Guns and other stuff

Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
What happens if I win parts for a gun I already crafted? I'm playing the PVP for the 50 gold, but most of the time 100 wins my bracket.

Is it normal for a player to have guns not listed in the store? I saw a player with:
Sniper: 11.5 Flute Elite
Assault: 11.5 Mandolin
Tesla: 11.5 Eruption
Heavy: 10.5: Seth

While I can understand having one to two guns that aren't in the store anymore, but having 4 powerful guns that I don't see anywhere? How were these attained?

Comments

• bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Crafty042 wrote: »
    What happens if I win parts for a gun I already crafted? I'm playing the PVP for the 50 gold, but most of the time 100 wins my bracket.

If you already have the weapon, the screen shows that you won the parts, but says the weapon is crafted. In short nothing happens when you win parts of a crafted weapon.
  • Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    If you already have the weapon, the screen shows that you won the parts, but says the weapon is crafted. In short nothing happens when you win parts of a crafted weapon.

I assumed that would be the case. Be nice if I could sell them for gold to someone. ;) They need an ebay option where we can put parts up for sale to other players for gold! I "almost" feel bad if I win 1st, preventing someone from crafting a weapon, when all I want is the 50 gold.
    Anyone have any insight on the second part of my original question?
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Anyone have any insight on the second part of my original question?

Those players earned the guns in VIP events by spending 3,500-7,000 gold.
    Those players earned the guns in VIP events by spending 3,500-7,000 gold.

I was guessing that, but would be really, really surprised someone bought 4 weapons by spending that much gold! Especially since they only have 1,490 VP. I would think they would play a lot more to invest that much time/money into the game. Even if they got that much gold through tapjoy, I have no idea how the could afford to do that!
    I was guessing that, but would be really, really surprised someone bought 4 weapons by spending that much gold! Especially since they only have 1,490 VP. I would think they would play a lot more to invest that much time/money into the game. Even if they got that much gold through tapjoy, I have no idea how the could afford to do that!

You do know that this game has thousands of rich players, right? It's common to see spoiled brats playing it out!
    You do know that this game has thousands of rich players, right? It's common to see spoiled brats playing it out!

Perhaps. I'm just surprised by it still. Not including tapjoy, that's got to be almost $500, if not more, in gold to get those weapons and for someone that doesn't seem to play that often... or maybe just started?
    Perhaps. I'm just surprised by it still. Not including tapjoy, that's got to be almost $500, if not more, in gold to get those weapons and for someone that doesn't seem to play that often... or maybe just started?

I always ask myself this question. Why the hell would I want to spend 500 dollars on an imaginary gun if I could just buy one in real life?
    I always ask myself this question. Why the hell would I want to spend 500 dollars on an imaginary gun if I could just buy one in real life?

Because you can't shoot someone with the real one. At least you *shouldn't*.
  • Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts

They don't have to play to spend the gold.All they have to do is buy upgrades and stuff to spend the gold quickly.
    That's why you are seeing players that have maxed out bases,weapons and drones.
    All they need is to have several hundred dollars that they don't need then the ability to waste it and that super duper weapon is theirs.