Is Being A Moron One Of The Requirements To Be A GLU Programmer/Developer?

concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
While this particular problem has to do with MIRN, what kind of idiots schedule a Server Maintenance on the last day of League play, especially since Wednesday is a "free" day. In MIRN, the League Event only runs for 2 days.

This morning at around 7:30 AM PST, the Server Maintenance message popped up saying check back in a couple of hours. It is now almost 11:00 AM and maintenance is still being performed. Fortunately, following Amsoft's advice, I do not need the league weapon parts, so the only effect for me is, it will extremely hard to reach the 50 gold award mark.

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    concerned wrote: »
    While this particular problem has to do with MIRN, what kind of idiots schedule a Server Maintenance on the last day of League play, especially since Wednesday is a "free" day. In MIRN, the League Event only runs for 2 days.

This morning at around 7:30 AM PST, the Server Maintenance message popped up saying check back in a couple of hours. It is now almost 11:00 AM and maintenance is still being performed. Fortunately, following Amsoft's advice, I do not need the league weapon parts, so the only effect for me is, it will extremely hard to reach the 50 gold award mark.

Good for you, at least there are a few who read my posts; as you can attest to, TOOBAD does offer some degree of protection from GLU foul ups.. The developers must be doing some real overhaul work since many-a-thing is now broken.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Good for you, at least there are a few who read my posts; as you can attest to, TOOBAD does offer some degree of protection from GLU foul ups.. The developers must be doing some real overhaul work since many-a-thing is now broken.

Yes TOOBAD definitely is helping through this latest mess. But while I am at it,

What is the brilliance behind the cost of buying the remaining diamonds needed for upgrades?

For my QUAZAR Elite weapon, the cost for a 3rd level upgrade is as follows:

1.7M diamonds or 220 Gold.

But wait I have some diamonds already.

Using my 360.62K diamonds that I already have, I need to spend 1,043 gold to buy the rest of the diamonds or 4.5x the cost of gold only.

Same thing with the Tier 13 Base upgrade.

3rd level base upgrade:

3.04M diamonds or 660 gold.

But wait I have 1.73M diamonds already, a little more than half the needed amount. Still I need to spend 1026 gold to buy the rest of the needed diamonds, not quite twice the gold only amount.

What could possibly be their rational behind this kind of Math. I know, it the new Math that is being taught in schools today. SMH
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    That one has been around forever it would seem. You would think you could combine diamonds and gold when you come up short on the diamonds side ... NOPE ... you would really need to be blindfolded, handcuffed and have never used basic arithmetic to fall for that one; yet I remember some rare instances when players made that fatal mistake by tapping through too quickly.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    That one has been around forever it would seem. You would think you could combine diamonds and gold when you come up short on the diamonds side ... NOPE ... you would really need to be blindfolded, handcuffed and have never used basic arithmetic to fall for that one; yet I remember some rare instances when players made that fatal mistake by tapping through too quickly.

I am sure that that type of mistake has happened. While I have not done it yet, thank God, I know that several times while doing drone upgrades, I have pressed the gold button instead of the diamond button.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    The question asked in this thread is completely wrong to begin with. We should be asking, Is being a moron one of the requirements to play GLU games?