Base Upgrades

NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
Just a heads up on how much diamonds that are needed for base upgrades:

Tier 12 - Base Lima: 28.01M Diamonds
Tier 11 - Base Juliette: 17.52M Diamonds
Tier 10 - Base Juliette: 10.88M Diamonds
Tier 9 - Base India: 6.41M Diamonds

These does not include the diamonds that are required in order to jump from one base to another....
Prev1

Comments

• try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    If only PvP payouts kept up with this progression, I might be able to keep up. But, that looks completely out of reach.
  • NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    Noobie wrote: »
    Just a heads up on how much diamonds that are needed for base upgrades:

Tier 12 - Base Lima: 28.01M Diamonds
    Tier 11 - Base Juliette: 17.52M Diamonds
    Tier 10 - Base Juliette: 10.88M Diamonds
    Tier 9 - Base India: 6.41M Diamonds

These does not include the diamonds that are required in order to jump from one base to another....

So approx 63M gems from TIER 9 to TIER 12 and Total cost to get a Drone from 8 K to 64 K is 58.3 M.
    Nice. Food for thought. Thanks Noobie. Thanks Bradr752.
    You will go where you look at...
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    NK14 wrote: »
    So approx 63M gems from TIER 9 to TIER 12 and Total cost to get a Drone from 8 K to 64 K is 58.3 M.
    Nice. Food for thought. Thanks Noobie. Thanks Bradr752.

Definite food for thought. 28.01M + 58.3M = 86.31M diamonds.

As a free player, if you average 25K diamonds per win, it will take 3,452 wins.
    With 3 wins per hour, it will take 1,150 hours. (and no losses from game crashes and video lags).
    If you play 12 hours a day, it will take 96 days to complete these upgrades. Not to mention weapon upgrades.

Now the only problem is in the 3 months Tier 13, 14, and 15 has been released.
    Can you say 1 step forward, 2 steps back?
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    concerned wrote: »
    Definite food for thought. 28.01M + 58.3M = 86.31M diamonds.

As a free player, if you average 25K diamonds per win, it will take 3,452 wins.
    With 3 wins per hour, it will take 1,150 hours. (and no losses from game crashes and video lags).
    If you play 12 hours a day, it will take 96 days to complete these upgrades. Not to mention weapon upgrades.

Now the only problem is in the 3 months Tier 13, 14, and 15 has been released.
    Can you say 1 step forward, 2 steps back?

Great to know since I only recently opened the TIER 12 STATS and planned to start this costly upgrade this afternoon. 28M in diamonds sounds like an awful lot but is achievable in a month; roughly 1M per day.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Great to know since I only recently opened the TIER 12 STATS and planned to start this costly upgrade this afternoon. 28M in diamonds sounds like an awful lot but is achievable in a month; roughly 1M per day.

Don't forget about all the times you're going to be attacked!
    Don't forget about all the times you're going to be attacked!

LOL Funny Guy ... now you know I'm never attacked ... they see SCORPION come up on the screen and hit FIND TARGET ... LOL
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts

I agree, 1M a day is a reasonable expectation, and is very doable. But when you add everything up, it becomes very daunting.

I know I am sitting here wondering, where do I want to spend diamonds, I need the last 4 upgrades to open the Tier 12 base upgrade, drone is level 75, have a BASTET heavy, that I really don't want to do the last 2 upgrades on.

Getting the parts for a HUGINN is pretty much out of the question now. Currently at rank 930 with a win streak of 0, if I stay here, I will have 10 parts, so I would need a win and 2 top 3 finishes in league play.
    I agree, 1M a day is a reasonable expectation, and is very doable. But when you add everything up, it becomes very daunting.

I know I am sitting here wondering, where do I want to spend diamonds, I need the last 4 upgrades to open the Tier 12 base upgrade, drone is level 75, have a BASTET heavy, that I really don't want to do the last 2 upgrades on.

Getting the parts for a HUGINN is pretty much out of the question now. Currently at rank 930 with a win streak of 0, if I stay here, I will have 10 parts, so I would need a win and 2 top 3 finishes in league play.

DRONES are expensive no doubt, that's why mine is at 13.3K (I think). It's a background task for me at best. Newly won weapons comes first, then the base defense.

You can easily make TOP 250 (20 PARTS) and that will only require 1 League victory to get to 40 and mop up the rest. The run from RANK #1000 to RANK #250 isn't as hard as it looks. You could very well string 20 WINS in a row and be at 500 in no time, but you will need to start soon if you want to avoid spending GOLD. I would spend the 48 GOLD and get that streak going first though.
    I know I am sitting here wondering, where do I want to spend diamonds

Bradr752 and Scorpion have issued a "PHD thesis" on this issue buddy. Check earlier threads (eg. Drone Upgrades)
    Cheers
    DRONES are expensive no doubt, that's why mine is at 13.3K (I think). It's a background task for me at best. Newly won weapons comes first, then the base defense.

You can easily make TOP 250 (20 PARTS) and that will only require 1 League victory to get to 40 and mop up the rest. The run from RANK #1000 to RANK #250 isn't as hard as it looks. You could very well string 20 WINS in a row and be at 500 in no time, but you will need to start soon if you want to avoid spending GOLD. I would spend the 48 GOLD and get that streak going first though.

Well said buddy but I think it's a bit late for him now.
    I'm at rank 250 and I'm struggling to stay there.
    And I have to hit the sack at some point soon.
    NK14 wrote: »
    Well said buddy but I think it's a bit late for him now.
    I'm at rank 250 and I'm struggling to stay there.
    And I have to hit the sack at some point soon.

If you can breach the first GREAT WALL, you may get the sleep you deserve and keep those 20 PARTS.
    If you can breach the first GREAT WALL, you may get the sleep you deserve and keep those 20 PARTS.

Breaching the Great Wall: costs 40 lousy golds
    Beyond the Great Wall: #224 and ... 20 parts down 30 more to go
    STATUS: Similar to Kassandra's in Troy when giving a prophecy...
    Cheers
    After a thorough analysis and careful consideration, I've concluded that 29 MILLION diamonds is better spent on something that can actually KILL opponents and WIN battles ... LITTLE ME ... provided of course, I can ever motivate myself to get on that PvP horse again !!!

If there is one thing, not having an event to compete in, has forced down my throat, it's the boring repetitive nature of PvP itself. No variety in months, not even a single NEW scenario ... talk about a lack of entertainment ... JEEZ (I'm screaming right about now).

*** SMILES ***
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    After a thorough analysis and careful consideration, I've concluded that 29 MILLION diamonds is better spent on something that can actually KILL opponents and WIN battles ... LITTLE ME ... provided of course, I can ever motivate myself to get on that PvP horse again !!!

If there is one thing, not having an event to compete in, has forced down my throat, it's the boring repetitive nature of PvP itself. No variety in months, not even a single NEW scenario ... talk about a lack of entertainment ... JEEZ (I'm screaming right about now).

*** SMILES ***

As I have been telling you for a while now, have you looked at the "new" campaign? Same old, same old. I love the Drone, at 65 K it's beginning to irritate me; it kills stuff before I can get to it.
    I remember he pillaged all the diamonds from the Tesla and Heavy campaigns!

So, Scorpion, do you plan to concentrate just on the drone? And start "dropping" in upgrading to new weapons? At least you're caught up on base upgrades, lucky you!
    try_again wrote: »
    I remember he pillaged all the diamonds from the Tesla and Heavy campaigns!

So, Scorpion, do you plan to concentrate just on the drone? And start "dropping" in upgrading to new weapons? At least you're caught up on base upgrades, lucky you!

Well I have no new weapons to upgrade (the CLARINET will take care of itself when necessary), the TIER 12 BASE is too expensive given the return, so that only leaves the DRONE ... LITTLE ME deserves some upgrades. Maybe 20-25M diamonds will actually get me somewhere ... we shall see **SMILES**
    bradr752 wrote: »
    As I have been telling you for a while now, have you looked at the "new" campaign? Same old, same old. I love the Drone, at 65 K it's beginning to irritate me; it kills stuff before I can get to it.

Kills stuff BEFORE you can? and you're complaining? LMAO
    Well I have no new weapons to upgrade (the CLARINET will take care of itself when necessary), the TIER 12 BASE is too expensive given the return, so that only leaves the DRONE ... LITTLE ME deserves some upgrades. Maybe 20-25M diamonds will actually get me somewhere ... we shall see **SMILES**

What level are you at with your Drone. I can probably tell exactly how much Drone power you can buy for 29 M.
    What level are you at with your Drone. I can probably tell exactly how much Drone power you can buy for 29 M.

I am presently at 13.3 K I believe, lets say 13K using round numbers.
    I am presently at 13.3 K I believe, lets say 13K using round numbers.

Scorpion, if you are at 13.2K now you are on level 77. An investment of 27.8 M would put you at Level 92, which is at the magic 52 K power level where all the good 52 K weapons can be slapped on your Little Guy.

However, Scorpion, don't go anywhere just yet, because I will shortly post a compelling argument for prioritizing Base Economy upgrades. I think that your battles with Glu have left you (and the rest of us) a little bit jaded. I am hoping to bring back a ray of sunshine into the Base upgrade process.
    Those of you who have followed my posts know that I have never been a fan of Base upgrades except to Base Economy. That is still my position and I advocate other Base upgrades only to get to the next round of Base Economy upgrades.

Here is my Tier 11 to Tier 12 analysis:

A fully upgraded Tier 11 Base Economy generates 9.5 K Diamonds per hour. A fully upgraded Tier 12 Base Economy generates 14.2 Diamonds per hour. That represents an increase in production of 50% or 4.7 K per hour. This means an additional 112.8 K per day, over 30 days this is 3.4 M additional Diamonds in one month. (I pick a month because that is the average time until Glu drops yet another Tier on us) The cost of Full Economy upgrade is roughly 5.4 M. The 3.4 M Diamonds represents an 80% return on your 5.4 M investment in just one month. That is over a 1000% return annualized.

Don't ignore the long term effect of upgrading Base Economy early. This one pays off, the rest, not so much.
  • 28FOXTROT28FOXTROT Registered Users 49 Posts
    I agree completely with the upgrade. Base economy is always the #1 priority for me
    Yeah I have corrected my figures
    My view on upgrade priorities hasn't changed much recently: First priority, Tesla and Heavy upgrades, Second, Base Economy, Third, Drone upgrades.

I have modified my view of Drone weapons upgrades: Current view: not worth it. I do other Base and Primary weapons upgrades only as necessary. (Dressed to Kill forced me to upgrade my Sniper)

I admit that the current huge Vault size has tipped the scale somewhat. I now am picking only 20K+ opponents and the 14.2 K production represents less that one contest per hour, but it adds up even when you are not playing. If you are only playing the 3 Energy credits per hour, base production may represent 25% or more of your total Diamond receipts. That makes Base Economy upgrades more important for the casual player than the more serious (read wealthy) player.
    As of now, my upgrade order is:

1. Base Economy
    2. Heavy
    3. Health
    4. Tesla
    5. Guard Level
    6. Sentry Gun Level
    7. Drone

I only upgrade AR and Sniper if I need to, but this last go around I just used the ones won in last months Silver leagues to pass Ascension with the first level cash upgrades only. I'll probably wait until I get this months AR and Sniper to finish off Dressed to Kill

I do Health before Tesla because even with the previous Tesla, I can usually take out enemies pretty quickly, but on the short missions, I can have a tough time if my health isn't high enough, even with an upgraded Heavy. I mean, I can make it through with medkits, but I don't want to have to rely on those :)

I'm hoping we start seeing higher payouts for opponents in pvp soon, otherwise it's going to take forever to upgrade everything and still have time for the drone upgrades
    28FOXTROT wrote: »
    As of now, my upgrade order is:

1. Base Economy
    2. Heavy
    3. Health
    4. Tesla
    5. Guard Level
    6. Sentry Gun Level
    7. Drone

I only upgrade AR and Sniper if I need to, but this last go around I just used the ones won in last months Silver leagues to pass Ascension with the first level cash upgrades only. I'll probably wait until I get this months AR and Sniper to finish off Dressed to Kill

I do Health before Tesla because even with the previous Tesla, I can usually take out enemies pretty quickly, but on the short missions, I can have a tough time if my health isn't high enough, even with an upgraded Heavy. I mean, I can make it through with medkits, but I don't want to have to rely on those :)

I'm hoping we start seeing higher payouts for opponents in pvp soon, otherwise it's going to take forever to upgrade everything and still have time for the drone upgrades

I like your priorities, even though they differ from my own. I assume you have lowered Tesla upgrade priority in recognition of the the fact that an underpowered Tesla still rocks! It is hard for me to tell people to move Drone upgrades up the list, because it is such a long, tedious, expensive project, but once you get a powerful Drone, you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
    My view on upgrade priorities hasn't changed much recently: First priority, Tesla and Heavy upgrades, Second, Base Economy, Third, Drone upgrades.

I have modified my view of Drone weapons upgrades: Current view: not worth it. I do other Base and Primary weapons upgrades only as necessary. (Dressed to Kill forced me to upgrade my Sniper)

I admit that the current huge Vault size has tipped the scale somewhat. I now am picking only 20K+ opponents and the 14.2 K production represents less that one contest per hour, but it adds up even when you are not playing. If you are only playing the 3 Energy credits per hour, base production may represent 25% or more of your total Diamond receipts. That makes Base Economy upgrades more important for the casual player than the more serious (read wealthy) player.

As I mentioned earlier, I have no pending weapons upgrades but I did upgrade the BASE ECONOMY ... the more diamonds the better ... I like that 52K power ... great place to start.

THX
    I like your priorities, even though they differ from my own. I assume you have lowered Tesla upgrade priority in recognition of the the fact that an underpowered Tesla still rocks! It is hard for me to tell people to move Drone upgrades up the list, because it is such a long, tedious, expensive project, but once you get a powerful Drone, you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Correct on the Tesla.

It's not that I DON'T want to upgrade the drone. It's just that I want to make sure I upgrade the rest first and then go to the drone. Last month, I had a good 1.5 - 2 weeks to upgrade the drone and I'm at 65k drone power. Like you, i'm finally starting to finally see a bit of results from mini-me. So far the most useful aspect of the drone is it causing one less guy to fire at me on the short missions. Looking forward to when I can get the little guy over 100k and attach the 92k machine gun (it's the only attachment I have that's that high).

If I can keep on this pace, I'll be happy
    As I mentioned earlier, I have no pending weapons upgrades but I did upgrade the BASE ECONOMY ... the more diamonds the better ... I like that 52K power ... great place to start.

THX

On the subject of no weapons to upgrade, I know that we have no ability to get Glu to listen to us, but Glu needs to have this weekend's Global be for Heavies. That would put Amazon/Android out of sync with IOS, but that shouldn't be a big deal. Better to be out of sync than be out of luck on the Heavy front, competing for an Assault rifle that nobody wants or needs. Scorpion, talk to them, they listen to you.
    On the subject of no weapons to upgrade, I know that we have no ability to get Glu to listen to us, but Glu needs to have this weekend's Global be for Heavies. That would put Amazon/Android out of sync with IOS, but that shouldn't be a big deal. Better to be out of sync than be out of luck on the Heavy front, competing for an Assault rifle that nobody wants or needs. Scorpion, talk to them, they listen to you.

Super idea. They might make up some lost profits offering a heavy, and great point on tier 12 shorts.

The question still remains, will we even have a global at all this week? With Handles sp**** (really? - spor*adic?) updates and let downs, I'm guessing there's some large development problems going on. Maybe the programmers are on strike?