ... what platform are you on?[/QUOTE

Android...i play on a Samsung Galaxy S5, and this crashing/exiting has been happening now 4 days straight, every 15-30 mins. I have lost several PVP battles now bc of this.
    Android...i play on a Samsung Galaxy S5, and this crashing/exiting has been happening now 4 days straight, every 15-30 mins. I have lost several PVP battles now bc of this.

Try installing the All-In-One Toolbox ... then get the GAME BOOSTER plugin. Once you set it up, you can launch the game from within GAME BOOSTER. Game Booster is a FREE and simple app. It will "kill" any back ground tasks (except those critical to Android) before launching your app. Let's see if the problem persists afterwards.

From there we can figure out if it's some other app causing the problem OR just a short on resources type problem. To offer an English, non techno babble explanation of what I suspect is going on ....

Available memory is an often misunderstood term. You can have 1.5 GB of free memory and STILL run out of it. That's because the free RAM is NOT where application code is executed. It runs in something called a HEAP, and that is a very "finite" resource, for lack of a better term. What we're trying to do is clear the HEAP.

Of course, inefficient code can exhaust the HEAP memory very quickly.
    Try installing the All-In-One Toolbox ... then get the GAME BOOSTER plugin. Once you set it up, you can launch the game from within GAME BOOSTER. Game Booster is a FREE and simple app. It will "kill" any back ground tasks (except those critical to Android) before launching your app. Let's see if the problem persists afterwards.

From there we can figure out if it's some other app causing the problem OR just a short on resources type problem. To offer an English, non techno babble explanation of what I suspect is going on ....

Available memory is an often misunderstood term. You can have 1.5 GB of free memory and STILL run out of it. That's because the free RAM is NOT where application code is executed. It runs in something called a HEAP, and that is a very "finite" resource, for lack of a better term. What we're trying to do is clear the HEAP.

Of course, inefficient code can exhaust the HEAP memory very quickly.

TYVM 4 the info. I installed both and already, the AIO Toolbox cleaned up about 700 mb of space, so that is good. I will let u know if the game booster changes anything or if the app keeps crashing.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    I am having the same issue except on an iPad. CKS is the only app running and the game will fault and exit without warning. It happens most of the time either in the middle of a battle or during the loading of the battle. The result is the same, a loss of the win streak.

Does anyone know of a fix for the Ipad?
    TYVM 4 the info. I installed both and already, the AIO Toolbox cleaned up about 700 mb of space, so that is good. I will let u know if the game booster changes anything or if the app keeps crashing.

I'll take it that since you haven't posted since this morning either your problem is fixed OR it's so bad you've given up LOL Let me know what happened either way.
    concerned wrote: »
    I am having the same issue except on an iPad. CKS is the only app running and the game will fault and exit without warning. It happens most of the time either in the middle of a battle or during the loading of the battle. The result is the same, a loss of the win streak.

I don't know too much about iPads ... try sending a PM to BRADR752.
    I'll take it that since you haven't posted since this morning either your problem is fixed OR it's so bad you've given up LOL Let me know what happened either way.

Well, actually, it seems 2 have gotten worse now. It is crashing within 5-10 mins aftr logging in and it is constant. This is so stinkin frustrating. I now have 1.5 gb of space on my phone (thx 2 AIO) and that made no difference, so obviously that had nothing 2 do with it, and playing thru the game booster made no difference either. I am beyond ticked off...i have lost a lot of PVP bc of this...
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    concerned wrote: »

My ipad occasionally checks out of CKS without notice. I am never sure whether is is an IOS problem or a CKS problem, but Glu is always guilty until proven innocent in my mind. I have the same issue more frequently with my Kindle and the Amazon platform. If it is an occasional problem, just learn to view it as part of the "charm" of the game. If it is a frequent occurence backup your device, delete CKS and then restore. That has worked for me several times of the last several months. Good Luck!
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    My ipad occasionally checks out of CKS without notice. I am never sure whether is is an IOS problem or a CKS problem, but Glu is always guilty until proven innocent in my mind. I have the same issue more frequently with my Kindle and the Amazon platform. If it is an occasional problem, just learn to view it as part of the "charm" of the game. If it is a frequent occurence backup your device, delete CKS and then restore. That has worked for me several times of the last several months. Good Luck!

Fortunately, it has been an only occasional problem. It just irritates me to no end when it happens during a global win streak.
    Well, actually, it seems 2 have gotten worse now. It is crashing within 5-10 mins aftr logging in and it is constant. This is so stinkin frustrating. I now have 1.5 gb of space on my phone (thx 2 AIO) and that made no difference, so obviously that had nothing 2 do with it, and playing thru the game booster made no difference either. I am beyond ticked off...i have lost a lot of PVP bc of this...
    ...and since i cant stay logged in and since i seem 2 b getting attacked a lot more now, i am losing a lot of diamonds now 2...i am getting ready 2 call it quits with this game, it is just getting out of hand with all of the problems..not fun any more!