HANDLES: How is placing determined if on the same points?

bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
I know this has been asked before but as far as I can remeber it hasn't been answered...
If a bunch of people is on the same points who gets placed before the other?

When I was at 40 points I got placed in the middle (of the 10 having 40 points)
So it can't be sorted by name.

I have more vp than people that were placed before me.
So it can't be sorted by vp.

At least for some of the ones placed before me I am higher placed in the all time high leaderboard.
So it can't be sorted by all time high leaderboard.

Can it be sorted by the points we had in the global league that lead to the silver league?

So in the screenshot TOMO1961 had more points than AL1302 in the Global league so therefore TOMO1961 gets placed before AL1302 in the silver league?

HANDLES, do you have any idea?

2ic9lid.jpg
===============
One BITE at a time!

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    First to reach that total is placed 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on ...
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »

But then why did I place in the middle of the once with 40 points and not at the end?
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
    bys wrote: »
    But then why did I place in the middle of the once with 40 points and not at the end?

Why do you feel you didn't actually finish where you're ranked?
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    The question of how ties are ranked seems legitimate to me. If the screenshot is in league play, then some people in that list will earn more parts than others with the same score.

Or in the case I'm dealing with right now, first place in a silver room gets 17 parts for a heavy gun rather than the last global's sniper rifle. In order to win enough parts to craft that heavy, you must win all 3 of your rooms in the event, so many people don't want to finish first.

I want parts to finish my sniper rifle, so want to finish 2nd or 3rd, and knowing how ties will be evaluated is important to that strategy.
    The question of how ties are ranked seems legitimate to me. If the screenshot is in league play, then some people in that list will earn more parts than others with the same score.

Or in the case I'm dealing with right now, first place in a silver room gets 17 parts for a heavy gun rather than the last global's sniper rifle. In order to win enough parts to craft that heavy, you must win all 3 of your rooms in the event, so many people don't want to finish first.

I want parts to finish my sniper rifle, so want to finish 2nd or 3rd, and knowing how ties will be evaluated is important to that strategy.

I agree ... but other than posting the time adjacent to each rank, I don't see how you can know for sure; I mean GLU could tell us anything right, if they answer at all.

Realistically, in the heat of battle, the difference between rankings could be as small as a hundredth of a second. Ir may seem harsh if you're on the losing end, but how else would you do it?

As with any race, there has to be a winner. If you have a dead heat, then the prize is equally split between all, so if we're talking 10 people with 100 VP tied for 2nd, then everyone gets 1.n parts ... that won't work either.

Giving everyone 16-17 parts is a non starter, so I don't know what a "fair" solution would look like other than to go back to the old 20 PART format since that is where this problem is rooted.

Finishing 1st may not be as hard as you might expect. My stats show that the VP required to WIN has been decreasing steadily since nobody wants to win anymore. This is clearly one of GLU's biggest miscalculations.
  • 28FOXTROT28FOXTROT Registered Users 49 Posts

this is not the case. There's been plenty of times where i reached the points after someone and been placed ahead of them
    28FOXTROT wrote: »
    this is not the case. There's been plenty of times where i reached the points after someone and been placed ahead of them

and How would you know that? Only someone monitoring the server itself would be able to determine that. It may have appeared you reached a certain point before / after someone else but it would be impossible to determine this from your device.

Your guessing at best.
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    I almost always am placed at the bottom during a tie. I can beat many others but almost always am put in last position. No rhyme or reason.
    I almost always am placed at the bottom during a tie. I can beat many others but almost always am put in last position. No rhyme or reason.

Maybe you're right ... whenever SmokingJoe is in a tie, make sure he's placed behind the other players ... now you're making it personal.

I'm done here ... maybe HANDLES can help you guys out. LOL I find it interesting that only the people losing the tie breaker are complaining. I could be wrong, but it's human nature anyway especially when GLU isn't offering any explanations.

If you want to focus your energy on something, push GLU to revise the entire awards structure.
    and How would you know that? Only someone monitoring the server itself would be able to determine that. It may have appeared you reached a certain point before / after someone else but it would be impossible to determine this from your device.

Your guessing at best.

seriously? If i'm chasing someone in a daily and notice they have 100, i've had plenty of times when they haven't moved and i've caught up to them at 100 and see i'm ahead of them. This isn't guessing... this is observation. There's no need for 'monitoring the server'

edit: Decided to run a little test

Here, you can see Oldman7044 is clearly ahead of me and was first to 46 VP
    before_zps60lqzijs.png

and here, you can see I tied him, but i'm now ahead of him in the rankings
    after_zpsnxiyu3zn.png
    You're assuming you know how/when/how often the other guy is playing ... you can't do that.

In this SS it's clear to me that YOU reached 46 VP second, so tie breaker can't be based on time..

So now what?
    You're assuming you know how/when/how often the other guy is playing ... you can't do that. In this SS it's clear to me that YOU reached 46 VP second.

yes, yet i'm ahead of him in rankings, which goes against what you were saying about first to get there gets first, second to get there gets second and so on

or am i not reading what you wrote earlier correctly?
    28FOXTROT wrote: »
    yes, yet i'm ahead of him in rankings, which goes against what you were saying about first to get there gets first, second to get there gets second and so on

or am i not reading what you wrote earlier correctly?

No you read it right ... I was mistaken. But the question persists ... Now what? Let's say it's some random placement based on absolutely nothing ... Now what?

It is my belief that this new structure of 17 PARTS for 1st, 16 PARTS for 2nd for two different weapons is the root of all these problems. It's like players are walking on egg shells instead of trying to win and ties are inevitable.

I once saw the entire field from #3 down to #17 all tip toeing around with everyone scared to make a move. That is no way to play a game like this. My advice is to play as hard as you would otherwise. The guy who wants to win will stick out like a sore thumb, you won't overtake him ... just play lads.

At least you'll avoid these ties ** SMILES **
  • skywaveskywave Registered Users 59 Posts
    on bronze league is very very very easy to complete parts, 1st 20, 2nd 3rd 16parts. LOL