Playing days are numbered

RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
Between the update to iOS and the update to CKS, I suspect that our playing days are numbered. I've managed a total of about twenty minutes online (between crashes) and now am completely locked out. With any luck GLU can provide some resolution before I take off traveling.

Huggles

P.S. The game finally loaded, but I recommend checking out the sticky post at the top of the list.
Huggles, Raylina

Comments

• try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I've been on the fence about this game since Tier 10 came out, and it looked like the end of times was near. I'm now just beginning Tier 15, but if this version 3.1.1 has any effects like it did for some iOS guys, and being Amazon league that's not backed up, I won't have to make the decision to continue playing, GLU will make it for me.

You'd think they could make two updates, first the performance/optimization update, to see if that helped with frame freezing and shutdowns, then pile on more modules with an update for Facebook advertisement.

As Scorpion allways says, shacking my head.
  • asapayuasapayu Registered Users 16 Posts
    I would like to ask, why does it always crash every time I play the PVP, revenge and the campaign. I'm in Modern slayers 2nd intel collected with four remaining games.

I play with my ipad mini, ios 9.0.1, 16G. I'm Level 140, with 22.1K support drone, 234.24K base power, rhino 712K, bulldog 712K.

Did I reach the max of my ipad mini to play it? do i have to quit and stop playing because I've reached my ipad's max? Please tell me what to do, if there's anything I need to do.

I appreciate any insight on this.
  • Neo1800Neo1800 Registered Users 94 Posts
    Apparently It's the End for Many - Myself as well.

Not one has solution for iPadAir 1 on 8.4.1 w/Game update locked to get on.

Spent more on the game than the iPad.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Neo1800 wrote: »
    Apparently It's the End for Many - Myself as well.

Not one has solution for iPadAir 1 on 8.4.1 w/Game update locked to get on.

There is a solution for being locked out of the game: It is the backup, delete CKS, restore process that is described in a couple of threads. It has worked for everybody who has done it.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    There is a solution for being locked out of the game:
    It is the backup,
    delete CKS, restore process that is described in a couple of threads.
    It has worked for everybody who has done it.
    I've read them -
    they are not specific to the details I have with backup only done yesterday in the configuration as listed.

Others had backup prior to game upgrade & iPad upgrade -

Just too many variables that don't quite match to take a chance of losing lev 140 and base.

Too complex to figure out next positive move -
    - upgrade iPad 1st
    - delete game 1st
    - ?

Thanks
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I've read them -
    they are not specific to the details I have with backup only done yesterday in the configuration as listed.

Others had backup prior to game upgrade & iPad upgrade -

Just too many variables that don't quite match to take a chance of losing lev 140 and base.

Too complex to figure out next positive move -
    - upgrade iPad 1st
    - delete game 1st
    - ?

Thanks

CONCERNED (where are U) can shed some light on this. I would think that a recent backup would be required, but I'm not playing the IOS platform, so it's a guess at best. Additionally I would ALWAYS stay away from IOS upgrades unless you have no choice, like a new feature that you can't live without, a broken feature that it fixes that you can't live without, Apple holding a gun to your head.

For example I'm on Android 4.4.4 and the current release is 5.1.1. I refuse to upgrade for a very simple reason ... It aint broke.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Connect your ipad to the computer. Back up iPad, I back up to iCloud and my computer just to make sure.Update IOS if you need to, then delete CKS, by holding the CKS icon until it jiggles, then delete it. Go to the App store and download the current CKS app. Then using iTunes, restore your iPad using your most recent backup. You will then have a clean version of the game, updated with your game data. It sounds scary, but it is actually quite easy and safe.

This should work for you. Let me know if you have problems.
    Connect your ipad to the computer. Back up iPad, I back up to iCloud and my computer just to make sure.Update IOS if you need to, then delete CKS, by holding the CKS icon until it jiggles, then delete it. Go to the App store and download the current CKS app. Then using iTunes, restore your iPad using your most recent backup. You will then have a clean version of the game, updated with your game data. It sounds scary, but it is actually quite easy and safe.

My only concern with your sequence is that the backup is created by an older IOS version and could be problematic when restoring using a more recent version of IOS.

To eliminate this as a concern, (1) avoid the IOS update entirely or at least until the player is 100% sure that everything else is working OR (2) update IOS before taking the backup. I recommend option #1. Keep the number of moving parts at a minimum; it's never a good idea to apply multiple major updates simultaneously; that's what has got us in this mess. **SMILES**
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts

I will second this advice. This is what worked for me. I had already done the IOS update, but if I had to doing again, I probably would not have done the IOS update. But, iTunes will always try to get you to do the IOS update. To quote amsoft, "If it ain't broke, the don't fix it."

The only thing that I would add and is something that I have not explicatively said in my other posts, is I did my app delete in this manner: Settings >Storage & iCloud Usage >Manage Storage. Then I found the CKS app listed there and Deleted App. Now the scaring part comes. a Delete App pop up says Deleting 'ContractKiller" will also delete all of its documents & data. I then pressed Delete App. There is always more than one way to solve any computer/tablet problem. Bottom line is whatever works is the right way.
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I refuse to upgrade for a very simple reason ... It aint broke.
    Absolute - I refuse to upgrade from ios841 - ios9.
    It works just fine for everything I do at 841.
    Unfortunately - I only have iCloud as backup option - only done yesterday.

Computer doesn't see iPad at all - except for iPhoto.

Thanks Captain.
    bradr752
    Connect your ipad to the computer. Back up iPad, I back up to iCloud and my computer just to make sure.Update IOS if you need to, then delete CKS, by holding the CKS icon until it jiggles,
    My only concern with your sequence is that the backup is created by an older IOS version and could be problematic when restoring using a more recent version of IOS.

To eliminate this as a concern, (1) avoid the IOS update entirely or at least until the player is 100% sure that everything else is working OR (2) update IOS before taking the backup. I recommend option #1. Keep the number of moving parts at a minimum; it's never a good idea to apply multiple major updates simultaneously; that's what has got us in this mess. **SMILES**

I may have to just get brave at Brads' sequence - and just grin & bare it - if it fails.
    At this point - what does it matter - I can't get there anyway - Lol.

But I do hugely appreciate the advice -
    Best Regards...
    CONCERNED (where are U) can shed some light on this. I would think that a recent backup would be required, but I'm not playing the IOS platform, so it's a guess at best. Additionally I would ALWAYS stay away from IOS upgrades unless you have no choice, like a new feature that you can't live without, a broken feature that it fixes that you can't live without, Apple holding a gun to your head.

For example I'm on Android 4.4.4 and the current release is 5.1.1. I refuse to upgrade for a very simple reason ... It aint broke.

The more recent the backup the better. In my case, the following was the sequence of events: I had up update the IOS, if I had to do it over again, I would not have done the IOS update. The 3.1.1 game update was released, when it was downloaded the game would freeze and would not start. I, then, did a full backup of the broken game. For safety sake, 2 backups were done one to iTunes and 1 to iCloud. This way I knew that if anything went wrong, then I could get things back to the way they were, "broken".

Once I had the backups, I deleted the app thru Settings >Storage & iCloud Usage >Manage Storage. Once the app was delete, I restarted the iPad and reinstalled the app. Then the app started with a "new" game and I did the restore.

I, too, subscribe to "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
    concerned wrote: »
    I will second this advice. This is what worked for me. I had already done the IOS update, but if I had to doing again, I probably would not have done the IOS update. But, iTunes will always try to get you to do the IOS update. To quote amsoft, "If it ain't broke, the don't fix it."

The only thing that I would add and is something that I have not explicatively said in my other posts, is I did my app delete in this manner: Settings >Storage & iCloud Usage >Manage Storage.

Then I found the CKS app listed there and Deleted App.
    Now the scaring part comes. a Delete App pop up says Deleting 'ContractKiller" will also delete all of its documents & data.
    I then pressed Delete App.

There is always more than one way to solve any computer/tablet problem. Bottom line is whatever works is the right way.

I think my brain just created a major bad sector here. There might be more to the sequence I missed.

AT CLOUD -
    ( Once the app was delete, I restarted the iPad and reinstalled the app.
    Then the app started with a "new" game and I did the restore. )

The Game came up with prompt to Restore? But You Just deleted game from cloud prior -

Sorry if this is not quite sinking in - I can't see how game gets data from cloud maybe.
    Or it was done through iTunes Backup - Guess I'm Missing it.
    For what it's worth, and I hope you guys haven't forgotten this and shot yourselves in the foot ... over the Summer I remember players upgrading to IOS 9.x.x from 8.x.x and then reporting video related problems.
    As an added note, I did run into a problem with my iPad Mini3 and iTunes.

I did the 2 backups of CKS that was running on an iPad with IOS 9.0.1. The Mini had IOS 8.4.1 and I did a backup of it.

When I tried to restore the CKS 9.0.1 back, iTunes came back with an error message that the iPad could not be restored unless its IOS was upgraded. So I went ahead and did the IOS upgrade.

Now the fun really started, when I reconnected the Mini, with the IOS update, I found out that Apple had just released IOS 9.0.2.
    The Mini now had IOS 9.0.2 on it and I received an error message that "iPad Mini can not be accessed by iTunes. Please update iTunes to the latest version.

Now for the fun. When I went to www.itunes.com and tried to update iTunes, I received a message saying "you are currently running the latest iTunes."

Great, the iPad can not be accessed unless iTunes is updated. But iTunes can not be upgraded because I already have the latest version. Blankaty, Blank Apple.

Fortunately, I was able to do a factory restore thru Setting and when the Setup Assistant got to the point where is let me do a restore from iCloud, then I was able to get CKS running on the Mini.
    I think my brain just created a major bad sector here. There might be more to the sequence I missed.

AT CLOUD -
    ( Once the app was delete, I restarted the iPad and reinstalled the app.
    Then the app started with a "new" game and I did the restore. )

The Game came up with prompt to Restore? But You Just deleted game from cloud prior -

Sorry if this is not quite sinking in - I can't see how game gets data from cloud maybe.

The iPad restore comes up with the prompt to restore not then game. We did not delete the game from the cloud prior, we deleted the game from the iPad. We are restoring our current game progress from iCloud after we are able to get a new fresh copy of the CKS to load.

While this is not a complicated procedure for those of us in the IT field, it is by no means a simple piece of cake procedure. We performed so many different backups and restores that we do it in "our sleep". For those who do not do this very often, it is a "difficult" concept to do right and it is a scary operation.
    OK - Think We Have it - Wow..
    Quite the process -

Thanks Concern for play by play - much appreciated.
    Happy Hr Pending Captain...
    For what it's worth, and I hope you guys haven't forgotten this and shot yourselves in the foot ... over the Summer I remember players upgrading to IOS 9.x.x from 8.x.x and then reporting video related problems.

This is why I have stated, several times, if I had to do it over again, I would not have upgraded my IOS. The only mistake that I made, was I "forgot" to do a backup before I did the IOS upgrade. Just goes to show you that no matter how much IT experience and no matter how long we have been in the IT filed, we still make mistakes.
    OK - Think We Have it - Wow..
    Quite the process -

Thanks Concern for play by play - much appreciated.
    Happy Hr Pending Captain...

Yes it is quite a process. That is why I have been stressing the two backups, iTunes and iCloud. Having 2 backups gives me the confidence of knowing, not matter what happens, I will always, at least, be able to put it back to the "broken" state that it was in before I tried to fix it.

Then I can try to fix it again
    This is why I have stated, several times, if I had to do it over again, I would not have upgraded my IOS. The only mistake that I made, was I "forgot" to do a backup before I did the IOS upgrade. Just goes to show you that no matter how much IT experience and no matter how long we have been in the IT filed, we still make mistakes.

Yep and iTunes is the biggest offender of them all; I can't begin to tell you how many people Windows and Mac owners that have an iPod, for example, when they get that "You must upgrade to proceed ... " type of error, my phone starts ringing off the hook. If they don't update they can't access their music collection, if they do update it fails.
  • muusialmuusial Registered Users 5 Posts
    I'm fed up with network errors
    I was not able to play yesterday afternoon also today morning and now
    I can't even log into game!
    errors as follow 116000,101000,203105,203302 and 204097 when I've lost my winning streak
    and I didn't even star pvp match
    this game isn't working at all and I think I'll let it go soon
    shame!
    And this new update via facebook connection?
    I don't have a FB account and I'm not willing to get one sorry!

in game login MUUSIAL
    amazon fire phone
    muusial wrote: »
    errors as follow 116000,101000,203105,203302 and 204097 when I've lost my winning streak
    shame!

in game login MUUSIAL
    amazon fire phone

I know it's extremely hard, but knowing how GLU operates, I'd give them until Monday afternoon to remedy these problems. We've seen this many times in the past, they update something on a Thu-Fri and take off for the weekend ... they break something and nobody is even aware of it until Monday.
    muusial wrote: »
    shame!

in game login MUUSIAL
    amazon fire phone

The sad part is, you don't even have to log into Facebook. The game plays just as it has before except if you want there is a Facebook login. I would really be interested in how many people have actually logged into Facebook? I know that I have not and will not. I have no interest in share that I have defeated my opponent in Battle. I mean come on, 50-60 or more wins in League play per day and 200-300 times during Global weekend. Do they really think Facebook friends are going to interested in that volume of posting? SMH.
    The sad part is, you don't even have to log into Facebook. The game plays just as it has before except if you want there is a Facebook login. I would really be interested in how many people have actually logged into Facebook? I know that I have not and will not. I have no interest in share that I have defeated my opponent in Battle. I mean come on, 50-60 or more wins in League play per day and 200-300 times during Global weekend. Do they really think Facebook friends are going to interested in that volume of posting? SMH.

I already know what my Facebook friends would comment ... "Step Away From The Game ... " LOL
  • wearcatwearcat Registered Users 4 Posts
    When or if is this game gonna restart
    wearcat wrote: »
    When or if is this game gonna restart

What game platform are you playing on?

IOS (Apple) was updated last week before the Global event and a lot of players were having problems starting CKS, but I think that most have been sorted out.

Android was also updated and there was a problem with the Global event, so it did not run the full 4 days, in fact I think that most Android players reported that there was less than 1 day of Global available. From what I can tell from the forum posts, most Android players are playing in their respective leagues, now.

As far as Kindle players, there are posts of the forum about the server maintenance being performed now.

So it really depends where you are playing as to what is the answer that you are looking for.
  • RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    Yep and iTunes is the biggest offender of them all; I can't begin to tell you how many people Windows and Mac owners that have an iPod, for example, when they get that "You must upgrade to proceed ... " type of error, my phone starts ringing off the hook. If they don't update they can't access their music collection, if they do update it fails.

Here is a comment I wish I had read before my trip. I tried the backup/restore routine and iTunes destroyed the process. Hence Darkstone died and Raylina had to be born. I'll be posting statics and observations as I rebuild.

Huggles
    Huggles, Raylina