MI: Rogue Nation

bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
I've been playing that new game Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation for a bit and it is a lot similar to CKS. Lots of the scenes are the same, same controls, same crystals you need etc etc...

But one thing I haven't seen (at least so far) in MI: Rogue Nation is all the erros we see in CKS.
MI: Rogue Nation hasn't given me any errors at all. so far...

It's just amazing that the same company can handle the errors in one game but have bugs, bugs and more bugs in another game...

But maybe it all comes down to that the number of players in MI: Rogue Nation isn't that many. Yet. So I guess we might be seeing the same errors pretty soon.
===============
One BITE at a time!

Comments

• bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    bys wrote: »
    I've been playing that new game Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation for a bit and it is a lot similar to CKS. Lots of the scenes are the same, same controls, same crystals you need etc etc...

But one thing I haven't seen (at least so far) in MI: Rogue Nation is all the erros we see in CKS.
    MI: Rogue Nation hasn't given me any errors at all. so far...

It's just amazing that the same company can handle the errors in one game but have bugs, bugs and more bugs in another game...

But maybe it all comes down to that the number of players in MI: Rogue Nation isn't that many. Yet. So I guess we might be seeing the same errors pretty soon.

hahaha, I shouldn't have written this post... Just tried both CKS and MI:RN and both of them have connection problems so I guess the servers at GLU are having problems....

Connection error 202197 on both games right now....
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    bys wrote: »
    hahaha, I shouldn't have written this post... Just tried both CKS and MI:RN and both of them have connection problems so I guess the servers at GLU are having problems....

Connection error 202197 on both games right now....

I tried it as well and received errors on it. Deleted it right away as one glu game is enough for me.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I noticed one of this forum's strongest contributors DavidT has not been with us for some time. I see he's still active on DH2013, though. He provided me a lot of help, and always enjoyed experimenting with the game.

Would love to know the reason for his moving on - maybe he was just too smart to be taken a carnies "mark" with this rigged game.

I'm still trying to learn that lesson, and thinking they will fix some of the many glitches.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    I noticed one of this forum's strongest contributors DavidT has not been with us for some time. I see he's still active on DH2013, though. He provided me a lot of help, and always enjoyed experimenting with the game.

Would love to know the reason for his moving on - maybe he was just too smart to be taken a carnies "mark" with this rigged game.

I'm still trying to learn that lesson, and thinking they will fix some of the many glitches.

I was just thinking the same thing not more than an hour ago. When I FIRST started playing this game, particularly PvP, I ran across a post of his entitled "The Dedication That's Required To Play This Game ... ". or something along those lines ... He was an invaluable source for me to get a bigger picture of how the game SHOULD be approached. He broke down Global AP totals, using GOLD, going sleepless, etc.

He convinced me, more like challenged me, to compete PvP, finish in the TOP 250, and complete my weapon in the Silver League WITHOUT SPENDING ANY GOLD. I took the challenge and succeeded.

I have NOT tried that again, it was simply too time consuming and exhausting.

In retrospect, I now realize that he was dumping his knowledge of the game on the forum hoping that someone would pick up where he left off. It's sort of a trivial thing, I know, after all it's just a game right? Now you know why SCORPION does what he does. BRADR752 was just as important, at the time his approach to the game was too expensive for my tastes, but between them I found a middle ground that I could live with.

Enough ... prepare for the most intense BATTLE you're yet to experience. Get some rest tomorrow; you're gonna need it !!!

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?129884-NEW-PLAYERS-Things-to-know-about-the-commitment-this-game-requires

I've also noted that many of you as a whole helped me out plenty in the early days AND by today's standards, the game was much easier. An additional note ... in less than 2-3 months, the AP total to win a Global Event has more than tripled ... RANK # 30 was achievable with 9,000 AP. Clearly the LEAGUE QUALIFICATIONS and MILESTONES have NOT kept pace with reality and need to be adjusted.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Out of all the players on this forum, I felt as though I could relate to him the most because he was the same as I. We were both free to play and achieved success. I ran across his base a couple of days ago and it looks like he stopped upgrading his base when it was tier 9. He was extremely kind to the noobs on this game because he would go out and break things down for them in a slow and patient manner. Most of the tactics used in the game are common sense and I don't believe needs an explanation.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Out of all the players on this forum, I felt as though I could relate to him the most because he was the same as I. We were both free to play and achieved success. I ran across his base a couple of days ago and it looks like he stopped upgrading his base when it was tier 9. He was extremely kind to the noobs on this game because he would go out and break things down for them in a slow and patient manner. Most of the tactics used in the game are common sense and I don't believe needs an explanation.

Going forward keep these words in mind when posting to this forum. Remember that what seems obvious to you, may not be the case to a new comer.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    Having read that thread, I agree with you all that DavidT had a greatly positive impact in this forum.
    Let's hope that he gets back.

On another topic; it was really fun reading your posts from April and May. For me it was like reading retro stories.

Some of them were really surprising (e.g. Bradr752's post: "I have a Bastet maxxed out at 157180 power, a 10.5 Heavy weapon and I am losing almost every short range contest, even using massive amounts of consumable, Medpacks, handgrenades and knives. No fun at all!"). Who would have thought that? :)

Others very informative and fun (eg. Scorpion's post:"So ends the great experiment in stamina ...
    1 minute left in Global PvP and I'm still alive ...Rank # 219... 5,107 APs ... 20 Weapons Parts SCORPION Rest In Pieces ;=) ... ;-) ... ;-) ") :)

Cheers
    You will go where you look at...