Options

HANDLES: Really bad frame/video lag after v3.01

bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
After the v3.01 update the frame/video lag during matches is bad. When my drone starts to fire the video lag gets bad and makes it impossible to aim. Only good thing is that my drone doesn't fire that often...

When a defending drone is added to the mix the frame/video lag/jump gets even worse.

How is it possible that this problem wasn't found during testing?
Is it being worked on to fix asap??

iPhone 6+
iOS 8.3
===============
One BITE at a time!

Comments

• Options
    Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    bys wrote: »
    After the v3.01 update the frame/video lag during matches is bad. When my drone starts to fire the video lag gets bad and makes it impossible to aim. Only good thing is that my drone doesn't fire that often...

When a defending drone is added to the mix the frame/video lag/jump gets even worse.

How is it possible that this problem wasn't found during testing?

Is it being worked on to fix asap??

iPhone 6+
    iOS 8.3
    I'm having the same issues. It seems the drone & when the Juggarnaut shows up I can't aim or play with the frame rate going crazy. I didn't have this issue before the update and fear I now won't have a chance in this upcoming PVP.
  • Options
    freddagofreddago Registered Users 39 Posts
    I have the same problem. I have to search for an easy target to be able to play at all.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I thought this was fixed ... Well it's a combination of all the new textures, exploding rounds, rocket contrails, tracer rounds but the biggest contributor are the TWO drones being on the battle field at the same time and when they start firing FORGET ABOUT it. I think you all know how I feel about drones; at best they're a nuisance and at worse you cannot play the game the way it was intended.

Handles is there anyway at all I can get rid of my drone? I play against enemies all the time who don't have them. Why can't I get rid of mine? I've tried blowing him up, shooting him in the head, walking him into a den of enemies and locking the door ... the **** thing just won't DIE !!! PLEASE TAKE THIS DRONE AWAY ... I'm begging you ..... he has become my nemesis.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I thought this was fixed ... Well it's a combination of all the new textures, exploding rounds, rocket contrails, tracer rounds but the biggest contributor are the TWO drones being on the battle field at the same time and when they start firing FORGET ABOUT it. I think you all know how I feel about drones; at best they're a nuisance and at worse you cannot play the game the way it was intended.

Handles is there anyway at all I can get rid of my drone? I play against enemies all the time who don't have them. Why can't I get rid of mine? I've tried blowing him up, shooting him in the head, walking him into a den of enemies and locking the door ... the **** thing just won't DIE !!! PLEASE TAKE THIS DRONE AWAY ... I'm begging you ..... he has become my nemesis.

Patience, Grasshopper. I know that the upgrade is not working for some, but it may just solve your problems. I am really enjoying the upgrade (and my Drone)
  • Options
    More like weedhopper LOL but I'll wait and see ... after all I really have no choice in the matter.

But I would LOVE to get rid of this thing. Had I known in the beginning the glitches this one feature would cause overall, I never would have built one to begin with.

As a matter of fact, just days after the 3.0 upgrade I warned HANDLES this was coming. By the time he got my message it was too late ... that Global had already ended and the DRONE problem had metastasized.
  • Options
    I see in many different threads that we are quite a few that are having this problem on iPhones.
    So far no reply from Handles.

So this is a .... bump ...
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Everyone having this issue please provide:

in game name:
    Device:

This will help the dev team figure out what is causing the issue and how to correct it.
  • Options
    Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Smokinjoe44
    iPhone 6 plus
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    The issue is set to have fixes in the next game update.
  • Options
    Handles wrote: »

And with game update you mean a new version on iTunes?
    Because the new files that were sent out for the new region and other stuff didn't help.

Any ETA on the frame rate fix?
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Handles said he would put out a new thread (hopefully a sticky) when he hears from the dev team on update releases. I hope he mentions in his posts to come, what the update is hoped to fix.

Patiently (not) waiting...
  • Options
    SlummerSlummer Registered Users 70 Posts
    Same here.
    iPad
    iOS 8.4

Frame freeze/lag and control issues are still bad. All started when new drones were introduced to game.
  • Options
    I don't think they will actually "FIX" the frame rate issue, but I am surprised that this issue exists on an iPhone 6 ... SMH
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    When is this update coming? I'm on iOS 8.4 also the opponent is hiding under the floor now making impossible to kill .
  • Options
    R1gol1n wrote: »
    When is this update coming? I'm on iOS 8.4 also the opponent is hiding under the floor now making impossible to kill .

Ran into one of those hiding spooks this morning 3rd or 4th battle right after Global started. It sort of baffles me how it appears that so much, in the way of resources, is expended updating this game AND nothing actually gets updated?
  • Options
    BigjoosBigjoos Registered Users 11 Posts
    This mad frame rate glitch has just began affecting me this weekend, like mentioned its happening in pvp, campaign the lot, anytime a juggernaut comes on screen or there's a lot happening, really is a PIA.

Bigjoos
    IOS8.4
    Iphone 5S

Nothing has changed on my end, this game ran fine up until you launched your new game MIRN, and funnily enough your new game is running super quick, co-incidence - must be eh : )